It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans fearing Trump, is it fake?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: Byrd

I could respond point by point to this entire post but I'm not gonna because I just don't feel like being that much of a dick tonight. I'll just hit some select ones.

Yeah. That's why I quit typing. The list got long. In any case, nobody's afraid of him. We just don't like his policies and his behavior.

originally posted by: Byrd
But have you tried to rent a house or apartment recently? Or buy one?

I bought a house in 2017. I'm about to sell it and buy another one. I'm still getting a great interest rate. I'm not seeing the problem?

Rising rents, particularly on the poorer folks. Maybe it's just because my circle includes a lot of the working poor, but I see people moving down from 3 bedroom to 2 bedroom to worse and worse areas because of rent pressures. Probably because I'm aware of this issue, I notice and read news about people having trouble making rent and food. It's been great for landlords and the wealthy, but not for those on the bottom end... and homelessness is rising and has been rising for the past 3 years: www.postbulletin.com...

Like I said, I know folks... so these stories always catch my eye.

Biggest job increase. Does not mean "good paying jobs" or "living wage jobs."

Also wages are rising fastest for lower and middle-income workers.

I'd contest that. Yes, rates are up (pay scale index) but the amount we can buy has gone down (our money is worth less than it was in 2006. See "real wage index" a little more than halfway down this page for data: Since 2006, wages have risen 16 percent overall in the U.S. But when you factor in inflation, “real wages” have actually fallen 9 percent. In other words, the income for a typical worker today buys them less than it did in 2006

* Privatization (proposed) of US Post Office

That's the best thing that could happen to the Post Office. My brother is a postman. You would not believe the stories he tells me. (snip)

My son worked for FedEx. I would believe the stories, because I bet I've heard similar from my son (waste, incompetence, overwork, etc, etc.) And I remember what happened to medical bills when "for profit" process stepped in.

* I think he makes extremely poor choices for his team -- and the "revolving door" administration means that nobody's in office long enough to be effective. It has a negative impact on the subordinates when you don't know if you'll have the same boss next week or not.

I mentioned this elsewhere but I just finished reading the memoirs of Robert Gates, who was SECDEF the last 2 years of Bush and the first 2 years of Obama. There were numerous people in Obama's early administration who were obviously ineffective and in some cases corrupt and incompetent, but Obama refused to fire them because it would project the wrong image politically.

I wasn't familiar with this, so I looked it up... and discovered that his opinion of Trump is not very positive. And while you probably have explanations, the ones in Trump's administration I'm thinking of were accused, tried, and convicted of crimes and removed. He's had the highest rate of removals for criminal conviction of any president... hence I say that he is a poor manager and can't pick good and competent people for offices.

* His slips (not knowing where Kansas City is (not checking)) and speech problems (slurring words, forgetting words, strange and incomprehensible statements like "wind turbines cause cancer" and "flushing toilets 15 times") don't indicate a good understanding of science or physics.

This kind of stuff is petty. I'm shocked you'd even mention this. Someone who speaks publicly as much as the president does is going to have gaffes. It happens to every President. C'mon man, you're better than this.

I invite you to scan the headings here for Pelosi, Schumer, Hillary, etc, etc... you'll see that this kind of behavior is a concern for ATS when they think they see it in Democrats. I submit respectfully that if it's an issue for Democrats then it's an issue for Trump.

* The waste of money on the wall... money that could have been spent (as other proposals said) on high tech solutions that are faster to implement and can't be circumvented by $10 ladders.

Lemme know where you find 30-foot ladders for $10 that are actually safe.

I don't think that people scaling the wall care about OSHA ratings. I saw the headline in The Independent (which is, I think, a tabloid) and says $5.00 ladder: www.independent.co.uk...

In seriousness though, you're missing the point. The wall wasn't meant to cut illegal immigration to ZERO. It was meant to cut it down, and in the places where it's been built, it is doing that.

What's been built so far is one mile of new fencing. The rest has just been replacement of existing fence. And yes, it was supposed to cut illegal immigration to zero... but who's been held up are people seeking asylum from the Americas. It hasn't impacted illegal immigration from elsewhere.

ETA: I'd also like to remind you that the "smart" party, the Democrats, supported barriers at the border until Trump ran on it. No one claimed they were ineffective then.

May I remind you that what they supported was similar to what we had today and they wanted more electronic surveillance (drones, etc.)
edit on 17-2-2020 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BerkshireEntity

He just hired a 24 yr Rothchild employee,who specializes in bankruptcy's for Secretary of Commerce,evidently Rothchild's helped Trump out of bankruptcy in Jersey,giving the keys to the"Redcoats"

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I fear every day what he might do to our country - a wrong tweet, a stupid emotional decision instead of a strategic one - a misguided phone call to a foreign dignitary. I also can't stand how divides the country, playing on people's concerns or fears to get support, and turning on anyone who doesn't kiss his hiney. Do I fear him personally? Does anyone really? I doubt it. When people say this, I think they mean more of the former.. not the latter.

I often fear he is inches away from starting a war with another country. I read each days headlines in trepidation to see what moronic, emotional, self-serving thing he has done, and see if it has caused the country irreparable harm. But.. that's about it I guess.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Just about everything in this reply is misleading or flat-out wrong. I really can't be bothered to do a point-by-point rebuttal though. What for? It's not like you're open to changing your mind on any of this.

I do love the "maybe it's because my circle..." part. I've got news for you, most people's circle includes the working poor, and mine is no different. Pretty much everyone I know is poor or lower-middle class. And they're almost all better off now than they were 3 years ago.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

In any case, nobody's afraid of him. We just don't like his policies and his behavior.

Speak for yourself.

I'm not afraid of him, I'm afraid for him.

And I love most of his policies and behavior!

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Probably nonsense but I have no doubt a few have been gaslighted by mass media using invented their unique brand of alternative facts (aka something other than facts)

Politics themselves are a conspiracy orchestrated against Americans by a nebulous group: "the others"

It is too vast to pin any one name to it, and sadly a lot are seemingly unwitting participants in this conspiracy

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

So over the last couple years I have read articles and heard things on TV from political pundits in which they state "Americans fear President Trump" or "Polls suggest Trump instills fear in Americans" and the general statement the likes of " minorities are scared of Trump".

I wonder where you saw these articles or saw something on a mainstream channel where this was said.. or these polls were taken. I googled a bit.. saw where there was a poll where Americans feared a Trump Presidency (along the lines of what I said in my last post), but am not seeing much where anyone states people actually fear Trump. Maybe you are just trying to stir something up, although I know no one would do -that- on this site.

Can you quote some articles or sources where this is stated? I mean you might be right.. just haven't seen that myself. I have seen plenty who feared what a Trump presidency might entail - and so do I, every day.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
And yet, the Trump presidency has entailed exactly ZERO of the things lefties were TOLD to be fearful of.

Media - fed, easily manipulated people.

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
I fear every day what he might do to our country - a wrong tweet, a stupid emotional decision instead of a strategic one - a misguided phone call to a foreign dignitary. I also can't stand how divides the country, playing on people's concerns or fears to get support, and turning on anyone who doesn't kiss his hiney. Do I fear him personally? Does anyone really? I doubt it. When people say this, I think they mean more of the former.. not the latter.

I often fear he is inches away from starting a war with another country. I read each days headlines in trepidation to see what moronic, emotional, self-serving thing he has done, and see if it has caused the country irreparable harm. But.. that's about it I guess.

He does not divide the country. The media does.

You can’t even point out one real thing he has done that is actually scary. Everything you fear is based on media lies. How many negative bombshells have they got completely wrong - basically all of them. That should tell a rational person the news is trying to brainwash you, not inform you.

He is the most anti war president in decades. He is also the president that cares the most about the avg citizen.

Seriously look at the actual results of his actions and point out what he has done that is so bad.

edit on 18-2-2020 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
If one is sceptical of Trump = fears Trump
If one disagrees with Trump = traitor

This seems to be a characteristic that majority of Trump supporters have. Fine if you want to worship him, every president before him had fan boys, but you want to shove Trump down everyone's throat. You want everyone to drink that Trump kool-aid. This i have issues with

And you guys wonder why from time to time people get punched for wearing a maga hat?!

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: fleabit

He does not divide the country. The media does.

You can’t even point out one real thing he has done that is actually scary. Everything you fear is based on media lies. How many negative bombshells have they got completely wrong - basically all of them. That should tell a rational person the news is trying to brainwash you, not inform you.

He is the most anti war president in decades. He is also the president that cares the most about the avg citizen.

Seriously look at the actual results of his actions and point out what he has done that is so bad.

Trump is by far the biggest partisan hack of a president that there ever was.
He uses Twitter on a daily basis to launch personal and political attacks and you're telling me that it's the MSM that is creating division?
Every president before him tried to be president of every American, sometimes they failed and sometimes they succeed. All Trump is doing is pleasing his core base voters. He never once tried to be a president of the whole USA. Not once.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BerkshireEntity by giving a convicted drug dealer a medial of honor?selling our military to Saudi Arabia for 500m,hiring a hard core Rothchild employee who helped him through bankrupcy for director of Commerce? hmm I think so

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

I agree. I just don't think painting one side to have all the corruption does us any good. But i understand you're focusing on Democrats.

Somewhere this left vs right divide has to end for people to work together to end corruption.

You are correct but the problem is we HAVE IDENTIFIED an enemy to our Constitution. DO keep up please!

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Ahabstar

Trump is not america.

Fearing him does not make a person anti-american.

But imo thinking that one man is the be all end all of my country does.
That's monarchy and dictator thinking. Very un-american.

True but ANTI Americans are out in the open NOW!

Right?

The ones who say do away with parts of our COTUS in the news lately are pretty loud.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2
Don't complain about the Swamp drainer in Chief or you will become a SLAVE to the "utopia" of the Left's agenda. We have no choice but to work with the 1st one willing to do it and DJT is the chosen one at this point we aren't turning around until this is DONE!

But your convicted hero's you choose to support are ok in your mind? Sure they are. I see a small list you have compiled to be "afraid' concerning and Byrd compiled list that all avoids the PURE EVIL we witnessed in the world due to the last 4 POTUS and the CIA working for a Puppet Master who hates freedoms.

Those 4 who are very likely to see every one will be found by History to be the real criminals in America helping the Oligarchs of Europe and Asia compete to rule the world. I would add in most of their entourage is culpable too and we start with them for working for the Oligarchs. It is our job to correct this now to save Humanity from the coming mass murders by the Leftist using a false premise of seeking a "pure world" who are in the open with this mass murder wish on the "useless eaters". It may be too late if the brainwashed idiots still in that pot of warming water is any indication.

edit on 19-2-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek
He never once tried to be a president of the whole USA. Not once.

Stop watching fake news. From day one Democrats screamed "Not my President". Trump tried to extend an olive branch and work with Pelosi and Democrats. They spit in his face and attacked him.

"I think she deserves that position," Trump said. "I also believe Nancy Pelosi and I can work together and get a lot of things done, along with Mitch (McConnell) and everybody else we have to work with."

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   
If a child is afraid of a clown from across the room irrationally, is it the clowns fault? All they are doing is making balloon animals for the other kids and wearing funny shoes.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Most people in this country lack basic critical thinking skills. That is why they have been trying to dumb down the population for decades. If most people had this, there would be no pathetic two party system in this country. It almost worked with Perot, but the two ass clown parties put a stop to that.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

He just hired a 24 yr Rothchild employee,who specializes in bankruptcy's for Secretary of Commerce,evidently Rothchild's helped Trump out of bankruptcy in Jersey,giving the keys to the"Redcoats"

Yep, he owes his allegiance to the rothchilds, I was skeptical when I first heard that now I'm sure of it.

posted on Feb, 20 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Do you honestly believe Trump is the one dividing our nation

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join