It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who gets credit for the economy Trump or Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Grambler

a reply to: JAGStorm

I have this theory what drives the economy is workers making good wages.

So your against illegal immigration driving down wages?

Couldnt agree more!

Just like you I'm all for putting employers who are convicted of hiring illegal workers in jail for a 25 year minimum sentence.

That sentence may be too high.

But believe it not, I absolutely agree with you.

In fact its one of the things i criticize trump about.

I agree with the wall, but perhaps more importantly is chargibg the employers knowingly violating our laws by hiring illegals (knowingly obviously)

Until Trump and the republicans do something about that, the problem will continue.

I know we may be having fun back and forth here, but you are absolutely correct in this point!

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
When Trump was elected, the "experts," left-wing pundits and politicians predicted the economy would do poorly under him. There was no "Obama's economy is strong and will continue to do well under Trump." They exclusively claimed the future of the economy would be affected by Trump, not Obama.

Obviously it would follow that the fact the economy is doing well is because of Trump. They backed themselves into a corner and they're just hoping we all forgot they said that.

The dishonesty and arrogance is staggering. And guess what, it's gonna cost you votes in November, so keep it up dummies.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
"After I leave office, you will see gains in the economy, and lower unemployment" - Obama

Oh wait, he never said that. Actually, he said the opposite. I feel if they really had a hand in the growth during the following administration, they would have said this BEFORE, they leave office.

It's all on Trump baby!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

a reply to: proximo

Spending needs to be cut, or revenues raised.

Im not for higher taxes, so.....

Look if you think the deficit spending is fine, so be it.

But when a democrat wins and blows out the deficit on their projects they claim will help the economy, you really have no right to complain.

No - I would prefer not to have deficit spending.

I'm just tired of people acting like we even have much of a choice.

If you know how to balance the budget immediately, tell me - because I can't figure it out.

I can find maybe 5 - 600 billion in cuts - but people are going to be pissed - and that still isn't enough.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

What programs has he not cut that you want him to? From what I have read in 2020 he is trying to reduce trillions in spending. All of the cuts are ones that were already rejected by the House previously.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

The only way to do it would be to stop government from doing things government doesn't need to be doing. But you're right, that isn't happening. We've created a gigantic culture of dependence. You can't easily change that.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

What programs has he not cut that you want him to? From what I have read in 2020 he is trying to reduce trillions in spending. All of the cuts are ones that were already rejected by the House previously.

Clearly he isnt in total control of the bidget. This means trump shouldnt get total blame for the deficit spending.

But should he then get total credit for the good stuff in the economy?

There is loads to cut.

Go read Rand Pauls festivus tweets to see hundreds of millions of dollars on things such as lobster for government employees, money to universities (it should all be cut as they are merely left wing propagandists)

We spend billions on worthless corrupt intel agencies, that could be cut.

We spend billions on entitlements such as welfare where many people are abusing the system.

We spend billions on disastrous foreign regime change wars and overseas bases we dont need.

We cant have it both ways.

If people want all of these programs, then we need to raise taxes

If people want taxes lowered, then we need to cut programs

Its that simple. Deficit spending will lead to a bubble that will burst

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Neither.

Both men were handed a loaded deck.

Loaded by those that ACTUALLY make the policies enacted by whomever sits in office.

In this day and age it's hard to believe that people still believe ONE PERSON is responsible for our fiscal woes...

🙄smh.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
The turning point was around 2011.

Stock market:

Median household income:

Jobs:

Black unemployment:

You scrunched the top and stretched the bottom of the first economic graph in a miserable attempt at skewing the results....I don't bother looking at the rest of your garbage after seeing that.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

that's a conspiracy theory

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Neither.

Both men were handed a loaded deck.
Loaded by those that ACTUALLY make the policies enacted by whomever sits in office.
In this day and age it's hard to believe that people still believe ONE PERSON is responsible for our fiscal woes...

🙄smh.

C'mon, we know it isn't one person, but that one person is the voice of the people, and especially of their party.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Correct. I understand that. My point is that I feel it is not Trump who is not trying to cut the budget. It is the House and the Senate which lead us to shutdowns.

There has not been a full US budget since 07.

How does he fix that is my wonder and the only way is to shutdown the government and threaten the House but that affects us as citizens.

The House chamber is destroying our country from both parties going back decades.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Raise taxes back to Bill Clinton levels when we have budget surplus. Problem solved.

You mean when clinton begrudgingly agreed to the GOP's balanced budget plan?

He also enjoyed the dot com bubble which burst so I wouldn't be bragging ole bill to much..

link   
Duh. Obama.

link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Correct. I understand that. My point is that I feel it is not Trump who is not trying to cut the budget. It is the House and the Senate which lead us to shutdowns.

There has not been a full US budget since 07.

How does he fix that is my wonder and the only way is to shutdown the government and threaten the House but that affects us as citizens.

The House chamber is destroying our country from both parties going back decades.

It doesn't affect us as much as you'd think. Critical parts of the government remain open during a "shutdown." Some people are impacted for sure, but it's not the disaster the media makes it sound like. Once he gets re-elected, he should veto the first budget they send him and not budge until they balance it. I don't care how long it has to stay shut down.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
markets.businessinsider.com...

"Did you hear the latest con job? President Obama is now trying to take credit for the Economic Boom taking place under the Trump Administration," Trump tweeted.

It's funny the older you get the more you see this.
I'm not going to say who I think get's the credit but I like to hear from members here and why.

For those that say no president gets a fresh start, remember you can't pick and choose.
If that is the case it goes both ways.

OP you're funny...asking the political mud pit what they think...lol...you will only get a desperate response that Obama is Al-Queda in hopes that an ATS thread goes viral and not only gets picked up by Fox News but the whole world will miraculously go extreme far right after reading the forum.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Not saying shutdowns are bad.

In my opinion Trump should shut it all down until they come up with fiscal responsibility again.

The last time Congress passed a complete budget was 1996. Since then it has been nothing but large appropriation bills and continuing resolutions. in the past the parties would use the 'threat' of shut down to scare the # out to the public.

I wish I could have told my mortgage company for the last 20 years to f off....that is what Congress and past president have done. When Trump shut down the government I have never seen the media so crazy....they play the heart strings saying welfare checks won't be coming.

Shut it all down.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Under 8 Years of a Obama Presidency , I Lost my Home to Foreclosure due to Lack of Work in my Field . In the Last 2 Years I have Recovered from that and Now back on Track Financially . Thank You President Trump .....
edit on 18-2-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Trump gets the credit for the bubble he's created just as he'll own the criticism when that bubble bursts.

Honestly this is a more fair assessment

I dont like trumps deficit spending. It will come home to roost.

But its ridiculous for obama to take credit for the current good numbers of he isnt also going to take credit if it downturns

same would be true of trump

I believe he is asking for $400b in reduced spending.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I have this theory what drives the economy is workers making good wages.

Good thing wages are at an all time high under Trump with the bottom 40% seeing the largest wage growth. So you think trump is doing an amazing job, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join