It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh, the hypocrisy of the left. Why are calls for Barr’s resignation not obstruction!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Funny if it’s truthful or not.

I guess you need to correct “ List of American federal politicians convicted of crimes” at Wikipedia? Good work with your correcting?

2009–2017 (Barack Obama (D) presidency) Edit

Executive branch Edit
General David Petraeus (R)[148] Director of the Central Intelligence Agency. On April 23, 2015, a federal judge sentenced Petraeus to two years' probation plus a fine of $100,000 for providing classified information to Lieutenant Colonel Paula Broadwell (2015).[149]
Legislative branch Edit
Mark D. Siljander (R-MI) was convicted of obstruction of justice (2012).[150]
Laura Richardson (D-CA) was found guilty on seven counts of violating US House rules by improperly using her staff to campaign for her, destroying the evidence and tampering with witness testimony. The House Ethics Committee ordered Richardson to pay a fine of $10,000 (2012).[151][152]
Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL) pleaded guilty February 20, 2013, to one count of wire and mail fraud in connection with his misuse of $750,000 in campaign funds. Jackson was sentenced to two-and-one-half years' imprisonment (2013).[153]
Rick Renzi (R-AZ) was found guilty on 17 of 32 counts against him June 12, 2013, including wire fraud, conspiracy, extortion, racketeering, money laundering and making false statements to insurance regulators (2013).[154]
Trey Radel (R-FL) was convicted of possession of coc aine in November 2013. As a first-time offender, he was sentenced to one year probation and fined $250. Radel announced he would take a leave of absence, but did not resign. Later, under pressure from a number of Republican leaders, he announced through a spokesperson that he would resign (2013).[155][156][157]

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Vs

2017–present (Donald Trump (R) presidency) Edit

Legislative branch Edit
Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections (2016-2019)

Michael Flynn (D), 25th United States National Security Advisor and Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency to Barack Obama, pleaded guilty to making false statements to the FBI on December 1, 2017.[176]
Robin Hayes (R-NC), was convicted of lying to the FBI (2019).[177]
Chris Collins (R-NY), pleaded guilty to insider trading (2019).[178]
Duncan D. Hunter (R-CA), pleaded guilty to misuse of campaign funds[179]

en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 19-2-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Why does Trump feel the need to tell his AG that he has the right to be involved? What is Barr doing that makes Trump feel this is necessary? And why so publicly???

Executive power vs. the administrative (deep state) subversion. It's now or never. Yes, I wish Trump would sometimes choose another way to make his point but I'm pretty sure he doesn't yet know if he can truly trust Barr or if he's just the ultimate "fixer."

I'm pretty damn sure of this too: We are in a true constitutional crisis brought about by the national security state and the unelected administrative bureaucracy.

edit on 19-2-2020 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

What are you going on about. Is there any evidence that Barr circumvented justice. Is there any credible argument with supporting evidence that justify the Dem’s calls to resign while he has open investigations? The democrats were going to make this argument no mater the circumstances. The calls for Barr to step aside by the Dem’s started before the impeachment. Is that false. The Dems have no actual evidence of anything. Just innuendo and hearsay.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I find it just amazing Republicans always put their party before country and Constitution. I doubt very much our founding fathers would be pleased with an Executive branch of government that allowed friends of the party to get away with breaking our laws while at the same time going after political rivals with fake charges having no evidence.

We are in banana republic territory now.

Unfortunately, Republicans don't have the monopoly on bad behavior.

And I agree about the Founding Fathers. But I'm pretty sure this is exactly why the Founding Fathers put the power in the hands of We The People, including and especially the Citizen's Grand Jury.

The Founding Fathers knew that the critters could not be trusted to investigate themselves... much less hold themselves to account.

But that's exactly where we are. And as long as the truth is criminal in the name of "justice," there will be no truth and therefore no justice.

From either side.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Guilt by association. Want to talk Clinton and Whitewater. Obama and the IRS scandal. Or Obama, Fast and Furious with executive privilege for Holder. And Holder contempt of Congress?

How’s that

Recent administrations with the LEAST criminal indictments:

Obama (Democrat) — 0

So? Contempt of Congress is not criminal? Interesting.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Executive power vs. the administrative (deep state) subversion. It's now or never.

That's a very good way to frame it. And, yes, I do believe that it's now or never as well.

Yes, I wish Trump would sometimes choose another way to make his point but I'm pretty sure he doesn't yet know if he can truly trust Barr or if he's just the ultimate "fixer."

I tend to agree. I wonder/suspect that Trump is giving Barr enough rope to hang himself -- and Heaven only knows who else in the process. This public feuding is increasing this suspicion on my part. Perhaps on Trump's part as well. There was no good reason for Barr to make such a statement publicly. He could have -- and should have -- spoken to Trump about it privately if there was such a concern. And if he did speak to Trump privately, and didn't like Trump's answers, then Barr should have simply resigned.

I'm going with the proof is in the pudding. Barr made a conscious and deliberate decision to call out the President publicly. That was not done in Trump's best interests. So in whose best interests was it? Whose best interests is Barr really serving?

I'm pretty damn sure of this too: We are in a true constitutional crisis brought about by the national security state and the unelected administrative bureaucracy.

Damn right!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

What are you going on about.

I guess I am speaking Klingon... little did I know!

I have made myself as clear as I can and it's obviously an exercise in futility.

I'll just leave it at that.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: sunkuong

Can obstruction happen if there is nothing to obstruct?

LOL, I'll let this sit here for some to ponder.

Using that logic....

How was Trump guiltily of obstructing congress?

Because they huffed....
And they puffed.....

And he blew their house down.
Lol

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Republicans are just way too incompetent...

This is coming from a guy that thought if Trump was impeached he would start a nuclear war.

You have no grounds to call anyone incompetent.

Trump wasn't impeached so we will never know. He could have easily had a temper tantrum.

I have plenty of grounds. Just because you think your opinion is a fact doesn't make it so.

He wasn't impeached? According to Nancy Pelosi, he's impeached FOREVER.

And no, he wouldn't have started a nuclear war over it. You're so detached from the real world it's embarrassing. Adults are talking. Go copy and paste your drivel in another thread.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

No you haven’t. Do you have credible evidence of guilt concerning Barr that would force him to resign, get fired, or be criminally charged? Or you falling for fake allegations leveled by the Democrats?

Pelosi says Barr ‘deeply damaged the rule of law’ through handling of Stone case
www.washingtonpost.com... b5c-eac5b16dafaa_story.html

Any truth to

Feb. 13, 2020 at 5:56 p.m. EST
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) took aim Thursday at Attorney General William P. Barr, accusing him of having “deeply damaged the rule of law” by withdrawing the Justice Department’s sentencing recommendation for President Trump’s longtime friend and associate, Roger Stone.

What did Barr do that was illegal, or outside his privilege as AG?
Or is this another which hunt?

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I suppose this "public" feud could be a ruse for unknown purposes, but I doubt it.

Disagree, I think it is precisely that. Trump is the Troll-Master, you know, and manipulates the MSM in ways we may never even completely understand.

I think he and Barr are working in a coordinated way.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

You

I'm going with the proof is in the pudding. Barr made a conscious and deliberate decision to call out the President publicly. That was not done in Trump's best interests. So in whose best interests was it? Whose best interests is Barr really serving

You me using items out of context. The criticism was actually at those stating he circumvent the law at the prompting of Trump. Barr states the Tweets from Trump was not in the best interest of anyone. And was making his job hard.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

No you haven’t.

Really? Somehow you know that I can explain myself better? Interesting...

Do you have credible evidence of guilt concerning Barr that would force him to resign, get fired, or be criminally charged?

Why would I have any evidence -- "credible" or otherwise -- for something I never said or thought? Why do you keep asking me to explain # that I never said or thought and you just made up out of thin air???

I stated very clearly that if Barr cannot accept the conditions of the job that he should resign, and NOT criticize his boss/the President publicly. Barr's choice and Barr's prerogative. I did not say that Barr was "guilty" of anything that would "force" him to resign, get fired, or be criminally charged.

Or you falling for fake allegations leveled by the Democrats?

The air's nice outside the partisan echo chambers. Maybe step out sometime and try it. Take a deep breath... hug a tree... walk barefoot in the grass... soak up the sun and get some Vitamin D going...

Pelosi says Barr ‘deeply damaged the rule of law’ through handling of Stone case

Any truth to

Feb. 13, 2020 at 5:56 p.m. EST
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) took aim Thursday at Attorney General William P. Barr, accusing him of having “deeply damaged the rule of law” by withdrawing the Justice Department’s sentencing recommendation for President Trump’s longtime friend and associate, Roger Stone.

What did Barr do that was illegal, or outside his privilege as AG?
Or is this another which hunt?

Oh dear... a case of mistaken identity apparently... Do you think I'm freaking Nancy Pelosi??? I'm not. I don't think for her, I don't speak for her, and I don't act for her. Likewise, she doesn't think for me, doesn't speak for me, and doesn't act for me.

Read your own links if you want to know why she said what she did. I am not saying that.
edit on 19-2-2020 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Disagree, I think it is precisely that.

I sooooooooo wish I could believe that!!! I'm not ruling it out, because it does make much sense within the circumstances that we know. I don't think it would be the first or only time either.

Trump is the Troll-Master, you know, and manipulates the MSM in ways we may never even completely understand. I think he and Barr are working in a coordinated way.

He is the Master! I've never doubted that much. Speaking directly to the people is brilliant and I very much respect and admire that about Trump.

If Trump and Barr are actually working together and this is part of a larger plan, that's awesome... I hope they prove me wrong. I'd give them even more kudos for pulling it off!

But I'm far from convinced.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

This is the article cited in the opening post.....

Graham, R-S.C., told "Hannity" that Barr was doing his job when his office stepped in to soften a sentencing recommendation from four now-resigned federal prosecutors in the case of Republican consultant Roger Stone.

Stone has been convicted of witness tampering and lying to Congress in relation to the Russia investigation. The prosecutors recommended up to nine years in prison -- but Barr balked at the suggestion.

"Bill Barr stepped in and stopped what I thought was an unjust sentence enhancement - and to the people who want Barr to resign, we know your agenda," he said.
www.foxnews.com...

The Dems call for Barr to resign has nothing to do with Barr’s criticism of Trump.

If you think Barr should resign because he criticized trump in statements you are taking out of context where Barr addresses attacks of him “deeply damaging the rule of law” and Trump’s tweeting were not helping Trump’s case, that would make a great new thread.....

This thread was stated on the premise of “ Oh, the hypocrisy of the left. Why are calls for Barr’s resignation not obstruction!” And Barr was “deeply damaging the rule of law”

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

If Trump and Barr are actually working together and this is part of a larger plan, that's awesome... I hope they prove me wrong. I'd give them even more kudos for pulling it off!

But I'm far from convinced.

I'm not 100% convinced about Barr, but in all honesty, I have simply chosen to believe he is, until he proves otherwise.

I mean, this is the first time in my life that I actually have real hope for some Justice for these criminals.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

The same people who signed the letter demanding that Barr step down, signed the same letter demanding that Barr resign, after he said he wouldn't charge the President with anything after Bob Mueller's testimony b4 Congress. They just tweak the content and re-transmit it to the Dept of Justice.

There are groups of former officials/employees who are very afraid.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

The Trump Admin likes to create diversions/smoke to cover for big decisions made. Yesterday, we had the commutations and pardons...then the rumor that Barr might call it quits.

The most important thing that happened yesterday was A.G. Barr naming a 2nd Prosecutor (in Brooklyn) to intake and coordinate the large amount of U.S.-linked corruption evidence, that's being received from Ukraine, Giuliani, and other location.

Oh...and the DOJ sent a letter to Jerry Nadler that will make him eat twice as much, out of worry.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The same people who signed the letter demanding that Barr step down, signed the same letter demanding that Barr resign, after he said he wouldn't charge the President with anything after Bob Mueller's testimony b4 Congress. They just tweak the content and re-transmit it to the Dept of Justice.

There are groups of former officials/employees who are very afraid.

I would like to think the swamp dwellers are afraid. But the “ Andrew McCabe, Ex-F.B.I. Official, Will Not Be Charged in Lying Case” was a kick in the shorts..

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The most important thing that happened yesterday was A.G. Barr naming a 2nd Prosecutor (in Brooklyn) to intake and coordinate the large amount of U.S.-linked corruption evidence, that's being received from Ukraine, Giuliani, and other location.

I dunno, did you forget about his appointing an outside prosecutor to do a full review of the Flynn case?

I'm really looking forward to the leftist TDS hysterics when Trump re-appoints Flynn as his NSA after his re-election landslide.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join