It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Grants Clemency to Blagojevich, Milken and Kerik

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Didn’t he steal over a billion in people’s retirement funds?

a reply to: burdman30ott6

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: agentblue

$18billion is the estimated number he scammed in total.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: agentblue
Didn’t he steal over a billion in people’s retirement funds?

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Did he kill anyone? Did anyone die?

Who needs money or food?

White collar crime.

Rich white man be persecuted.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
As you can imagine, the Blagojevich commutation is big deal in Chicago TV news tonight.

But the local Democrat politicians...including the governor, are not happy about it.

I get the sense that Rod Blagojevich "cut a deal" to get released. He knows the "dirt" with a lot of Chicago politicians and business people...including that of community organizer turned U.S. Senator, Barack Obama.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

So, this adds what, like, 10k more imminent indictments against the Obama Admin?

lol

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

8 years is long enough...
By the way, Blag is a Democrat.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

What does partisan politics have to do with this?

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Blag is a corrupt older white dude. Trump loves corrupt old white dudes regardless of party. Especially if they have history and make poor decisions.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Probably because he knows that their charges are (wait for it..) Trumped up..🥁
edit on 19-2-2020 by DiddyC because: Can't spell

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

What about Bernie Madoff? What is he, chopped liver? C'mon Trump!

He's an 81 year old man who didn't molest, rape, kill, or burglarize anyone, burned down no private or public property, didn't piss on anyone's lawn, drive the speed limit, didn't drive drunk, didn't hit the crack pipe, did nothing that can even remotely be considered a violent or aggressive crime... and is sitting in federal prison on a 150 year sentence. As I said, the system is FUBARed.

Using drugs is worth we than ripping people off in your opinion? To the tune of billions I might add.

He stole... He might not have broke into someone's house to do it, but he stole their money just the same.

He used new investors to pay older ones and make them think they were getting a return.

How is this defendable?

Edit: I also find it confusing you implied if he hit a Crack pipe, this would be more justified (the sentence). Drug use (not sales) is far more of a victimless crime than stealing people's investments. BTW, coke is very prominent in Wall Street, basically the same thing.
edit on 19-2-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   
my favorite bipartisan topics are the ones where people go to jail.
It instantly reveals who is in it for themselves, instead of their party.

hint: you're supposed to be in it for yourself. you can't expect anyone else to be honest otherwise. the only thing that makes something political is a man standing over your shoulder telling you what common sense is.

and we all know all he knows # all nothing.
if the punishment is supposed to fit the crime, then death sounds appropriate for the left, and slavery for the right.
and the fools will still argue their demise is the greater of two roads to each other.

"Do you think you can be a Christian, AND a Trump Supporter?" - Fox News
It's these types of questions that spell the demise, not the answers.
the division is implied. it's pretty simple red, you INVENTED the democrats. the artifacts of your fake news being created are still there. the last time there was two parties, they were united in beating nazi ass, and it's been a bureaucratic monarchy ever since. if you really love democracy so much, then what you need is another #ing world war.
edit on 19-2-2020 by idiotseverywhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
As you can imagine, the Blagojevich commutation is big deal in Chicago TV news tonight.

But the local Democrat politicians...including the governor, are not happy about it.

I get the sense that Rod Blagojevich "cut a deal" to get released. He knows the "dirt" with a lot of Chicago politicians and business people...including that of community organizer turned U.S. Senator, Barack Obama.

Now that I think about it, it would certainly be interesting if Obama "bought" his senate seat in some way. Blago might well know something of interest to the DOJ.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

Blag is a corrupt older white dude. Trump loves corrupt old white dudes regardless of party. Especially if they have history and make poor decisions.

Or Trump just cut the democrats a break by releasing their new corrupt older white dude presidencial candidate for the dnc.

This just in from cnn : Blag qualified for the next dnc debate and is leading the trust worthy polls for the party.

82d chess right there.

edit on 08229America/ChicagoWed, 19 Feb 2020 07:08:01 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I'm sure Trump has some sort of agenda on why he did this. But, I do live in Kentucky where our last Governor A BUNCH OF POSs

Meh, I have no real opinion on this though. I've never heard of any of the guys that was released. Remember though, and nobody can deny, Trump has been a step ahead of the dems since day one, and you can't say he hasn't otherwise, with all the investigations, any normal (non democrat) person would have been in jail.

Found this on twitter btw....

Total Presidential pardons/sentence commutations:

Obama ... 1,927
Trump ..... 26
edit on 19-2-2020 by Tekaran because: Added a note

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
I'm sure Trump has some sort of agenda on why he did this.

I live in Illinois and remember the details of this pretty well.
His agenda is simple. He's going to pardon Stone and he thinks this will ease the backlash that will come from that because Blago is Dem.

If you think Blago has anything the DOJ doesn't already know or is holding on to some bombshell information you're not from Illinois and don't know the story. To make a long story short Rahm Emanuel was caught on tape as Obama's Chief of staff talking to Blago about who's going to get the seat. Damning evidence but the FBI lost the tapes of that conversation. Shocking I know.

This shouldn't be a partisan issue. Another elected official betrayed his oath of office. Besides the Senate seat he was withholding 8mil from a children's hospital until they agreed to hold a fundraiser for his campaign. A crooked Democrat released from prison by a crooked Republican.
Wake the hell up this system doesn't work for us. Keep going back and forth about which side is less corrupt that's what they want. By doing that we the people aren't holding the government as a whole accountable for bs like this

Blago tapes

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I don't get pardoning Blagojevich at all, though. Dude's a piece of crap who didn't deserve a pardon.

He wasn't pardoned, he was granted clemency.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Former Illinois governor Blagojevich is now a self-proclaimed "Trump-o-crat".

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: tanstaafl

Former Illinois governor Blagojevich is now a self-proclaimed "Trump-o-crat".

twitter.com...

Lol!

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

LOL...

He just said that his "freedom was stolen".

Lesson learned? Nope!

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Blago totally deserved to go to prison, but.... armed robbers often don't spend 8 years in prison. His 14-year sentence was definitely excessive.

Is it?

Personally, I think "public trust" positions like LEOs and elected officials should be held to a higher standard, thus betraying the public trust should carry increased penalties for those who abuse that power.

Make it as unattractive as possible in order to hinder human temptations to abuse such power and public trust.

Unfortunately we have a President who thinks "white collar" crimes aren't "real crimes". Quite ironic since the vast majority of swampiness in D.C. is "white collar" crime.
edit on 2/19/20 by redmage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join