It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F35 Supersonic?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

The majority of the F-35s are in the US. Based on current basing and operational areas that means the most likely locations for non official videos, the Marietta- Knoxville- Huntsville corridor, NTTR, and the West Coast corridor. The first is out, because both bases that would use it are on either the east coast, or Gulf Coast. It makes more sense for them to go out over the water.

The other two are so remote, that you're going to get a small speck and a sonic boom, or a contrail and a sonic boom. That leaves official videos. You're either going to get one from a chase plane, with no sonic boom, so no real proof, or a range camera, again, with no sound so no sonic boom.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks Zaph, for providing a substantial answer about the scarcity of comprehensible accounts.

Edit.
edit on 18-2-2020 by EartOccupant because: The paint did not stick.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Here is a video with a 750mph lift at sea level link

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I know I'll regret getting in on this but...
Much of F-35 supersonic testing and training happens over the ocean and in the R-2508 supersonic corridor on the Edwards AFB range, (412th Test Wing). Due to noise pollution supersonic activity is prohibited below 30k ft. which is why there are no low pass photos, vids or other accounts. That said, 58% of the over land flight tests for the F-35 are held around 30k ft. generally meaning supersonic flight tests.

Here is a written account of supersonic flight in an F-35A:

Network of ranges instrumental to flight test
www.afmc.af.mil...
By Laura Mowry, Staff Writer / Published February 06, 2013

"For example, many data points require supersonic flight. The High Altitude Supersonic Corridor in the R-2508 Airspace is only 240 miles long. At 1.7 Mach, that's still pretty cramped; so we use the sea test range instead. Right now, there is a lot of this testing going on with the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter,"
Doyle Janzen
412th Range Squadron director

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

If you're talking about the pictures of the plane with the cloud around them, they aren't supersonic. That happens in the transonic region, when there's a lot of moisture in the air. I've seen B-2s and P-3s with that happening.

Dayton International Airshow, 1991. It was a BUFF doing a high speed pass and it looked like a 500mph cumulonimbus cloud flying by!

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Flipper35

There was a pic of a B-2 over Florida during range testing at Eglin that had people losing their mind and claiming it was proof they're supersonic.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I wonder how fun it would be to ride in a B-2 going supersonic.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Masisoar

It would be awesome, right up until the nose buried itself and it went tumbling.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   

The F-35 is supersonic for sure, I read it was tested at mach 1.67 and surely it can fly 1.7/8 just a problem of coating , surely if you don't care of the coating it is possible to push it near mach 2. the F-135 is like a rocket engine some pilots said.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Any other aircraft you have proof of them going supersonic to ease your mind? Was the cockpit speed o meter in the Concord proof?

Just asking, if you can tell us what will ease those random conspiracy needs you crave we can provide?

What do you need, a video and a boom? Or will that be fake?

A cop with a speed gun?

What will satisfy your trolling itch?

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   
this thread makes zero sense - and thats the pilite version

the OPs entire " argument " - is argument from incredulity - which is a piss poor approach

hear [ UK ] there is no permitted peactime // training supersonic flight permitted over land

i has ovly ever seen one aircraft in supersonic flight - an RAF phantom [ showing my age ] on exercise over the atlantic [ ranges off cape wrath scotland ] - i know that a very limited number of ranges [ over land ] in canada permit M1.0+ ecersises - so i assume the US has some too

but hey - not everyting that happens is jizzed over the internet - remember that

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
You are right waste of time with this subject.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join