It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Wrong With Stone's Recommended 7-9 years

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: smurfy

Stone’s threats, which were successful, ultimately resulted in his witness tampering conviction.

While the person he was talking to laughed it all off and even told the judge it meant nothing, " That's just how Stone talks all the time", so the success of the threats is very questionable.

This is a fantastic defense! Did you know everyone in prison is innocent too?

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Obviously we need one set of laws for when a Republican is committing a crime. And another set of laws when Democrat is committing a crime.

I think we been seeing this for over 3 years now as the Democrats been getting free passes in the whole lying department. Even with Hillary they made sure she wasn't under oath...wouldn't want her in some kind of official status when she lies.

Never mind Stone was convicted on 7 counts which lengthened his sentence. What is important here is political party comes before country and the rule-of-law.

That is what they do...they stack the deck with as many counts of whatever making sure something would stick....Doesn't make it right.

I remember one time I was driving stuck behind a logging truck. I went to pass and about half way three cars came into view coming the other way, I sped up got back in my lane and the three cars never needed to brake or anyway as we passed each other...the second car was a cop and I guess he thought it was closer than what it was and came after me.

He got behind me lights on and I slowed down to 25, put my on turn signal, but I could not pull over for about a quarter mile due to only having a foot from the guard rail on a winding road. I pulled over and I was given a ticket for reckless driving, the kind a drunk driver would get, a ticket for failure to yield to an emer vehicle and a ticket for failure to stop. Each one was a huge fine in their own right, so when I went to court they were like if you plead to the lessor we will waive the other two. I brought a good amount of proof to beat all three, but I felt that just would not happen and I would end up with the really bad one, so I did a plea deal.

This is like a court trick they do to make sure something sticks in the end.

edit on 16-2-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I wouldn't call it a defense if the person saying it was the actual witness who was supposedly threatened. If the court says you threaten me, and I said no you did not, I never felt threaten. Is it right for the court to say...well you still threaten me so you broke the law and we will give you a few years?

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Obviously we need one set of laws for when a Republican is committing a crime. And another set of laws when Democrat is committing a crime.

I think we been seeing this for over 3 years now as the Democrats been getting free passes in the whole lying department. Even with Hillary they made sure she wasn't under oath...wouldn't want her in some kind of official status when she lies.

I don't understand how Democrats can be so much more intelligent than Republicans. Why are Republicans so incompetent when it comes to getting Democrats indicted and then convicted? It doesn't make any sense to me.

I think what is happening is Republicans are confused in terms of language. Republicans do not make any distinction between opinion and fact. Most Republicans think their opinions are facts. So when baseless mud-slinging opinions are thrown around at Democrats the Republicans who hear these think they are facts. When in reality, there are no facts to back up al the Republican accusations of corruption.

It seems to me if Democrats were breaking the law, and Republicans had clear documentary evidence of it, they would not simply roll over, play dead, and let the Democrats take back control of the House. It just seems to me if the Republicans had real evidence, and not just fantasy delusions, we would see at least one Democrat go to prison.

Trump campaigned on "draining the swamp" and getting rid of corruption in Washington. The truth and the facts suggest otherwise. It appears the Trump administration is the most corrupt government this country has ever had:

"Recent administrations with the MOST criminal indictments:

Trump (Republican) — 215

Nixon (Republican) — 76

Reagan (Republican) — 26

"Recent administrations with the LEAST criminal indictments:

Obama (Democrat) — 0

Carter (Democrat) — 1

Clinton (Democrat) — 2"

Please Republicans stop being so incompetent. Please indict just one Democrat!!

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

As for Gen Flynn, are you kidding me! The guy, Trump's National Security Secretary, was a secret paid operative for Turkey and lied to Mike Pence and President Trump about it. He and his son had all kinds of illegal troubles, including Pizza Gate and a plot to kidnap a Turkish cleric residing here in the US in exile, for 15 million dollars. Not to mention his conversations with Russian officials regarding sanctions, that he lied to the FBI about.

Flynn took a plea deal, and copped to a lesser charge, lying to the FBI, in exchange for a light sentence, no charges against his son, and he would assist the government in ongoing investigations.

He reneged on assisting the FEDS and now says he was coerced? LOL Great! give him a trial on the whole shebang then, not just his perjury charges.

That's patently false and an example of the BS lies you consume from fake news media.

And in the case of Michael Flynn’s false-statements conviction, as McCabe himself acknowledged to the House Intelligence Committee, even the agents who interviewed him did not believe he intentionally misled them.

He was coerced into a Guilty plea, with which he has WITHDRAWN.

Flynn, with whom the FBI conducted a brace-style interview — at the White House, without his counsel present, and in blithe disregard of procedures for FBI interviews of the president’s staff — despite the absence of a sound investigative basis for doing so, and whom Mueller’s maulers squeezed into a guilty plea anyway.

You views on Flynn are so comical that you've got it completely wrong.
Flynn is an American hero, you? Lol.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I wouldn't call it a defense if the person saying it was the actual witness who was supposedly threatened. If the court says you threaten me, and I said no you did not, I never felt threaten. Is it right for the court to say...well you still threaten me so you broke the law and we will give you a few years?

The evidence had to be more than just one person's word:

"During the trial, prosecutors revealed evidence showing Stone threatened Credico multiple times not to comply with the congressional investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election. "

If you do the crime, you do the time!

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Trump (Republican) — 215
Obama (Democrat) — 0

I throw it back at ya... Do you think the Dems are so innocent and the Reps are such criminals. I see it now... Trump is a criminal because he has had 215, its like the tail is wagging the dog here. One of the reason the Reps lost the house is because they said right up front they would not indict Obama pretty much no matter what.

I also don't think Obama was under an FBI investigation from day one for three years with everyone within 4 degrees of Kevin Bacon investigated. He was in a love fest with everyone no matter what he did. Could you imagine if Trump weaponized three letter agencies including the IRS for political gains, or did something like the FAST and Furious?

What we been seeing with Trump has been nothing but a 2020 election playbook from the Dems.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I think everyone sees Stone as not a great person, who been playing the political field for like 50 years. My point wasn't about how good or bad Stone is as it was more about the system in how a first time non-violent offender can possibly get 9 years.

I'm not going to labour on here since the subject matter, Mr Stone seems to be your only concern, I don't think you are genuinely interested in 'first-time' offenders per se, more that Mr Stone is a political person who aided a very controversial person, a crook even, who happens to be the US president.
So, let's take some other people who have been put away, bankers! (quite a few of them actually) over the 2007/8 banking crisis.
Most of them have similar actual sentences in the band around three to six years, others around less than three years like Kareem Serageldin, USA 2 years and six months, and then Giovanni Berneschi, Italy 8 years and seven months.
So, there is nothing really exceptional around the Stone hearings at all, though I guess a lot of people have little to say about a banker's conviction...just that they are convicted that is, when you consider millions of ordinary, certainly not wealthy people, lost the homes they very often couldn't afford....the American nightmare rather than the American dream, nor did it just happen to Americans, nor is that nightmare really over!
Think about that.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

The evidence had to be more than just one person's word:

It doesn't matter if 20 people heard it, if the person says there was no threat in his words how can the court say otherwise.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Kareem Serageldin, USA 2 years and six months, and then Giovanni Berneschi...Italy doesn't matter

2.5 years is rather different than 7 to 9, don't you think? One cost billions in fraud and dubious practices and the other was basically a threat to kick the guys ass and take his dog, which the witness laughed off saying no big deal... Seeing Stone trying to kick someone's butt would be laughable.

At the end of the day they went into their tally machine and came up with 7 to 9. Do you think if they suggested 2.5 anyone would even blink over it?

edit on 16-2-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

That's patently false and an example of the BS lies you consume from fake news media.

Prove it. Prove that Mike Pence and President Trump knew Flynn was being paid to represent Turkish interests while he was Trump's National Security advisor. Prove that his son wasn't promoting Pizza Gate from his office in the White House, and prove that they weren't involved in a kidnapping scheme for $15 million dollars for the Turkish government, as they stand accused.

Prove to me that Judge Sullivan was satisfied with Flynn's assistance to the FEDs in ongoing criminal cases.

Prove these things to be false before you call me a liar again.

If Flynn is allowed to withdraw his guilty plea, then he will be tried for all of the above.

edit on 16-2-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

"Recent administrations with the MOST criminal indictments:
Trump (Republican) — 215 Nixon
(Republican) — 76 Reagan
(Republican) — 26
"Recent administrations with the LEAST criminal indictments:
Obama (Democrat) — 0
Carter (Democrat) — 1
Clinton (Democrat) — 2"

So , you concur with the fact that Republicans do a much better job at "cleaning house" ?
Or , are you just making numbers up again , as you did not cite a source ?

edit on 2/16/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Kareem Serageldin, USA 2 years and six months, and then Giovanni Berneschi...Italy doesn't matter

2.5 years is rather different than 7 to 9, don't you think?
At the end of the day they went into their tally machine and came up with 7 to 9. Do you think if they suggested 2.5 anyone would even blink over it?

I didn't put 2.5 years in my actual post, I did put it in to begin with though, but that was before I actually posted, then changed it two years and six months for the purpose of the post.
Funny that!!!

Can you watch people as they type?

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Can you watch people as they type?

I know what you think....

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

More cheap lies and BS accusations coming from you! I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked!

Can you be specific so we can have a chance to separate fact from fiction for ourselves? You don't have much street cred for saying something is BS on face value of your opinion. Everyone including me and you should always support our claims specifically.
edit on 17-2-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Criminal Justice Reform is being implemented. Rapists only get 5 years now.

All Stone was convicted of was telling a lie to investigators. (gasp!)

Never mind Stone was convicted on 7 counts which lengthened his sentence. What is important here is political party comes before country and the rule-of-law.

Did you read what you wrote here again yet?

You might hope that never happens officially since the Democrats are doing it unofficially today in Feb of 2020 and we see it is an abysmal mess that could end in Treason charges.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   

a reply to: Arnie123

Prove it. Prove that Mike Pence and President Trump knew Flynn was being paid to represent Turkish interests while he was Trump's National Security advisor. Prove that his son wasn't promoting Pizza Gate from his office in the White House, and prove that they weren't involved in a kidnapping scheme for $15 million dollars for the Turkish government, as they stand accused.

Prove to me that Judge Sullivan was satisfied with Flynn's assistance to the FEDs in ongoing criminal cases.

Prove these things to be false before you call me a liar again.

If Flynn is allowed to withdraw his guilty plea, then he will be tried for all of the above.

He is, by withdrawing his Guilty Plea you Ninny, lol 😂

You're a liar, as a result of the liberal media you consume, own it.

If and when Flynn walks, I'm going to post the victory to your message box 😘
I can't wait for your excuses, but considering how shallow you are, you'll probably dismiss it as another right wingnut conspiracy *shrugs*

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Stone should not serve any prison time. As a penalty for treason he should get the firing squad. Kill any relatives too, we don't want their genetic material swimming in our pool. It also creates a new and very powerful deterrent from those whom would follow in his footsteps.

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RenaJN

They really should just kill everyone who thinks like Stone, put 'em all in camps or something!

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

"Threatened" witness says Stone doesn't deserve jail time

“I am writing to respectfully yet fervently implore you not to send Roger Stone to prison when he is sentenced before your Honor,” Credico wrote in a letter

The witness, Randy Credico, a left-wing activist, comedian and radio talk show host, and a one-time friend of Stone whose testimony was crucial to the government’s case, told U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson that he had testimony that might have helped Stone’s defense, but he wasn’t asked about it at the trial.

But Credico is asking Jackson not to incarcerate him at all, saying he never actually felt threatened by Stone.

“The answer would have been the same,” Credico wrote. “I never in any way felt that Stone himself posed a direct physical threat to me or to my dog. I chalked up his bellicose tirades to ‘Stone being Stone.’ All bark and no bite!”

Of course, we know some of you won't care about these facts, since all you're concerned about is a political narrative.
edit on 17 2 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join