It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio University mobs conservative, police approve of the mob. DEFUND ALL OF THESE UNIVERSITIES!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I think perhaps you should have paid more attention to the poster you were agreeing with

here is what he siad

You really need to calm down because you are acting just like those you are abusing, making you no better than them.

So i am no better than this mob?

Sure we all have things we regard as priorities. I think huge amounts of tax dollars goung to institutions that cheer on and defend this sort of mob violence is a huge problem. I think years of indoctrination at universities leading to these sorts of mobs is a huge problem.

You dont

Fine

You probably get passionate about the things you think are a priority.

I would never tell you that you are just as bad as the people committing whatever injustice you are passionate about just because you are angry.

And I certainly wouldnt agree with someone who did suggest that of you, regardless of my intent to joke.

This self righteous people who proclaim we all must never get angry about anything and remain totally stoic are wrong, and I will call them out.

Agreed. What a ridiculously stupid thing that poster said. And equally ridiculous that you are even having to defend yourself. I can't believe how people have lost all forms of common sense. It's crazy.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Was it Winston Churchill who said ‘the fascists of the future will call themselves anti fascists’?

“Think how we think, or we’ll attack you”

In November, violent mobs of moronic, media-fed, low iq ‘academics’ are going to lose their minds and riot like it’s 1992

And they’ll be defended, here on ATS, by moronic, media-fed, low iq ‘academics’

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I often say the first thing that comes into my mind.
As a result there are times when the only reason I open mouth is to swap feet!

I really don't buy into all this hyper sensitivity bollocks.
Yes, sometimes I deliberately say insulting things....that's because I think some people deserve insulting at times.
I'll never apologise for that.
I'm very much a product of my time.....and I have thick skin and at the end of the day they are but words.

But there are some lines that should never be crossed.

edit on 18/2/20 by Freeborn because: spelling

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I didnt personally take it as a slight from you.

But I didnt get you were just joking with that poster.

I do think this is a big issue though. Although this isnt the same, did you see the guy try to run his van into trump supporters last week?

The problem isnt the mob, its the fact officals and people with power spend so much of their time lecturing us on how one side is horrible, violent, their rhetoric unacceptable, but support that exact same crap on the other side.

And I dealt with academia for years as a student, debater, and coach. Although this sort of mob violence is rare, support for the attitudes behind it is the norm among bith students and adminstartors and faculty

so i am passionate about it

Just like I am passionate about gangs that gangrape children, disastrous foriegn regime change wars, bailing out bankers, and corruption at the highest level of government

and guess what, in each of those topics, i have been told i need to calm down and not be angry.

I am tired of the corruption, and tired of those who want me to be silent on it. I will not advocate violence, and will speak against it at all times like I always do.

But i am not going to quietly roll over

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It's a super fine line to walk, especially for those of us who think it's become largely asinine.

Where are the real lines? We all have them, myself included.

I know I speak vastly different in a professional setting as opposed to being surrounded by friends. My friends know I'm not malicious, and if I say a dark joke, it's just that, a joke. Harder to expect strangers or acquaintances to know that nuance about us though.

The only redemption we get these days is once chance to explain ourselves.

I just try to make an effort. I know in advance I'll be wrong, probably more often than I'd hope. Keep on truckin' though.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Dbl
edit on 18-2-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yep they definitely need defunding

There was no protection

Police stood and watched these attacks and smirked

Free speech must be protected and university’s must be held accountable for this type of behaviour, this wouldn’t happen if the university put out warnings of any potential violent behaviour or mobs would be suspended, the fact is the universities are communist breeding grounds and encourage violent attacks of political opposition, this is true fascism on display, this is not acceptable behaviour for political differences all those involved in camera should be given community service

In the UK that type of behaviour is called breach of the peace and will see you given a night in a cell, there is no excuse of defence of this type of behaviour, it belongs in the 3rd world banana republics

edit on 18-2-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I had no idea who this person was, and kind of still do not. However, there was clearly a stand down order given to the police the same way multiple city mayors told their authorities to stand down during rioting in the Obama years.

I would certainly recommend bear spray as was previously suggested by another on page one be carried at any of these events. If the police do nothing, just point the bullhorn at the police and yell "if law enforcement will not enforce the law, We WILL defend ourselves in front of you and watch you continue to stand down!"

Then just unleash the spray, the tasers, and eventually knives and guns if that doesn't work. Maybe even a neutron bomb on the HQ of the provocateurs for preventative measures.
edit on 2-18-2020 by worldstarcountry because: typos

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
If the cops are on standdown order, hey it'a fair game.

I'm 6'5, you think that mob will try that with me? Probably, leftist are like a pack of hyenas, they bully until they are bullied back.

One day, they will try that with the wrong person and those cops standing there smirking, will suddenly realize that their presence no longer has any real meaning, so they can watch as a leftist mob gets thrashed and rattled, filmed and put on Social Media as a WARNING, WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH.

The left brought this on themselves, fight fire with fire.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Awesomepossum

As for her, she should have prior approval before showing up, so this type of crap does not 

Ah so THATS your solution? Please let me speak? Pretty Please? How did that work out for Milo and Ben?

The Left can't Meme and surely doesn't seem capable of having a non violent exchange of ideas.

The problem is with those using force and violence against others who they disagree with politically.

Face it, the Modern Left has a problem with using actual violence to promote it's agenda. I don't care how often someone goads you into to violence with mere words, attacking them physically and threatening them for their political beliefs is something I would never defend.

Yet the Left thinks it is justified.......

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Need to bring back some Kent State style policing!

But on a serious note, the polarazation of peeps in the states must be 1968 level...or close.. i was only two...but i saw a movie about it..

And i stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

But I didnt get you were just joking with that poster.

Homegirl the story is about had another piece about her where she allegedly was a party popper... In the most literal sense.

Again, a joke. It doesn't take away from ideological points... It's just funny.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Obviously you didn’t watch your emotionally angry bitter vid did you
Difference between my post and your vid, I see your emotions, me, you have to assume

Good luck fella, just thought I would offer my opinion on why your YouTube video lost some of its sparkle

Just to elaborate a touch
I like Peterson, his even temper, calm nature and reasoned criticism as opposed to a churlish, childish rant, emotionally exploding everywhere

Good luck, hope you win what you want

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

I think perhaps you should have paid more attention to the poster you were agreeing with

here is what he siad

You really need to calm down because you are acting just like those you are abusing, making you no better than them.

P

Sure we all have things we regard as priorities. I think huge amounts of tax dollars goung to institutions that cheer on and defend this sort of mob violence is a huge problem. I think years of indoctrination at universities leading to these sorts of mobs is a huge problem.

You dont

Fine

I would never tell you that you are just as bad as the people committing whatever injustice you are passionate about just because you are angry.

And I certainly wouldnt agree with someone who did suggest that of you, regardless of my intent to joke.

This self righteous people who proclaim we all must never get angry about anything and remain totally stoic are wrong, and I will call them out.

Agreed. What a ridiculously stupid thing that poster said. And equally ridiculous that you are even having to defend yourself. I can't believe how people have lost all forms of common sense. It's crazy.

I didn’t think it was stupid
I think people ranting, railing and carrying on and on doesn’t translate very well

I think it’s stupid there is a video of a ranting crazy male ranting crazy at people ranting crazy at others
Stupid you can’t see that I think

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

here is what he siad

P

You dont

Fine

I think people ranting, railing and carrying on and on doesn’t translate very well

I think it’s stupid there is a video of a ranting crazy male ranting crazy at people ranting crazy at others

Alrighty bro! Keep ranting about someone you think is ranting about ranting. We could do this all day!

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

here is what he siad

P

You dont

Fine

For someone who wants rational even keeled conversation, you certainly call people a lot of names.

You didnt say "hey I agree you have a right to be mad, but it might hurt your message to get angry" (which i disagree with)

Nope, you said I was just as bad as this mob.

But hey, you are so right to criticize other peoples stylistic choices as you anonymously sit behind a computer name calling, but claim your name calling is coming from a calmness and we are just guessing you are emotional.

Again, thank you for worrying about the success of my videos, your criticism was received and i appreciate it.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123
She had a huge bodyguard with her, so probably yeah, they would have done the same.

Saw video and it doesn't really look like she was "attacked". At least not from the clips I saw.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Is throwing things at people an attack?

Is surrounding them and screaming in her face and pushing her an attack?

Is hitting the vehicle she is driving away in an attack?

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I didn't see any of that. I saw her bodyguard pick her up and carry here while people let them through. Probably just choice clips. Throwing liquids at a car would not really be an attack in my book.

Maybe you can post clips showing these attacks and then I can say. I saw clips showing that stuff happened.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Or it will go the other way, they'll watch those sweet little leftist children literally tear someone limb from limb on their watch and it will be their @sses in the fire as much as those darling children. After all, their job description is to serve and protect at some point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join