It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Deploying Border Patrol Tactical Units to Sanctuary Cities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
www.dailysignal.com... n=im-truly-concerned-sheriff-speaks-out-against-new-yorks-anti-ice-law&fbclid=IwAR2KoWhFWpnqPP8fIfDR9uzIRzUlgSnRg_9RZYreRPEQuOLe-eO_lc78jAk

BORTAC officers—considered the SWAT team of the Border Patrol—are specially trained for high-risk operations and typically execute operations against violent targets.

BORTAC isn’t the only special unit being deployed across the country. In total, 50 Border Patrol agents and 50 Office of Field Operations officers are part of Customs and Border Protection’s deployment. These 100 individuals come from a slate of different areas within CBP, not just BORTAC.
I don't know if The Daily Signal is a reputable site, but one can dream, right? To think the law might actually be enforced is okay in my book.

TextThe Trump administration is deploying an elite unit of the Border Patrol, including 100 Customs and Border Protection officers, to assist Immigration and Customs Enforcement apprehend illegal aliens in sanctuary cities.

Members of the Border Patrol Tactical Unit (BORTAC) will be helping ICE officers arrest illegal aliens living at large in sanctuary cities, a spokesman for Customs and Border Protection, Lawrence Payne, confirmed to The Daily Caller News Foundation on Saturday.

www.dailysignal.com... pPek21ZJFy-uAvlPIV8TSQ5PRyjMdOX4evjXHU

I understand people having compassion for illegal immigrants, but I don't understand that as justification for breaking the law. Democrats are against curbing illegal immigration and campaign on it, then they're for it when we get a republican president. The back-and-forth has gone on for so many years, yet nobody wants work on any kind of reform.
If you don't like a law, you work to change it- not decide to completely ignore it.

I can't help but think if we quit voting for career politicians it would make a huge difference, but most citizens who would put people and the constitution first could never compete with the millions of dollars the oligarchs spend to keep their power over us.

Sheriff Ernest Cutting Jr. of Chenango County, New York, spoke exclusively with The Daily Caller News Foundation about the state’s new “Green Light Law,” which prohibits DMVs from sharing information with federal immigration authorities.
Signed by Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo late in 2019, the Green Light Law prevents DMVs across the state from sharing information with Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Customs and Border Protection. This restriction prevents the federal government from knowing whether someone has a DUI or aggravated driving record when they apply for a Trusted Traveler Program.

Things are moving so rapidly if so many states that it's hard to keep up. New York and Virginia have really gone bonkers! A lot of other states are under attack , trying to change the face of America. I, for one, don't want to see the day it's legal to crap on the sidewalks in my town, or become a 'Welcoming City' catering to a populous of criminals. (That's what people who break the law are called in America.
)
I think the idea of 'Welcoming Cities' are okay-as long as they are welcoming people who come here legally. If politicians think we should increase the number of annual immigrants, there are legal channels they can do that with.
I'm glad to see law inforcemant doing their job. Thank you, President Trump.
edit on 200000044America/Chicago291 by nugget1 because: correction

edit on Tue Feb 18 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix BBCode

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I am a fan of legal immigration, but I don’t want to live with people who’s first act is disregarding the laws of our nation. I don’t understand why anyone would accept the illegal invaders when we should have a merit based and legal immigration system.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I would have thought that a single BORTAC unit supporting a special ICE campaign is a no-brainer.

It definitely is how you'd manage policing resources, where they are most likely to be needed if things go wrong in an arrest.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I am a fan of legal immigration, but I don’t want to live with people who’s first act is disregarding the laws of our nation. I don’t understand why anyone would accept the illegal invaders when we should have a merit based and legal immigration system.

Agreed. As a third generation German-Italian I wouldn't be here if my paternal forebears didn't come here the hard way. The men in my family paid their dues and worked hard to allow my family the benefit of living here, and I would hate to discredit my family by behaving the way a lot of illegal immigrants here are behaving. If my grandparents were alive they would be royally pissed about today's politicians and people in general.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
What happened to the other BORTAC thread?

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Right here my friend

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If the President was anti-immigration he could have cut immigration numbers to zero

He didn’t

The administration is Combating illegal immigration because the administration is pro-immigration. America needs immigration but it needs to occur within the parameters of the existing laws. Like in every country on earth.

I hope ICE and BORTAC do a great job
edit on 18 2 2020 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

It definitely is how you'd manage policing resources, where they are most likely to be needed if things go wrong in an arrest.
a reply to: chr0naut

It's my fear that things could go very wrong. The rioting after the last election was unbelievable, and Pelosi seems to be going out of her way to get the party in a heightened frenzy of righteousness.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Another campaign promise kept by Trump? I think Trump has kept more promises than any other President than I can remember.
edit on 18-2-2020 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: carewemust

Right here my friend

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank-you! I thought ATS had removed it, and this was the replacement.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I think legal immigration is fine, but we must have the people coming to live in this country checked out, illegal immigration should not be allowed. Illegals should be sent back, if they want to come back in, apply for immigration.

We should reduce the fees for immigrants though. There are some good people that would obey the law, coming in here legally means they obey that law, and it should not be that expensive for these people to go through citizenship proceedings. The lawyers charge way too much to handle the cases, our government should have lawyers to help to reduce costs to these people, and one lawyer can oversee ten people in doing all of this paperwork, they do not need one lawyer for one person with high legal fees.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Another campaign promise kept by Trump? I think Trump has kept more promises than any other President than I can remember.

Yes, but at what cost? The Democrats already have plans of changing and amending laws that will limit the authority our Commander in Chief has.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I'm so sorry Trueman! I looked and didn't find a thread!

Mods, please delete this thread.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Yes, but at what cost? The Democrats already have plans of changing and amending laws that will limit the authority our Commander in Chief has.

Which will go to Supreme Court if they change and amend laws that get a veto-proof majority in the House and Senate which isn't politically possible right now...

Democrats are not attempting changes with any hope that the changes will actually be enacted.

All they are doing is attempting to influence the 2020 Presidential election.

Which, it appears, is only allowed if you are not a Republican.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Majority of immigrants three, two, even one generation ago came illegally and were just thrown citizenship fresh off the boat to basically just vote.

Boston was a city built on illegal immigration, same as New York.

My grandfather was just shipped off to New York to meet an uncle, and landed in Halifax instead, guess they thought too many Italians were landing and diverted them to other ports.

Now days is a bit different tho obviously.
edit on 18-2-2020 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Trueman
I'm so sorry Trueman! I looked and didn't find a thread!
Mods, please delete this thread.

Sorry for what ?

As far as it brings more light, I'm happy to be in your thread too

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1
My grandparents and my father and his siblings came from Austria, they had to be sponsored by a family and had to work on a farm and then my grandfather saved his money and bought his own farm and worked it every day.
They came for the American dream and they did it the right way.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

That is why he is doing it now.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
If the President was anti-immigration he could have cut immigration numbers to zero

He didn’t

The administration is Combating illegal immigration because the administration is pro-immigration. America needs immigration but it needs to occur within the parameters of the existing laws. Like in every country on earth.

I hope ICE and BORTAC do a great job

He did actually cut legal immigration numbers.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Monetize immigration. Make it so it isn't such a loss for the country.

I thought he was a businessman.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join