It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Grants Clemency to Blagojevich, Milken and Kerik

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I just wonder how all this plays into The Snow White Theories 😊

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Not victimless, no, but I guess it largely comes down to whether prison is intended for punishment or rehabilitation purposes. Some crimes, clearly, are beyond rehabilitation but I don't see fraud or insider trading even remotely climbing to that level. Which brings us to a difficult question... is there any point in imprisoning someone in their 70s or 80s for a non-violent crime that essentially was more of a middle finger to the system than a directed victimization of any individual citizen? Personally, I don't see the point in it. Take their money from them, give them sentences of public service working with average citizens to develop retirement investing strategies and such, gratis, of course, and leave it at that.

Same for Roger Stone. Roger Stone absolutely is a political prisoner. He did not break a common law law, he broke a "we're in the government so we will make sure you kiss our ass" law and told Discount Robert Stack to shove his little witch hunt... he tugged on Superman's cape, which shouldn't be illegal first off and sure as hell shouldn't involve throwing a 70 year old man in the slam. I feel that way about most of the crimes that have ultimately packed our prisons with people who shouldn't be in jail while we allow small time thugs and victimizers to walk free to squelch "prison overcrowding." Interesting you never see someone charged with contempt of court given a pass... oh no, judge's widdle egos are much too fragile to allow that offense to go, same for squaring up with a cop, but we have plenty of asshats walking the street with 2, 3, 4+ home invasions, rapes, child assaults, etc allegedly waiting for their full trials but in reality just waiting to be arrested for their next thug life act which they'll be out on parole the next day for as well.

The system is broken. It isn't the swamp in this case, it's the whole goddamned country.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I don’t like it. But I think he did it to remind Pelosi and Comey that he does have the power, and is still ahead of the Executive Branch.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I just wonder how all this plays into The Snow White Theories 😊

What? Is Bloomberg trying to find 6 more dwarves to go after the president with?

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I think Trump also did this to contrast that he can be sympathetic vs Pelosi’s authoritative party line Trump Derangement Syndrome.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Well that does it for me.

I'm voting for Bernie The Communist or Hillary or that Tiny racist guy.

I just can't see myself voting for someone with whom I disagree with on a point.

Where do I start burning the American flag?

Oh and do I start knocking down statues now?

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Not victimless, no, but I guess it largely comes down to whether prison is intended for punishment or rehabilitation purposes. Some crimes, clearly, are beyond rehabilitation but I don't see fraud or insider trading even remotely climbing to that level. Which brings us to a difficult question... is there any point in imprisoning someone in their 70s or 80s for a non-violent crime that essentially was more of a middle finger to the system than a directed victimization of any individual citizen? Personally, I don't see the point in it. Take their money from them, give them sentences of public service working with average citizens to develop retirement investing strategies and such, gratis, of course, and leave it at that.

I actually be opposed to something along those lines instead of prison. But I don't see them as such innocent crimes. We saw what happened when a bunch of men justified their actions by saying they were just screwing the system... Well, a lot of people worked every day in honest lives just to have comfort in retirement. And these guys playing the system brought that house of cards down... We never fixed it by the way.

As for Roger Stone, he doesn't bother me as much... Just an arrogant man who didn't mind playing outside the lines. He doesn't strike me as some big criminal.

But the crux of my issue with all of this is we all know the system is inherently flawed... Maybe even some of these examples victim of it. But rather than try and address root problems of it, someone pisses on the fire while acting like they're putting it out.

There's two systems, one for the normal people... And one for people who know people. The former can lose it all, the latter may get inconvenienced.

I don't see how it can be sugar coated. And I'm not going to act like Trump is the worse part of it. Most of those in power help out their boys.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Trump still isn't the worst president of my life... He'd have a long way to go, that's the only high bar in politics, who's worse.

But I'll still call a BS move just that.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I also find it odd that a conspiracy site forgot the details that landed Blagojevich in jail.

Illinois Governor Charged in Scheme to Sell Obama’s Seat
www.nytimes.com...

Funny how that name Obama is tied to Blagojevich and pay to play.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: DBCowboy

Trump still isn't the worst president of my life... He'd have a long way to go, that's the only high bar in politics, who's worse.

But I'll still call a BS move just that.

Sure.

*shrugs*

Only blind followers, ideologues, believe 100% what their leaders do and say.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

What about Bernie Madoff? What is he, chopped liver? C'mon Trump!

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The problem also is that you've got a squabbling match between two different sides of "those in power" and these high profile but ultimately small time "criminals" get caught in the middle as pawns and scape goats, at which time they end up being sent to prison. Milken didn't prey on the little guys, he preyed on savings & loans that had allowed their lending practices to become far, far too lax and turned to junk bonds as a last ditch effort to save their asses. Kerik was in jail for tax fraud, which shouldn't even be a crime as far as I'm concerned. The government's claim to private earnings is codified legal theft, nothing more.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Manson might be next, posthumously. After all, he had a very close-knit family. The religious right love close, familial bonds.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

He's an 81 year old man who didn't molest, rape, kill, or burglarize anyone, burned down no private or public property, didn't piss on anyone's lawn, drive the speed limit, didn't drive drunk, didn't hit the crack pipe, did nothing that can even remotely be considered a violent or aggressive crime... and is sitting in federal prison on a 150 year sentence. As I said, the system is FUBARed.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

He also was directly responsible for rapes and deaths, genius.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

He's an 81 year old man who didn't molest, rape, kill, or burglarize anyone, burned down no private or public property, didn't piss on anyone's lawn, drive the speed limit, didn't drive drunk, didn't hit the crack pipe, did nothing that can even remotely be considered a violent or aggressive crime... and is sitting in federal prison on a 150 year sentence. As I said, the system is FUBARed.

Madoff is non-violent, but he did hurt people.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The problem also is that you've got a squabbling match between two different sides of "those in power" and these high profile but ultimately small time "criminals"

What's the difference? Those guys are paying the others.

Milken didn't prey on the little guys, he preyed on savings & loans that had allowed their lending practices to become far, far too lax and turned to junk bonds as a last ditch effort to save their asses.

Except those who paid for it weren't the people at the top... They still got bonuses.

I have no problem with wealth or extreme wealth... I have a problem when they get to do whatever they want.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Trump hurt people's feelings.

And as we all know, feelings trump laws.

So Trump should be in jail because he made people sad.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Liquesence

He also was directly responsible for rapes and deaths, genius.

It was a joke, genius.

But not like rape or sexual assault mean anything to Trump.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join