It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans fearing Trump, is it fake?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BerkshireEntity
a reply to: Irishhaf
Your right about that. Congress people Having 20+ years in their seat is sketchy. I'd like to go to some of these places where they keep voting the same member for Congress for potentially decades and ask what is their rep actually doing for you? Look at what Cummings did to Baltimore.....where did all that state and federal money go to help that city? He fooled the people for sure

Yep, that is the major problem. Sure, Congress has like a 15% approval rating, but they also have something like an 85% re-election rate. Everyone thinks it's the other members of Congress that are bad. Their guy is just fine.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I haven't heard trump or the repubs say WHAT would replace it.
Have you?
Can you link the bill they have for that?

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Ahabstar

Trump is not america.

Fearing him does not make a person anti-american.

But imo thinking that one man is the be all end all of my country does.
That's monarchy and dictator thinking. Very un-american.

You should read these memoirs by Robert Gates I just finished reading. When the Obama administration came in, most of his staff thought he was the 2nd coming of Christ that literally saved the country.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep
Yeah a couple of my lib friends do the same just kinda laugh at it. But it's like they don't have the ability to see the other side or the big picture. One constantly rehashes talking points from msnbc, CNN etc ad nauseum. I pointed out to that person that they need to think for themselves and the media networks rely on people that don't think for themselves to get them to accept their messages as truth and fact...... he got offended which I wasn't surprised to see lol. He thought I was insulting his intelligence.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Yup want to say in 2016 1000 seats across the nation ran unopposed for re-election.

=============

Anytime someone on less than 200k a year turns their net worth into 20+ million all the while complaining that they can barely survive and deserve a pay raise something majorly corrupt is going on.

Personally the only congressmen I respected was Tom Coburn he never stayed in a position more than 2 terms at the state and at the federal level, his public stance was any longer and you become part of the problem from playing in that mud for to long.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Ha! Obama saving the country.....

I might just have to read that memoir at least for a laugh!

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I haven't heard trump or the repubs say WHAT would replace it.
Have you?
Can you link the bill they have for that?

They're in the preliminary stages, so there's no bill actually introduced yet. To my understanding, they're trying to settle the legal issues with the courts first before they actually try to pass the bill. And they need to take back the House, because no matter what they come up with the Democrats won't vote for it, so introducing a bill at this point is pointless.

Here's an article about the most recent plan that I'm aware of. Of course the article is biased as hell, but it includes a link to download the actual document, so you can read it for yourself. It includes coverage for pre-existing conditions.

ETA: I also have to say that, as important as it sounds like this issue is to you, it doesn't sound like wherever you get your news from is keeping you very well informed on this issue. I mean, considering you thought "the Republicans have no plan" was the current state of things, which isn't true. That's just Democrat propaganda. You might want to think about getting some new sources of info on this issue at least, and possibly for other things. You're not being kept up to speed by whatever methods you use now.
edit on 17 2 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: BerkshireEntity

Ha! Obama saving the country.....

I might just have to read that memoir at least for a laugh!

To be clear, Gates himself doesn't think that. It's all the sycophants in the WH staff he was talking about. It's a really good read though. He was SECDEF the last 2 years of Bush and the first 2 years of Obama, roughly, so he has insights into both administrations. I don't necessarily agree with all his conclusions, but it's an interesting book. He has criticisms of both presidents, and praise for both.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hey I get the aca thing. I'd be lying if I said it didn't help me some. I'm glad to hear it saved you. I think it just needs some revising and some simplification while getting rx drug costs down which would help take a bit of cost out of it. What parts of it would you like to see stand? Or what things would you like to see improved?

These are things our representatives should be asking their constituents rather then serve lobbying groups and such. Christ the representatives make a couple hundred thousand a year just from salary and they still want pay raises for NOT doing their job. Then after a few years end up with millions as one poster stated, from kickbacks and corruption. These people need to be voted out

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Ty.

I tried to find this info but couldn't.
This is very helpful.

I hope trump and the repubs actually do something like this.
The little I just read sounds fine.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Ty.

I tried to find this info but couldn't.
This is very helpful.

I hope trump and the repubs actually do something like this.
The little I just read sounds fine.

You literally just had to Google "Republican healthcare plan." That would find you a bunch of biased articles, but the articles would contain the name of the actual plan. Then you Google that and you can find the source document. Happy to help.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BerkshireEntity

Well it lowered my drug costs and the monthly payments are much lower so I can actually afford to have insurance.
I have never been able to afford my job insurance.

I like the pre existing condition stuff.

What needs to be changed is the premiums being so high.
I would be willing to pay a little more per month for that.

This link has some good ideas.
rsc-johnson.house.gov...

But really I like the aca. I had colon cancer removed and all it cost me was $1000 out of pocket. And I was only billed after it was taken care of. And it was taken care of quickly. I was also able to keep my family doctor.

I never agreed with the fine placed on those that chose not to have it. I'm glad that was taken away.
edit on 17-2-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

I also don't like bernie's plan because it takes the choice away from people.
We should be free to choose different venders , job or government for our healthcare needs
edit on 17-2-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Then you Google that and you can find the source document.

That's what I missed.
Your link gave me a pdf of the actually document. Which is what I would rather read.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Christ the representatives make a couple hundred thousand a year just from salary and they still want pay raises for NOT doing their job. Then after a few years end up with millions as one poster stated, from kickbacks and corruption. These people need to be voted out

Term limits.
Take away their power to give themselves raises.
Make lobbyists illegal.
Take away party labels.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

What needs to be changed is the premiums being so high.
I would be willing to pay a little more per month for that.

The premium is what you pay per month. I think what you're talking about being high is the deductible.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Christ the representatives make a couple hundred thousand a year just from salary and they still want pay raises for NOT doing their job. Then after a few years end up with millions as one poster stated, from kickbacks and corruption. These people need to be voted out

Make lobbyists illegal.
Take away party labels.

Those will never happen. First Amendment. I personally think removing party labels would be beneficial, but I think the First Amendment is great too so we can't go that route.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Internally. Like Europe your landmass has been massively divided.

One side has just gotten much louder since he was elected.

It's not just one side. Although Youtube algorithms would have you think that.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I didn’t say fearing Trump makes you anti-American. Nor did I say that all anti-Americans fear him. I don’t think a lot of people that are against American ideals are smart enough or humble enough to fear Trump. There is a whole lot of hubris to hating America.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

people are afraid that trump will unleash radical forces and this could end bloody, as you can see from various acts of violence. that's what people are afraid of. trump strengthens christian fanatics, strengthens conspiracy theorists, strengthens the extreme right, strengthens all the destructive forces that want nothing more than a new world order. i don't think that he is aware of this, he is just a narcissistic egomaniac who has too much power.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Well, Trump has 24x7 access to 'the football' that can launch nuclear missiles.

Trump has done things that his advisers have said not to. He has poor self control and acts impulsively.

Trump suggested, not too long ago, that they stop hurricanes from afflicting the US by using atomic bombs.

Trump's prime motivation is clearly for himself. Didn't he say he would offer Presidential pardons to some? Has that actually occurred?

Trump has also party hopped in the past. I wouldn't expect that he actually gives a damn about the Republican Party. He definitely openly ridiculed John McCain, Lindsey Graham and a number of Republican faithfuls.

But some Americans have re-defined American patriotism to be some partisan hate fest of half of it's own population.

Also, Trump is buying the current apparent economic boom, on credit. At no time during his Presidency has GDP exceeded the national debt. America can no longer service its governmental debt and Trump is not doing anything to reverse that. He is, in fact, escalating government debt with his shutdown and the wall, etc.

edit on 17/2/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join