It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio University mobs conservative, police approve of the mob. DEFUND ALL OF THESE UNIVERSITIES!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Yup I know for a fact that Civil service goes through your social media with a fine tooth comb and it is considered before hiring.

That is direct from HR.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Grambler

It's the new normal.

The thuggish, Brown Shirt tactics of the left to use violence, fear, intimidation to push their ideology and punish all others is the new normal.

It's all they have left!

On the stage of free expression, individual, creative thought, the leftist is left without a script.

If they aren't told what to say, they resort to violence.

To call white college students thugs is an insult to all the inner city folks who actually beat people and do it professionally.

What we have here are a bunch of pussies that regurgitate bad ideas they learned a week ago from an even dumber teacher.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Too much free time. When I was in college I was either in class, studying, part time job or weekend reserve duty. There was no time to protest anything. Willing to bet these people are the same type of people crying about their student loans and complaining they can't find a 100K plus salary job with a crap degree.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Too much free time. When I was in college I was either in class, studying, part time job or weekend reserve duty. There was no time to protest anything. Willing to bet these people are the same type of people crying about their student loans and complaining they can't find a 100K plus salary job with a crap degree.

Government pays these days, and most every one of those kids will likely be saddled with debt they'll demand to have forgiven someday and vote for whoever promises to do that, too.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

You really need to calm down because you are acting just like those you are abusing, making you no better than them.

Yep my video is me mobbing, throwing things, screaming insults and obscenities, surrounding pushing, and attacking vehicles of those i disagree with.

I love this mindset:

If you complain aboutr mob intimidation tactics, then you are no better than the mob.

Instead its best to grovel for forgiveness to the mob and give in to there every demand.

Sorry, no buying it

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Fascism is very much a mob movement.
...P J. O'Rourke
I remember, O Rourke, I still have Parliament of Whores...

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
That’s what they teach in school , too bad they don’t teach critical thinking .

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

…..who managed to trigger a group of spastics

First of all I have to say the last thing anyone could describe me as is a hyper sensitive snowflake and someone who panders to the PC agenda, far from it.

Next thing is I have to say I tend to agree with the sentiments expressed in your post.

But, and its quite a big BUT....if you were to mis-use that word as some sort of insult around me I'm afraid I'd kick the #ing crap out of you.
Always thought it was bang out of order.

I honestly thought you were far better than that.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

As an American, and this doesn't justify it... That term gets used synonymously with hyper.

Again, that doesn't make it right, and reading your comment I can certainly understand why someone wouldn't appreciate it being used so liberally.

Now, I think there are far better descriptors we could use here for the people who cannot tolerate another person's opinion.

But we are talking about a group of alleged brown shirts (and one brown pants 😜) here... So civility will be hard to come by. Spastic might be more applicable for the brown pants person in this equation however.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Meh, at some point things will boil over. Especially when both sides are turning up the heat.

It isn't an excuse but to think it isn't reality is naive.

edit on 18-2-2020 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Crap, just a deflection of crap spewed to deny you are worked up into a frenzy, go watch your video for yourself

I didn’t say you were wrong
Yes, your rant was loud, abusive and intimidating, go watch it
I didn’t say grovel, didn’t demand forgiveness, didn’t make anything up, didn’t imply you give into any demands
Didn’t say you were a mob
Didn’t say you attacked a car

What I said is you need to calm down when speaking, not act like a little schoolgirl

Your strawman tactics have no power over me
Grow up and don’t act like those you accuse

And don’t imply I said any of those things about you, I didn’t, that’s dumb as well
I said calm down, it doesn’t look professional, makes you look a hysterical emotion driven university student

Don’t buy it, nothing to me

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

oh ok we will use your tactics then.

Your posts here sounds like you are angry.

Name calling same i acted like a school girl.

CALM DOWN!

Your post makes you sound so irrational.

Type calmly and dont insult people.

You are not better than the poster you are criticizing

On a side note, i take your suggestion for how I should speak, and reject it.

Thanks for being concerned with my speaking style though

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I think it's fair we all try to be the change we want. If we're going to talk about college kids losing their cool... We shouldn't.

No sense in anyone shi*ING their pants over this.

Also, side note, 11/10 disappointed more of these references haven't been used in the thread so far.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Spastic and derivatives of it used to be a common insult used here in the UK.

Fortunately people seem to be a bit more informed about those less fortunate than the majority of us and who suffer these and other disabilities.
My younger brother is one of those people and I've given a few people a slap round the lug back in the day for using the term inappropriately.

The member who used the term is Australian and to be honest is someone who even though I don't necessarily agree with all the time is someone who I have a certain amount of respect for.

Probably had no intention at all to cause offence but people need to be made aware.....and I'm afraid I'm very 'old school' in my approach and viewpoint at times.

Calling these people 'spastic' is really an insult to spastics.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I think it's fair we all try to be the change we want. If we're going to talk about college kids losing their cool... We shouldn't.

No sense in anyone shi*ING their pants over this.

Also, side note, 11/10 disappointed more of these references haven't been used in the thread so far.

Please

You buy that garbage?

I am so tired lately of the self righteous people who think they are high and mighty when anyone shows any sort of anger or emotion at injustice.

So a poster saying im acting like a school girl and just as like this mob for showing a little passion about it has a point that we all need to act better?

May a mob never do this to someone in anyones life who agrees with this sentiment. Elsewhise youd be incorrect to be upset about it, only a monotone wagging of the finger is acceptable.

But hey, maybe youll get your way and those passionately speaking up against this sort of thing while decrying any sort of violence in retaliation will be shut up.

Then when words are no longer considered acceptable against this sort of action, actions will fill the void from people who want to kick off violence.

And i am sure posters like the one whose comment you were responding to will with a monotone wag there finger and say "please dont be violent" and that will solve everything
edit on 18-2-2020 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Well you did the right thing by articulating why it's not a good term to use seeing as it also has medical applications.

I've been trying to be more cognizant about my vocabulary, and more specifically how I use it and in what context. I'll probably never get good at that though.

Edit: you sound like a really good big brother by the way. Kudos, the world needs more siblings who look out for one another.
edit on 18-2-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Ironically in their hypersensitive protests, they gave this lady more publicity and credentials, than if they would have just ignored it. So much more effective to have a reporter see no one there caring than an angry mob looking like asshats.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I was just trying to slide in a poop joke, because of the allegations about the women this topic is about.

I get heated too sometimes man. I'm not judging.

This subject isn't one that really gets to me though.

I'm pro gun, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with how everyone goes about that. She goes to a campus of glorified children looking for a rise and gets one. All these kids are told their opinions are justified, and they can sh** on anyone who doesn't agree with them (can't help myself).

The law enforcement should certainly do their job and make sure people aren't getting mobbed for vocalizing an opinion, so shame on them.

That said, I have many opinions... But I don't to to college campuses to air them out... Mainly becuse they're too dense and aren't mature enough to engage in discussion with people they disagree with... If for nothing else to learn, and attempt to understand why we're all different.

I think we have more pressing issues than brown shirts and brown pants at the moment.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I think perhaps you should have paid more attention to the poster you were agreeing with

here is what he siad

You really need to calm down because you are acting just like those you are abusing, making you no better than them.

So i am no better than this mob?

Sure we all have things we regard as priorities. I think huge amounts of tax dollars goung to institutions that cheer on and defend this sort of mob violence is a huge problem. I think years of indoctrination at universities leading to these sorts of mobs is a huge problem.

You dont

Fine

You probably get passionate about the things you think are a priority.

I would never tell you that you are just as bad as the people committing whatever injustice you are passionate about just because you are angry.

And I certainly wouldnt agree with someone who did suggest that of you, regardless of my intent to joke.

This self righteous people who proclaim we all must never get angry about anything and remain totally stoic are wrong, and I will call them out.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I agreed with him in the form of a joke. No one should crap themselves over this.

It wasn't a slight towards you, sorry if you viewed it that way.

Again, I get worked up too, you and I typically see eye to eye even when we don't. I can't pass judgment on passion.

It was just an immature joke about the subject at hand more than you... Sorry again man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join