It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans fearing Trump, is it fake?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo
a reply to: BerkshireEntity

people are afraid that trump will unleash radical forces and this could end bloody, as you can see from various acts of violence. that's what people are afraid of. trump strengthens christian fanatics, strengthens conspiracy theorists, strengthens the extreme right, strengthens all the destructive forces that want nothing more than a new world order. i don't think that he is aware of this, he is just a narcissistic egomaniac who has too much power.
Total delusions.

Have you not seen the threads of recent hate crimes against Trump supporters? One guy even drove his van into a tent!

The left has been very aggressive and pushing for violence, via ANTIFA and other organizations.

Everything you listed are leftist liberal media talking points meant as feed for the unwitting low info voter and that's exactly what's happening to you, I weep for my fellow American.

The reality is, Trump doesn't have too much power, for if he did, he would have squashed a number of pestering issues long ago, but since the process has been moving along, resulting in being cleared by the Mueller Investigation, Acquitted in the Senate by a rabid Dem offense, he has been working non stop and you can follow it too by simply taking a glimpse at his twitter feed, direct from the President himself.
Meanehile, all the while, pushing and working on Trade with China, USMCA with Canada and Mexico and courting the UK.

Like I said, a few loud people and disillusioned leftist on a fake news binge.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Yes. They do. The progressives snowflakes who think life is over and they should suicide themselves because he won.

The rest of America, the rational 80-90%, do not.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

people are afraid that trump will unleash radical forces and this could end bloody, as you can see from various acts of violence. that's what people are afraid of. trump strengthens christian fanatics, strengthens conspiracy theorists, strengthens the extreme right, strengthens all the destructive forces that want nothing more than a new world order. i don't think that he is aware of this, he is just a narcissistic egomaniac who has too much power.

So much hilarious drivel w no facts

edit on 17-2-2020 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2020 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

As soon as Harold broke free from the yoke of royalty, and began looking into
which country he and his charming bride are going to grace with their presence,
he started pimping this exact bit. My ears began to burn as soon as I heard it, knowing
damn well it was a thought out sound byte designed to ‘influence the election’ process.

‘I’m afraid of Trump’ were his exact words, televised.
That was no random utterance.
I believe they were choosing Canada as their residence due to this fear, of Trump.

A few days later he was begging a Disney head for studio work, for Meghan.

I really dislike that punk. And his horse. Maybe he should stay away from America,
and shut his pie hole about things he has no business interfering with, being famous,
a disenfranchised political (royal) celeb and all-and wanting to stay clear of politics, lol.

He and Meghan are far from what they hope to portray. They are vipers with a
progressive agenda which is now free from royal rebuff. Oh boy, can’t wait to hear
more from his and her highnesses. But make no mistake, she, her leg vise, and
the hollywood-new york-globalist axis are behind it all. Meghan wants all the fame
and power she can get, and it is as dangerous as it is predictable, banjo or no banjo.

# 1067
edit on 17-2-2020 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Remember Democrats were the party of slavery, the kkk, and almost every piss poor authoritarian policy in this country.

Have you taken into account that Lincoln was a Republican and that it was the Republicans from the north who were instramental in abolishing slavery? Or that it was the southern Democrats that wanted to keep slavery?

Oh I guess you have.

But have you taken into account that somewhere decades after the civil war those two blocks morphed their positions with the old liberal Republicans becoming more conservative and the old conservative Democrats becoming more liberal.

This of course makes it conservatives who were in favor of slavery and liberals who were not.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BerkshireEntity
So over the last couple years I have read articles and heard things on TV from political pundits in which they state "Americans fear President Trump" or "Polls suggest Trump instills fear in Americans" and the general statement the likes of " minorities are scared of Trump".

Not so much "afraid of Trump" but not liking how his election impacted America and not wanting to see another 4 years of it.

You can compare it to how you felt about "another 4 years of Obama." You weren't "scared" or "trembling in fear"... you didn't like the direction and didn't want it.

That's how we feel about Trump.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

That’s how we feel about Trump
a reply to: Byrd

Who are ‘we’?

# 1068

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

The only Americans (if you can even call them that - remember they hate borders and the Constitution) who are fearful of Orangutan Man Bad are the super-low information, easily brainwashed non-participating characters whose sole purpose is to wake up each morning and be spoon fed their daily outrage instructions from their favourite state-sanctioned propaganda outlets.

Don't deny it kids, it just makes you look like bigger tools than you already are.

The End.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
OP makes many good points but I can tell you first hand that the Dems and their complicit propaganda arm we call the "media" have managed to scare the bejeezus out of some of the more naive or weak minded among us.

for example: Greta Tunberg

But in my own family I personally have a nephew who is terrified of Donald Trump because he believes he is "literally Hitler".

It's tragic the way the Dems and media abuse their own constituents with this hyperbolic nonsense and fear mongering.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
It's literally a small group of people being loud on Social Media.

One of the most repeated leftist talking point is that ATS is a right wing echo chamber, but that can't be further from the truth, why? Leftist can't rationalize beyond their echo chambers, thus believeing anything mass supportive for Trump in any media would have to be Right Wing, in essence, using an echo chamber to determine other echo chambers, but that is the illusion, like staring into a house of mirrors.

In almost all other Media I am engaged in, I get the same results, small group of leftist being loud and a large group of centrist and right leaners. I play this mobile game and in their own chats, sometimes politics pop up and you get the few leftist on that game being loud till a whole slew of people chat their support for Trump.

It's intense and REAL.

Because while this country is politically divided, it's actually SKEWED, leaning heavily towards Trump and the ones that aren't receptive of Trump acknowledge the Dems are in a piss poor state of affairs and would either vote for Trump as a result OR no one.

This is Truth.

We shall see come Nov.

The biggest lie told about Trump is that he's a "Right-Winger".

He isn't and never has been.
edit on 1722020 by Wide-Eyes because: ☝

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
All I'm saying is we need to just connect the dots.

Hitler wore pants; Trump wears pants.

Hitler has 6 letters; Trump has 5 letters.

I think it's obvious and am surprised no one has ever seen this before.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Trump once said covfefe. Sounds foreign.

Definitely Hitler.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The President is not ‘eroding people’s rights’

In fact, he’s doing NONE of the things the moronic left was TOLD he’d do

But, keep listening to cNn morons. The vast majority of Americans support him and what he’s doing

His policies are what got him elected. The dEms policies are preventing them from even being taken seriously

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm more afraid of Hillary than Trump. Even though she lost, she is someone who you would not want to cross.

Trump is a teddybear, he is one of those kind that has a sensor that talks when you move, pretty hard to shut those teddybears up. Sooner or later Trump's batteries will run out.

I am not afraid of Trump or his policies, I more fear how the Democrats are going to ruin our country by dividing the people.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

What I did not like under Obama was the failing economy with stagnant growth, and the destruction of race relations setting this country back 40 years. Under Trump we have a booming economy where the biggest winners are the bottom 40% and minorities, especially minority women. Maybe you can tell me the direction the country is headed under Trump that you dislike?

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BerkshireEntity
So over the last couple years I have read articles and heard things on TV from political pundits

Wow cool thread....FYI the TV has been fear mongering for decades.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhiteKnight

That’s how we feel about Trump

Who are ‘we’?

# 1068

Liberals, my dear sir. Liberal Democrats.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

What I did not like under Obama was the failing economy with stagnant growth,

...problems that he inherited from the previous administration, as we all know.

and the destruction of race relations setting this country back 40 years.

That may depend on what side of the equation you're on. Now... I don't know everyone in the US, but the minorities that I know felt that things were much better under Obama. Not perfect, but improving.

Under Trump we have a booming economy

Booming stock market. The economists were very positive about the direction of the US in 2014. By 2018 they were markedly worried. The poverty rate is dropping, but not as fast as it dropped under Obama: www.statista.com...

But have you tried to rent a house or apartment recently? Or buy one?

where the biggest winners are the bottom 40% and minorities, especially minority women.

Biggest job increase. Does not mean "good paying jobs" or "living wage jobs."

Maybe you can tell me the direction the country is headed under Trump that you dislike?

* rolling back of environmental laws (some states have stepped up, but not enough)v-- including changes in laws that protected communities from power plant pollution www.nytimes.com... (I worked with Audubon to rein in some of the pollution problems caused by limestone cement plants (local plant looked like this: il9.picdn.net...(height:160))
* sale of public park lands (www.theguardian.com...)... I have heard that non-Americas are buying these lands, but can't find real confirmation
* Privatization (proposed) of US Post Office
* hiring freezes for public offices
* new budget eliminates funding for single family rural houses (Trump budget, p. 14 www.whitehouse.gov...) and reducing Public Diplomacy programs (ditto, p74), trimming EPA grants and other science grants (which will mean we fall further behind in science and technology), reducing NASA's space launch system upgrade (risky... unless you want us out of the space program altogether.)
* I think his immigration policies are ineffective (the bigger number of illegals come from China, for instance... and lots of Europeans overstay)
* I think he makes extremely poor choices for his team -- and the "revolving door" administration means that nobody's in office long enough to be effective. It has a negative impact on the subordinates when you don't know if you'll have the same boss next week or not.
* I don't like his picking fights with celebrities on Twitter. I think he should be doing things other than squabbling. I don't respect that.
* I don't like that he spends a lot of time playing golf. There's "down time" and "vacation" and "so fragile he needs a vacation at his own properties every other week."
* His slips (not knowing where Kansas City is (not checking)) and speech problems (slurring words, forgetting words, strange and incomprehensible statements like "wind turbines cause cancer" and "flushing toilets 15 times") don't indicate a good understanding of science or physics. If he doesn't understand science, he shouldn't be crafting policies about it.
* The waste of money on the wall... money that could have been spent (as other proposals said) on high tech solutions that are faster to implement and can't be circumvented by $10 ladders.

...etc.

(sorry. quit here. got tired of typing)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It's hilarious watching leftists go back and forth on how to handle the economy angle for the election. Just last week one of the leftists on here was trying to convince everyone the economy was actually in bad shape. "No, the economy isn't actually doing good. You can't believe those numbers! That's just Fox News bs!"

I guess they poll-tested that and realized it wasn't playing well with voters, so now it's "Yeah the economy is great, and it's because of Obama!"

Too late, ya'll already backed yourselves into a corner.

Not to mention all the "experts" saying it's doing well because of Obama are the same morons that said, when Trump got elected, that the economy would do terrible under him. They didn't say "Yeah the economy will do fine under Trump because Obama gave him a solid foundation."

This is why no one listens to you guys. I realize you think ordinary people are so dumb we can't connect these dots, but everyone sees through this and everyone knows you're full of #.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I could respond point by point to this entire post but I'm not gonna because I just don't feel like being that much of a dick tonight. I'll just hit some select ones.

originally posted by: Byrd
But have you tried to rent a house or apartment recently? Or buy one?

I bought a house in 2017. I'm about to sell it and buy another one. I'm still getting a great interest rate. I'm not seeing the problem?

Biggest job increase. Does not mean "good paying jobs" or "living wage jobs."

Also wages are rising fastest for lower and middle-income workers. Ya'll like to leave that out. You should be celebrating that. Remember when you were told "the rich" would be the ones who would benefit most from the tax cuts? You got lied to.

* Privatization (proposed) of US Post Office

That's the best thing that could happen to the Post Office. My brother is a postman. You would not believe the stories he tells me. The amount of bureaucratic incompetence he has to deal with on a daily basis is way worse than any private company. It's easy for me to imagine, having worked for the government myself. Government is the most inefficient and ineffective entity that exists. That's why the Post Office is doing so poorly. If it was a for-profit entity alot of the superfluous nonsense would have to be stamped out. The highest-tenured folks would probably be given some kind of retirement deal and people like my brother that have been there a while would be absorbed by the private sector, which would have to expand to take over everything the USPS does. Private sector already goes almost everywhere to deliver parcels. If it was done right, it could be very effective.

* I think he makes extremely poor choices for his team -- and the "revolving door" administration means that nobody's in office long enough to be effective. It has a negative impact on the subordinates when you don't know if you'll have the same boss next week or not.

I mentioned this elsewhere but I just finished reading the memoirs of Robert Gates, who was SECDEF the last 2 years of Bush and the first 2 years of Obama. There were numerous people in Obama's early administration who were obviously ineffective and in some cases corrupt and incompetent, but Obama refused to fire them because it would project the wrong image politically. Imagine that, keeping people in high-level government positions that aren't doing the best work for the American people, all because you're more concerned with optics. Trump doesn't give a # about optics. When he thinks people aren't getting the job done, he fires them. I'd rather have that. Again, I worked for the government. When the boss gets replaced, the wheels keep turning. It's not the big problem you've been led to believe it is by the media.

* His slips (not knowing where Kansas City is (not checking)) and speech problems (slurring words, forgetting words, strange and incomprehensible statements like "wind turbines cause cancer" and "flushing toilets 15 times") don't indicate a good understanding of science or physics.

This kind of stuff is petty. I'm shocked you'd even mention this. Someone who speaks publicly as much as the president does is going to have gaffes. It happens to every President. C'mon man, you're better than this.

* The waste of money on the wall... money that could have been spent (as other proposals said) on high tech solutions that are faster to implement and can't be circumvented by $10 ladders.

Lemme know where you find 30-foot ladders for $10 that are actually safe.

In seriousness though, you're missing the point. The wall wasn't meant to cut illegal immigration to ZERO. It was meant to cut it down, and in the places where it's been built, it is doing that. Heaps of people can't easily circumvent it. People can still dig tunnels, and able-bodied people can climb it with the right equipment, but it's a lot harder and takes more time than it used to.

ETA: I'd also like to remind you that the "smart" party, the Democrats, supported barriers at the border until Trump ran on it. No one claimed they were ineffective then.
edit on 17 2 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join