It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F35 Supersonic?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I wish you hadn't have done this, but you've stumbled on to one of the great secrets of this program. You see, despite decades of criticism and the highest level of scrutiny in the government(s) and international press, the biggest scandal of all has not yet been made public.

The F-35 is not only subsonic, but it's real top speed is only 500 mph -- that's only 50 mph faster than a P-51!

The giant "engine" on the back is just for show. The F-35 is really powered by the much cheaper and lighter "Integrated Power Pack" used to keep the program's cost overruns from entering a death spiral leading to cancellation.

If you know what to look for, you can see the IPP on any photo. Here's some examples:

Here is a picture from Red Flag two weeks ago showing an F-35 struggling to gain advantage and firing position on an Agressor Squadron P-51:

Why are we spending millions on a plane that can be caught by a P-51 in a dive?

Star and Flag! Call your representatives immediately! Stop this atrocity!

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
The Silence is deafening.

" Where the experts hide, and the ignorant speak "
ATS 2020

You started this 2 hours ago. Calm yourself. People don't sit around waiting for you to start threads so they can debunk your senseless theories.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Hilarious post.

If there's one thing I know from my time in the service, it's that there's no way those fighter jocks could keep something like the F35 not being able to go supersonic a secret.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Funny pic with the P51 !
Nice presentation also.

But now we are out of the looping, sarcasm, and paYtriotism.
Are there any decent reports of the non secret, at least 14 year old F35 breaking and sustaining above mach one in flight?

edit on 18-2-2020 by EartOccupant because: Tu

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Mea Culpa, about calming myself. I have a habit of getting worked up in thoughts.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

But now we out of the looping, sarcasm, and paYtriotism.

I'm not sure I like your patronizing tone. Do you have any evidence that the F-35 is substantially faster than a P-51?

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

500 feet, 500 knots

And no tone intended, it is actually an honest question i asked myself today, and upon googling, i got a strange feeling due lack of answers, visual proof and lack of discussion.. it could be a touchy subject.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Here's an account of a pilot talking about going supersonic in the F35.
Link

All three variants have the same specified top speed—Mach 1.6. Because they’re slightly different airplanes, some may get to it a little faster than others. Obviously, with the big wing on the F-35C, you’ve got to drive that a little bit harder to get to 1.6.

[When you cross the Mach threshold], you can notice it only if you’re paying attention to it. There is a little bit of a shudder, or vibration. If you were distracted or busy with something else, you might miss it.

I mean, he could be making it up though. Maybe none of them have even flown. Have you seen one get off the ground in person?

I was in the Air Force for 13 years. I never saw an F-35. I doubt the jet even exists.
edit on 18 2 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

And? Do you think that the people buying it don't have access to far more than the average person?

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

500 feet, 500 knots

How did you determine the speed exactly?

P-51, 600 ktss

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   

No evidence yes... I've never seen it doing it. But it is able to do it. I'm convinced there is a picture out there somewhere.

We should be asking... who heard it?

edit on 18-2-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2020 by Bigburgh because: What went boom?

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Actually... I live near Volkel Airbase and it's kind of hard to miss it

The public road is about 50 meters alongside the runway.
Try to keep your eyes on the road when you see this:

edit on 18-2-2020 by EartOccupant because: Jet Blast

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Yes, because those that might kuow have nothing better to do then sit on ATS answering your every post as soon as it's posted.

Using your logic no plane can go anywhere near its posted top speed because there's no video of it.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Here's another pilot talking about going supersonic in the F-35.

Link

Of course, since you didn't ride with him, this doesn't prove anything.

I really don't understand what you hope to achieve here. Even if someone posted video, you could just say the sonic boom was added to a video of the plane flying subsonic. The only way you will know for absolute certain that the plane can go supersonic is if you fly one. And even then, someone could've tampered with the instruments.

I mean honestly, all these countries that are paying billions to procure them are just gonna sit quiet that it doesn't perform as advertised? None of the pilots are gonna speak out? No offense but that's awfully naive of you.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Actually... I live near Volkel Airbase and it's kind of hard to miss it

The public road is about 50 meters alongside the runway.
Try to keep your eyes omn the road when you see this:

Well, I don't believe you. Your video could be doctored. I've never seen one, so the plane doesn't exist.

See how silly this is?

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hey guys, don't get me wrong.

I love the plane! Think it's a awesome machine. looking better every time is see it.
I just was genuinely surprised about the lack of information, visualization about the supersonic angle.

We should be able to discuss this?

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Hey guys, don't get me wrong.

I love the plane! Think it's a awesome machine. looking better every time is see it.
I just was genuinely surprised about the lack of information, visualization about the supersonic angle.

We should be able to discuss this?

No one's telling you not to post, we just wish you'd listen to reason.

Also:

The Silence is deafening.

" Where the experts hide, and the ignorant speak "
ATS 2020

was basically calling everyone who has responded to you "ignorant." So yeah, after 2 pages of explaining the same thing to you 50 different ways and you calling us dummies, we might lose a little patience.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I get you, and yes, i got a little attitude in there, but in my defense , it was an honest question, i actually was surprised there was not a YouTube about a F35 breaking sound-barrier.

I will not questio it again.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
< Still not sure if it was a SAM, Sidewinder or a ME 163, but this topic rocketed out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join