It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dream awry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I keep having dreams about being pregnant/having a baby.....
Traditionally, it means that you are carrying a new creative idea or some sort of potential (or even something that you ned to get off your chest) that you are either in the process of making work or you need to get to make work and out there.

The problem with this, for me, is that it may have more to do with another problem......it's highly unlikely that I'll ever have kids. Most the time I don't even think about it...but sometimes I can't forget, and my whole day is bad after that. So, every time I wake up, realize that I don't ave a kid, I grieve.

Oh, and most the time when the kid is born, I come in about 2-6 months in, and my kid rarely recognises me for the first few moments we are together...it's so disorienting...

I've been having some variation on this dream since I was 15 (now 23). I don't want it anymore.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Trust me, having children is not all it's cracked up to be. I myself can only stand taking care of my neoce or nephew for 24 hours before I start feeling the nmeed to pull my hair out and bang my head against a wall, and they're 5 years of age and older.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Maybe you could volunteer to be a mentor to a child at one of the local schools? Or join a big sister (or big brother) program?
Even if you never have kids but really love them, you could still help make an impact on kids that are already here in the world.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I raised my youngest brother. He's 12....I was 11 when he was born. If just needing a surrogate child was all I wanted, I wouldn't be upset. He is MINE, and only in the past 2-3 years has he started to learn to treat me as his sister and not his mother. The dreams and the grief started much earlier than our change in relationship, too. In fact, the sadness started when I fould out that it's going to be difficult to have kids.....some 8 years ago...and it gets harder to deal with every year.

And I also teach 8 year ods from hell for a bible class (they don't listen at all). I still want a baby......

[edit on 10-3-2005 by jlc163]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I have a friend who tried for years to get pregnant and went through all sorts of things trying. It did'nt make her feel any better that she had four sisters and 9 nieces and nephews or that she worked a daycare facility. She had endomentriosis and had to have one ovary taken out. She had a lot of problems. It did'nt look like she would ever have a baby. The doctors gave her very little chance of getting pregnant.

Finally they did invitro fertilization. They had to mortgage their house to pay for everything but she had a miscarriage soon after that. She went through a while of grieving.

Then they tried it again, it took and she's had no problems so far.
Her baby is due soon. I went to the baby shower last month.

But before she did all this, in the years I knew her, she sounded alot like you when she talked about wanting a child.

I know this story is'nt helping with your dream but I thought it might comfort you to know that there are others out there in your situation.

My friend went through a heck of alot to make her dream come true.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Maybe it's something that's actually missing in your life and not actually becoming pregnant or wanting a baby that is the issue at hand.
Being around other people's children doesn't come close in comparision to having your own. My neice and nephews drive me nuts to this day but I absolutely adore being with my own child. Maybe others don't like being around my kid. Who knows it's just different when they actually belong to you.
Off topic but my point was that maybe the grieving is for something you are wanting to attain or missing and the baby in the dream is a byproduct of something else.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
still doesn't explain why I can't get my kid to recognise me right off the bat when it's most obviously old enough to recognise it's mum. *sigh* I had such a crappy morning, lol...

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
You may get more insight if you try posting this in the dreams and personal predictions forum at BTS. All I can say, is dreams have more to do with the feelings you experience in them than they do the imagery. So you should ask yourself what you felt as you were dreaming, and hold on to the feeling/emotion/thought and let go of the rest. (how do you feel when you are pregnant? how do you feel when the baby doesn't recognize you? how do these feelings relate to your life? etc etc etc) You just may find the clues you need.

Anyway baby dreams can mean a number of things.... the subconscious is filled with words, thoughts, images, associations, storylines, fears, hopes, feelings, ideas, symbols, etc and the images they form can be very random. There are endless possibilities as to why people have the dreams they have, and what repeat dreams are trying to get through to you. Pay closs attention to the atmosphere, and moods and how those paralell the feelings in your waking life. Only you can truly know what goes on in your head.

Dreams are often a way of answering a question that has no answer in your consciousness, so the key can be within the perspectives and emotions you experience.....

Confronting the dream (which is what you are doing by exploring its meaning) is a way of making it go away. You need to get the message of it, and not many others can help you understand what that is.

I wonder if you decided to post this in this forum because you were wondering if a long time reccurring dream could be indicitave of a past life or spirit message. I still would recommend you explore the feelings of this dream, head on to know its significance. If it keeps up maybe talking to a good therapist can aid you in understanding/solving the dream and the thing that is causing it.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Medical advances have come so far these days. Very few things really limit the ability to have a child. There are some that totally prevent it, but not many.

I used to have those same dreams and it was not easy for my to get pregnant and have kids. I have 5 year old twins and life worked the way it was supposed to. If you are only 23 don't let it rule your life and emotions now. Wait until it is an actual issue.

And when you have your own kids, it is all it is cracked up to be. It isn't the same as watching someone elses. I am not a huge fan of other people's kids. I love my nieces and nephews, but my own children are in a league by themselves

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   
lol.... it comes with no emotions in the dreams. No happyness, no dread, just an oh, I have a kid......oh, it doesn't recognise me.....oh, I forgot it on top of the car....gee, this kid is cute.....My dreams often lack emotions, the opposite of me awake. I go through nightmare like, gee, this should scareme, somewhere in the back of my head. Mkes me wonder if I'm wired right.

As for the kid, I'm not going to jump through hoops to have them. I'm not going to stress out myself or a spouse just to get pregnant. I've seen what that does, and if what I have to go through to get a child is oo expensive or drastic, I'll just live with the huge hole rent in my heart. Simple enough...I'll eventually get over it.

top topics

join