It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-117 for sale

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

Bet you could get it for $1 if you can show you'll safely move and store it quickly. That's where the cost will.come in. Well, that and fabbing wings and tails, etc, but groups have been known to do that with lumber and paint, so I bet the restoration estimate is a little high.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

A museum in Vegas is looking for $30,000 for transportation, and $15,000 for restoration for one.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Surprised it's not more for transportation. You have to pick off a short list of their approved vendors, probably a wide load even without wings, have to coordinate with NV DOT plus whoever else you transit, etc

Most museums are on shoe-string budgets praying to keep the lights on. That's $45k and a couple years work taking up space until it's ready for one display. I know our local has turned down several "free" projects. Not enough time and money.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

More than likely, since it's intrastate, they're getting a discount.

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I thought about trying to hit the Powerball for this, but, then I found this.
www.everettaero.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Not to throw this TOO far off topic, but are there anymore SR-71s around? Even in storage?

posted on Feb, 21 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Masisoar

All of them and some A-12s are on display.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Oh wow, didn't know so many were on display:

www.sr-71.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It would make a great camp down by the lake or river. I'll bid a thousand bucks, since it is stripped down to basically a shell.

Before doing that, maybe I should check how much it would cost to move the damn thing and if the county will let me even make it into a camp.

I’m sure if you ask nicely Zaph can transport it, although he will probably keep it for himself. Well I’m out of the bidding process I don’t fancy paying the shipping money to the UK I don’t think my neighbours would be pleased either

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Wow the original cost of a F117 is crazy.
What does a fully optioned 2004 BBT go for ?
I assume renting sleeping human minds for navigation is free?

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Masisoar

More than one had their wings cut to transport them. There are a number that are called SR-71s by the location they're at, but are actually A-12s.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join