It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh, the hypocrisy of the left. Why are calls for Barr’s resignation not obstruction!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I don’t get your point? Trump cannot influence Barr, but Barr cannot criticize Trump? When Barr went to the effort to show he will not be bullied?

Whether it’s Congress, newspaper editorial boards or the president, I’m going to do what I think is right,” Mr. Barr said in an interview with ABC News,

www.nytimes.com...

I think this is the real reason people want Barr gone.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong

What do you imagine the story between barr and potus is?

I'm not sure exactly... neither has confided in me and I'm not privy to their private conversations.

Other than what it seems to be? Which is pretty clear. According to twitter and the mainstream media, at least.

LOL! Nothing is "clear" -- especially when the mainstream media is involved!!!

However, it does seem clear that there is friction between the President and the AG. It also seems clear that the President's AG is trying to give the President marching orders as opposed to the AG taking the President's marching orders. And it is quite obvious that the AG has/had no qualms about publicly criticizing and even tainting the President's words, intentions, and actions.

Again... not cool..

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Republicans are just way too incompetent to ever indict any Democrats let alone get one convicted. So how can people asking for Barr's resignation be an obstruction of justice when there is NO justice.

Trump campaigned on "draining the swamp" and getting rid of corruption in Washington. The truth and the facts suggest otherwise. It appears the Trump administration is the most corrupt government this country has ever had:

"Recent administrations with the MOST criminal indictments:

Trump (Republican) — 215

Nixon (Republican) — 76

Reagan (Republican) — 26

"Recent administrations with the LEAST criminal indictments:

Obama (Democrat) — 0

Carter (Democrat) — 1

Clinton (Democrat) — 2"

Please Republicans stop being so incompetent. Please indict just one Democrat!!

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Which nobody will be privy to, we may as well be discussing who would win an mma match between trump and Putin.

Yup -- pretty much!

So the proof is in the pudding. What do we know? We see the very public back-and-forth between the President and his AG. And it doesn't look good. If Barr has a problem with Trump's tweets, he needs to speak to Trump about it privately. If Trump continues to act in a way that Barr cannot in good conscience accept and work with, then Barr needs to resign and let Trump find an AG that can work with him... NOT criticize Trump publicly.

I suppose this "public" feud could be a ruse for unknown purposes, but I doubt it.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Nice made up numbers.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

My point is that Barr very publicly criticized his boss for doing his job. And not only is the President telling Barr "so sad and too bad," the President is doubling down.

I would very much like to know if Barr has ever spoken to the President privately about his concerns about the President's tweets... and what was said. Either way, it doesn't look good for Barr. If Barr did speak to the President privately, the President obviously decided he was going to continue tweeting anyway, and it's Barr's choice whether he can work under those conditions or not. If not, he can resign. It is not Barr's place to publicly criticize the President for it.

If Barr did not speak to the President privately, then Barr totally ambushed and betrayed the President by criticizing him publicly without even a heads up.

With friends like that, who needs enemies???

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Then if Trump was his boss, then why would you state, “ Why does Trump feel the need to tell his AG that he has the right to be involved”?

And I think Barr had ever right to criticize Trump if your worried about Trump feeling the need to get involved.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

You

Why does Trump feel the need to tell his AG that he has the right to be involved?

You have proof Trump is influencing Barr’s investigations?
And. What Branch does Barr work for? And who is ultimately head of that branch?

Excuse me? I didn't say Trump is influencing Barr's investigations... and I didn't think it either.

I am saying that Trump should not have to tell his AG that he has the right to be involved in the execution and enforcement of the law.

I am also saying that Barr should not be publicly criticizing the President/his boss for fulfilling his duty to execute and enforce the law.

If anything, I think Trump wants Barr to do his damn job and stop talking trash about him on the world stage!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I didn’t say you did. I am just confused if Trump is Barr’s boss, why you don’t think Trump has a say?

I am Trump Friendly. But if he doesn’t want publicly criticize, maybe lay-off the Twitter. Just saying.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Then if Trump was his boss...

No "if" about it. Trump put Barr in that position and Trump can take Barr right back out again.

...then why would you state, “ Why does Trump feel the need to tell his AG that he has the right to be involved”?

Because that's exactly what Trump did.

Trump Tweets on: President slaps down Bill Barr by REFUSING to stop lecturing about the Justice Department and claiming he DOES have the legal right to intervene in criminal cases - but hasn't chosen to yet

Trump concedes his tweets are a burden to Attorney General Bill Barr but defends his right to be 'totally involved' in criminal cases

And I think Barr had ever right to criticize Trump if your worried about Trump feeling the need to get involved.

Well, sure Barr has the right to criticize Trump. I never said he didn't. I just said it was not cool. Apparently you think it's all hunky dory. Okay.

I'm curious... do you think Barr discussed this with Trump before going public?

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I didn’t say you did. I am just confused if Trump is Barr’s boss, why you don’t think Trump has a say?

Am I speaking Klingon and don't know it???

I'm saying that Trump is the boss, Trump does have a say, and Trump does have the power and authority to be involved with anything and everything under the Executive Branch -- not just including but especially the AG and the DOJ!!!

I am Trump Friendly. But if he doesn’t want publicly criticize, maybe lay-off the Twitter. Just saying.

LOL! As if laying off Twitter would stop the public criticism!

Here's another idea: Trump can just fire Barr's sorry butt and find an AG that actually wants to work with the president to drain the swamp...

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I believe Barr in what he said in his interviews. Do you have credible evidence to show otherwise.

But if Trump is Barr’s Boss, what does it really mater. As long as Trump is not the one being investigated. And Barr was not asked to break laws. It’s Trumps privilege as head of the Executive branch on what corruption he thinks needs rooted out. Is that false?

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I believe Barr in what he said in his interviews. Do you have credible evidence to show otherwise.

For what exactly? Barr said lots of things... I haven't weighed in on the veracity of anything he's said. I've only taken exception to his public criticism of Trump's tweets. I''m obviously taking Barr at his word and assuming that he meant his criticism.

But if Trump is Barr’s Boss, what does it really mater. As long as Trump is not the one being investigated. And Barr was not asked to break laws. It’s Trumps privilege as head of the Executive branch on what corruption he thinks needs rooted out. Is that false?

Oh dear. I don't even understand what you're saying here.

Yes, as head of the Executive Branch, Trump is the boss. It is Trump's duty to enforce the law, including rooting out corruption. Trump chooses an AG to help him in that effort. If the AG is not working with the president in that effort, but working against the president, that's a problem. If the AG is doing so very publicly and criticizing the president in the process, that's a problem.

In fact, in so doing, the AG himself is casting doubt on everything he does, opening the door for accusations by the Dems (and other critics) of inappropriate and improper interference from the President. The AG himself has now tainted the integrity of anything and everything the DOJ does. Despite the fact that yes, the President does have the duty and responsibility for executing and enforcing the law, and running the DOJ.

What a good little Fixer he is.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Republicans are just way too incompetent...

This is coming from a guy that thought if Trump was impeached he would start a nuclear war.

You have no grounds to call anyone incompetent.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Then why make this statement

Why does Trump feel the need to tell his AG that he has the right to be involved?

If Trump is the Boss.

Your argument makes no sense.

The Dems are trying to use innuendo that Trump is pressuring Barr to circumvent Justice.

So If Trump is Barr’s Boss. Trump has the privilege to direct Barr as long as it’s in the bounds of the laws. And Barr is working at the speed of proper investigations and the speed of the legal system, how is “ the AG himself is casting doubt on everything he does, opening the door for accusations by the Dems (and other critics) of inappropriate and improper interference from the President”

When in fact Barr is keeping the requests of the President in check with the law and legal system. And the Dems actual argument is Trump is a actively using Barr to circumvent law and the legal system. Has nothing to do with Barr’s actual working relationship with Trump.

Barr is very protective of his image right now. Has every right to criticize all attacks that he is not doing his job. The Criticisms from Trump is he is not moving fast enough when he is bounded by the legal system. And the criticisms from the Dems his circumventing the law under orders from Trump.

So. Are you the one falling for the false narrative and innuendo of the Dems?

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

a reply to: dfnj2015

Nice made up numbers.

Here's what a simple google search found:

Many more criminal indictments under Trump, Reagan and Nixon than under Obama, Clinton and Carter

edit on 19-2-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Then why make this statement

Because that's exactly what Trump did. I have provided two different links of Trump specifically and unequivocally saying he has the right to be involved in two different posts. Those are Trump's words. Trump felt it necessary to respond to his AG with those words. It is on record.

Why does Trump have to tell his AG -- who should already know -- that the President does in fact and in deed have the power and authority to be involved in and intervene in matters pertaining to the execution and enforcement of the law???

Barr publicly told the President to shut up and stay the hell out of his way... The President basically said in effect "All ways are MY ways." And in this case the President is right. If Barr cannot accept the working conditions, and/or privately work out their differences, then BARR needs to resign.

Instead, Barr has now publicly and forever more cast doubts upon not only the President, but upon his and his department's work product by suggesting that the President interfered improperly.

So. Are you the one falling for the false narrative and innuendo of the Dems?

Yeah, because the Dems are out there criticizing Barr for criticizing the President??? I'm just a parrot for their words???

Yeah, that's it... the Dems are oh-so-furious that Barr said mean things about Trump!

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

This is coming from a guy that thought if Trump was impeached he would start a nuclear war.

Trump wasn't impeached so we will never know. He could have easily had a temper tantrum.

I have plenty of grounds. Just because you think your opinion is a fact doesn't make it so.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Trump wasn't impeached so we will never know. He could have easily had a temper tantrum.

I have plenty of grounds. Just because you think your opinion is a fact doesn't make it so.

Wait so now Trump wasn't impeached? So he's not "impeached forever"? Who's incompetent now?

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Barr publicly told the President to shut up and stay the hell out of his way... The President basically said in effect "All ways are MY ways." And in this case the President is right. If Barr cannot accept the working conditions, and/or privately work out their differences, then BARR needs to resign.

I find it just amazing Republicans always put their party before country and Constitution. I doubt very much our founding fathers would be pleased with an Executive branch of government that allowed friends of the party to get away with breaking our laws while at the same time going after political rivals with fake charges having no evidence.

We are in banana republic territory now.

edit on 19-2-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join