It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Face of Evil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The adoptive parents of a 17-year-old boy who weighed 49 pounds when found in a home where he was forced to wear a diaper and sleep in a locked, cage-like bed have been charged with child neglect, authorities said.

Child welfare workers called to Wilson and Brenda Sullivan's home Jan. 10 found the teen wearing a diaper and appearing developmentally delayed, a police report said. The boy was less than 4-foot-6 and was in the weight range of a 61/2-year-old, officials said.

Chief Steve Weintraub of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said the parents told investigators that the boy was forced to sleep in a criblike cage with a wooden lid kept shut with chains and a lock because he had behavioral problems and was overeating at night. The crib was the size of a twin bed with locks that prevented its sides from being lowered. "

www.local6.com...

This is so evil I can't even image such people are human. There is a long term systematic problem with CPS in Florida, there are just too many stories like this there...........

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
ASre they going to be lockedup for life because they deserve it

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
ya, lock them up in oversized cribs. Make them wear diapers, and starve them, while news stories and such are played 24 hours a day about how obesity is killing us all and they need to lose weight anyways.....

sorry, but at 49 lbs, I don't think overeating would be a problem with the kids.....
if he was mine, I would have been feeding him whatever he would eat until he had reached something closer to normal weight.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This is truly an outrage.

And the woman in the picture looks like she herself certainly
was'nt lacking for food!
Why did this couple adopt this boy? So they could torture him??!

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Dr. Horacid...

The treatment of this child is reprehensible in the extreme, yet I believe this kind of thing goes on in variable severity throughout our civilization.
There are methods we, as parents, use to control our children which, when taken to legal scrutiny, are criminal. The case on physical abuse like spanking being the leading edge of questionable behaviours.
It's hard for me to look back at the 30 years of direct parenting I have done and search for incidents of parenting which could be considered borderline.
eg...my main focus for evoking 'good behaviour' in my sons has mostly been the carrot and stick...you do this for us and you get that as a reward.

People get caught up in their fanaticism, thinking they are doing the right thing, and then finding the Law at their door and editorials in the newspapers about their parenting skills.

The bottom line is this, IMO...however we are raised, the tendency will be to raise our children in a similar manner. the vicious circle.

The extremes like you pointed out in your post are not so unusual in our society, but we are horrified when it is found out and released to the press...it's a symptom we shouldn't ignore.

If the child in question, through further investigation, is found to have shown gay or lesbian tendencies, does this change your perspective?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

If the child in question, through further investigation, is found to have shown gay or lesbian tendencies, does this change your perspective?

Ok I missed something here? What does sexual orientation have to do with this? I am not sure of your point here. Please clarify..........

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I have to agree with the Doc, what in the sam hill does this have to do with anything?

Would it make a diffrence to you?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

I have to agree with the Doc, what in the sam hill does this have to do with anything?

Would it make a diffrence to you?

Oh my gawd.........I am having the big one, my heart is .........we agreed....................

The world is over now..............................................................

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I knew that would get you. LOL

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Gay or not? That's ridiculous.
An animal should'nt be treated this way much less a child.
Am I missing something here?
And as far as how you are raised, haveing an effect on how you raise your own? My dad was not exactly the "ideal" parent, but I looked at him and decided that I would NOT raise mine the same way he raised his.

People CAN decide between right and wrong.

[edit on 10-3-2005 by elaine]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
These animals (they don't even deserve to be called parents) need to be put to death. Don't drag it out in court or on death row. Just walk up to each one and put a bullet in their heads. Don't even give them life in prison, just rid the world of thier evil forever. There is no rehabilitating animals like this.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I'm referring to the KoKo thread...KoKo would be cattle feed by now.
The poor child of these heartless people must have suffered horribly because he was treated like an animal...caged.
Like KoKo.
www.belowtopsecret.com...'

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed how often this occurs in Florida?
Just last month a family was arrested after trying to flee the state when one of their 8 or so adopted kids called the cops about the abuse they were giving. They did not have a license to adopt, but they got eight kids to torture. There was a 14 year old that weighed as much as my 3 year old daughter : 30 pounds!!!!!

Florida needs to be erased.
After that, Texas..check the news you'll find lots of "god told me to do it" child mutilations coming out of that state.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Things like that are just awful to hear about. There's no way to communicate the sickness you feel inside. God bless that poor boy.
I wonder if friends even knew they had a child?

The sad thing is, it could be happening right next door to anyone.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
This is truly an outrage.

And the woman in the picture looks like she herself certainly
was'nt lacking for food!
Why did this couple adopt this boy? So they could torture him??!

Why? Welfare...get money..typical lazy trash. Just that this one was taken to the extreme. Screw what happens to them. Whats going to happen to the kid. Those 2 should just be locked away in general population for the rest of their lives. It wont be long.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Dear god, i had to back track on this when i got to the height and weight. I thought it was a child, not a 17 year old.

This is horrible.

There is a long term systematic problem with CPS in Florida, there are just too many stories like this there...........

Veerily it seems to be.

I can't help but find it ironic that the government so often wants to interfere with familys on many fronts but then can't even take care of the children that they are responsible for.

masqua
The bottom line is this, IMO...however we are raised, the tendency will be to raise our children in a similar manner. the vicious circle.

This is not a way that a person can be raised and then have their own children. This is not the 'borderline criminal' case of spanking. This is systematic, revolting, absoltuely inhuman behaviour.

This person has been "developmentally challenged' because of this. He's probably a 'wild child' now. Thats an absolute outrage, they've effectively destroyed a human being.

I'm referring to the KoKo thread

I think that when drhoracid said that the gorilla was possesed by a demon, he actually meant it. He meant that a demonic spirit from hell had taken over the animal, making it do those things, hence the request that the poor animal be destroyed. If it was true, and there was no way to perform an exorcism, I'd be inclinded to agree. A lame horse is shot, not out of cruelty. Of course, the idea that a gorilla is possesed by demons is preposterous anyway, so the whole thing is silly.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Its stories like these that make my Spanish blood boil

Evil is rampant out there. These are good candidates for the DGTEMPE torture chambers.

How horrifyingly sick. "I'd like to take care of this couple myself"
Its the only way.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
How pathetic can those two be?! Because he was "overeating!?" Please.
It's sick that this happens on a relatively regular basis (and I thought my parents treated me like crap). What I don't understand is how they got their hands on those kids to begin with. I can understand that child services can't catch everyone that is abusive to their adoptive children, but you'd think that something that extreme might have been caught before things escalated to the point that they did.

top topics

join