It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment supporters are pushing back

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Probably, the FBI's UCR program is attempting to not be racist. I mean, a criminal is a criminal regardless of their race, so why would you separate them on racial grounds - unless you had a racist agenda.

Surely a Canadian caucasian who is an illegal immigrant and commits a crime is just as criminal an illegal immigrant as another criminal illegal immigrant. My point is that there is more crime 'American citizen to American citizen', ratio wise. All the studies show that.

The UCR’s primary motivation is make the politically connected cities not look like downtown Beirut. I can assure you; I used to file the reports for the agency I worked for. We’d get a call back about how they were going to file the numbers we reported—we weren’t categorizing them correctly.

The last time I looked at them really closely, 2012-2015, they had NO category for victims shooting in self defense. If it was justified, no crime was committed for them to tabulate; if the shooting wasn’t justified, then it was not self defense. They literally refused to track any use of a civilian firearm used to thwart crime.

Just like how the FBI was in support of black lives matter when it came to local police shooting civilians. But the FBI won’t publish how many shootings by FEDERAL law enforcement officers commit.

FBI and federal Marshalls also refuse to wear body cams. Ever.

Is that because they don’t want to be racist?

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Probably, the FBI's UCR program is attempting to not be racist. I mean, a criminal is a criminal regardless of their race, so why would you separate them on racial grounds - unless you had a racist agenda.

On the other hand, if reporting agencies gave you the data, facts of the crime, why would you hide it - unless you had a racist agenda.

Surely a Canadian caucasian who is an illegal immigrant and commits a crime is just as criminal an illegal immigrant as another criminal illegal immigrant. My point is that there is more crime 'American citizen to American citizen', ratio wise. All the studies show that.

That’s because they are the majority, ratio-wise. The bulk of illegals are not canadians; they are Hispanic. And that UCR shows Hispanics commit crimes about twice as much as whites do. So if illegals are magically no more crime prone than average US citizens, then illegals are less than half as criminal as legal Hispanics. Does that sound like a real statistic to you?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Oh, I know you didn't. sorry if it sounded like I thought you did.

It was a point of emphasis from my Dad, and Grand-dad. That's all.

Sorry, if it seemed I was saying anything else.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: RedmoonMWC
Shall not be infringed.
Anyone against it is anti-Constitutional.

The way I understand it, the Constitution is a flexible document that can certainly be changed if the country changes significantly enough to warrant it and enough people want to amend it. Does that make me a Commie? Smells more like sweet DEMOCRACY to me!

Anyway, good training doesn't hurt if we're going to keep those guns around. Although everybody is supposed to be trained how to drive a car and obey traffic laws, and yet we still kill or maim tens of thousands of people every year for the convenience of driving cars. So I suppose you gotta take into account the average intelligence and capabilities of the people using them. Either guns or cars.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Sure.

Hold a Constitutional Congress and eliminate the the 2nd Amendment.

But to ban it outright would be anti-Constitutional.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Oh, I know you didn't. sorry if it sounded like I thought you did.

It was a point of emphasis from my Dad, and Grand-dad. That's all.

Sorry, if it seemed I was saying anything else.

Nah, it's cool. I just wanted to clarify. The guys I hang out with are professional/responsible when it comes to weapons of all types. It just happens sometimes. Heck, I don't like when a gun is pointed at me sitting on a flat surface when no one is touching it. I know it's not going to magically shoot, but I'm just funny like that.

I used to do a lot of high stress drills on new service members, and it would happen occasionally that Seaman Timmy freaks out and either stares down the barrel of the pistol in his hand or swings it around to flash everyone. Even though I always had the situation under control it never failed to make my blood boil.

I totally understand where you're coming from though. I guess I'm just coming from a different background or set of experiences.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Sure.

Hold a Constitutional Congress and eliminate the the 2nd Amendment.

But to ban it outright would be anti-Constitutional.

What if old white men with billions of dollars influence politics in strategic states or locations to get the right anti-gun people put in charge? To where enough states can bring about a vote for a congressional ammendment?

I mean I'm no expert by any means with todays current ways of doing business, but Virginia has been an eye opener about what money can do.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

If that's the way it happens then so be it.

But, that's not the way some seem to want it to happen. Thus the conflict, and not a little anger.

Amend the Constitution?? Fine. But do it in the way the Founding Father intended it to be done. Not in smoke filled backrooms, or in the judges chambers.

Put it before the States and let the people decide.

posted on Feb, 22 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Heck, I don't like when a gun is pointed at me sitting on a flat surface when no one is touching it. I know it's not going to magically shoot, but I'm just funny like that.

🙂 Me, too.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RedmoonMWC

Goa is nothing compared to the nra in terms of clout and results, I support both but I would never deride the NRA at all, they have been at this for a century and a half and I frankly am sick of these beardbois trying to act like they are somehow superior for trashing them without actually doing anything themselves.

The fastest way to reduce crime is deport criminals and make any crime that hurts other people punishable by death until it stops being an issue like 3 seconds later.

edit on 23-2-2020 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Graysen

On the other hand, if reporting agencies gave you the data, facts of the crime, why would you hide it - unless you had a racist agenda.

That’s because they are the majority, ratio-wise. The bulk of illegals are not canadians; they are Hispanic. And that UCR shows Hispanics commit crimes about twice as much as whites do. So if illegals are magically no more crime prone than average US citizens, then illegals are less than half as criminal as legal Hispanics. Does that sound like a real statistic to you?

Hispanics are arrested and jailed more that Caucasian Canadians. However, by far, the majority of those incarcerated in US prisons are of African origin. They didn't come from down South.

posted on Feb, 29 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Hispanics are arrested and jailed more that Caucasian Canadians. However, by far, the majority of those incarcerated in US prisons are of African origin. They didn't come from down South.

US Blacks commit 60% of the murders, and they are 13% of the US population. That's from the UCR.

Are you saying they should get a free pass?
edit on 29-2-2020 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2020 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Graysen

US Blacks commit 60% of the murders, and they are 13% of the US population. That's from the UCR.

Are you saying they should get a free pass?

No, criminals are a serious problem to a just and fair society. But you don't address crime by ignoring it and placing the blame elsewhere.

So, is the threat to the lawful US citizens really coming across the Southern border?

Or is that just a politicized side issue, a scapegoating of the disadvantaged by those who are the privileged?

edit on 1/3/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join