It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

** BREAKING ** UN's WHO panders to China on coronavirus

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It is no longer a fringe or conspiracy site theory.

Mainstream news : The UN's World Health Organisation along with its' leader, "doctor" Tedros Adhanom, are now accused in the MSM of delaying the WHO's response to the coronavirus outbreak:

www.news.com.au... 07

“(The agency) has great difficulty in being openly critical of a member state...."

So, essentially, the WHO's only role is that of a political puppet, paid for by Western taxpayers

And this is AFTER reforms Adhanom had assured would be made after the deadly outbreak of ebola, FIVE years ago.
www.worldpoliticsreview.com...

NOTHING has changed.
Just more proof that the WHO, and the UN as a whole are completely USELESS and UNFIXABLE.
This should serve as a wake up call to those/leftists that keep bringing up the "UN" as a "model"

IT is clear - the UN is a lost cause.
Use of the taxpayer money is better served by spending it directly in each of the member countries

But now it is even worse than mere money.
MORE people will DIE because of the UN's WHO politically delayed response !!
UN causes MORE * dead * people.
DEAD!

No UN = LESS dead people.

ABOLISH THE UN!
NOW!

edit on 15-2-2020 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Basically, the coronovirus outbreak is being over expressed. It is a threat, but worrying citizens is not necessary. MSM wants to blow up the Coronavirus like they blew up Ebola. Ebola never became a big threat but the media made it seem like it was going to be the end of the world. Just like the Zika virus was overplayed which made Florida spray everything in site in some areas which sickened their citizens just because a few of that type of mosquitoes were found there.

I do not blame WHO for downplaying this, MSM accusing them of not being strongly making the public fear is normal these days. The stress of worrying can make more people sick than this disease does, it stimulates the immune system to overreact if you get stressed.

Yes, we should all get prepared in case there is a pandemic, that is something everyone should do. Masks and food in case the government goes balistic and shuts everything down in your area. Yes, the health departments getting prepared is good, that makes it so we do not need to fear so much.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Hi M5.
Seems like WHO funding is as fuzzy, as any of these humongous organizations.

There may be boatloads of cash coming in from Big Pharma, and some dirty rotten foundations:

andrewharmer.org: Who’s funding WHO?

( Sorry, don't know anything about that source. Just submitted for part of the discussion. )

Do your own research folks.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I posted about him about a week ago. The TV show here which has daily news of importance said that he is in good with the Chinese leaders and what ever comes out of his mouth is a joke. Every one laughs here when his name is brought up.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

It's better to be prepared then to be unprepared.

China was clearly prepared for this, they saw what SARS did and they learned from it, actually, we should praising China's response, and letting out bits of information not only to keep hysteria under control, but to keep wild allegations under control.

This should be a valuable lesson to be honest, information is at everyone's finger tips now days, listen to experts, and teach people to do their own damn research to know what this virus actually is. Not just blindly listen to random websites and forums. The WHO made a statement, to warn us, it's not their job to spoon feed scholarly articles to every person on the planet and dumb it down for us that we aren't immortal, and a virus can kill people.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I posted about him about a week ago. The TV show here which has daily news of importance said that he is in good with the Chinese leaders and what ever comes out of his mouth is a joke. Every one laughs here when his name is brought up.

Except for the fact that WHO's delays and epic incompetence is causing MORE people to DIE.

That's the not-so-funny part....

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The World Health Organization most likely have the best research and medical teams in the world.
Imagine what they could do without political interference from the UN.
Just sayin

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

It's better to be prepared then to be unprepared.

China was clearly prepared for this, they saw what SARS did and they learned from it, actually, we should praising China's response, and letting out bits of information not only to keep hysteria under control, but to keep wild allegations under control.

This should be a valuable lesson to be honest, information is at everyone's finger tips now days, listen to experts, and teach people to do their own damn research to know what this virus actually is. Not just blindly listen to random websites and forums. The WHO made a statement, to warn us, it's not their job to spoon feed scholarly articles to every person on the planet and dumb it down for us that we aren't immortal, and a virus can kill people.

Yes.
And Kudos to the Chinese for what they have been able to do so far....still concerned about the underreporting of true numbers by China, though.

However, it IS the job of the WHO to coordinate global responses.
In this case, not only were the WHO of NO help, the WHO delayed matters.

WHO is more than just wasting money.

The money wasted on keeping WHO (and the UN) going makes matters WORSE :
- MORE sick people
- MORE dead people

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
The World Health Organization most likely have the best research and medical teams in the world.
Just sayin

No.
The CDC does (and other developed world labs).

Imagine what they could do with the money WASTED on the WHO and the UN.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Trump needs to collect dues from UN countries to pay for the building and all the aid countries get. There is nothing uniting about the UN.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Good thing Trump just proposed to slash a lot of the CDCs funding ...

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I don't think there's an overreaction.

Would China bluff about the danger this holds to them? If so, which way would they do it? Is China overreacting by quarantining a reported 60~ million while restricting travel of vast amounts more impeding their very own economy to scare the west? Or are they downplaying the severity of the threat they're facing?

Lets just say this gets twice as bad in China without spreading to other nations in a serious manner. I still think the world will feel the ripples of China doing a controlled burn on their economy so to speak.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I don't think there's an overreaction.

Would China bluff about the danger this holds to them? If so, which way would they do it? Is China overreacting by quarantining a reported 60~ million while restricting travel of vast amounts more impeding their very own economy to scare the west? Or are they downplaying the severity of the threat they're facing?

Lets just say this gets twice as bad in China without spreading to other nations in a serious manner. I still think the world will feel the ripples of China doing a controlled burn on their economy so to speak.

China is doing this to stop the spread of the disease, but actually there are not that many people dying from the coronavirus. Confirmed cases are low because to the majority of people this virus is just another pain in the butt that makes them lose some work and feel crappy for a week or so. The old there are getting hit hard because their immune systems are worn out already, just as old people who get the flu here die. If it was not the flu, another bug would get the old people because they are old and fragile.

Lots of people get sepsis when they get sick, there has always been lots of deaths from the sepsis cytokine storms. Sepsis in an old people is like a side effect of old age. The immune system does not detect the virus fast enough, then when the virus takes hold, the immune system goes wild. Some of the common medicines given to seniors can cause the immune system to not identify the virus or microbes right away and then go overboard when it discovers that they exist in numbers. Our immune system chemicals give us most of the symptoms of a virus. Same thing happens with some fungal infections and also some bacterial infections.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   

If it's not a serious threat to most people, and just like the flu or a cold... Why wouldn't China just let it ride out while doing standard efforts to minimizing impact?

Their reaction is unprecedented, all while they tell the global community they have it under control.

We don't know the R0 yet. If it's high enough, even if it was comperable to the flu it could distress Healthcare facilities like it has reportedly done in Wuhan. If that happens in other Chinese mega cities we'll all feel a hit.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Except for the fact that WHO's delays and epic incompetence is causing MORE people to DIE.

Can you name one publicly funded goverment organisation that is actually competent at what they do, like anywhere in the world ?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

If it's not a serious threat to most people, and just like the flu or a cold... Why wouldn't China just let it ride out while doing standard efforts to minimizing impact?

Their reaction is unprecedented, all while they tell the global community they have it under control.

We don't know the R0 yet. If it's high enough, even if it was comperable to the flu it could distress Healthcare facilities like it has reportedly done in Wuhan. If that happens in other Chinese mega cities we'll all feel a hit.

You got to remember, the ratio of the deaths to the verified cases is not too high, but I would bet there are ten times as many people at any time that have the virus that are just getting milder effects. Which means there could be two a half a million people who actually got the disease and got over it or still have it and they have built resistance up. The ones who go to the Hospital are usually the worst cases. Here, most people do not go to the hospital or their doctor when they get the flu, they know the doctors usually do not do anything anyway, they go to the drug store and get some meds and just let it run it's course. Same with the common cold, not many people even go to the doctor when they get a cold. I have never gone to the doctor for a cold, and have never gone to the doctors for a stomach bug, you get those every so often, but they call it the two day virus, most people talk to others who had it and if they say it does not last long, they just wait it out.

The wife gets the flu once in a while, she also gets the shot, she rarely ever goes to the doctor when she gets the flu, neither do most of my friends. Many cases of mild food poison never wind up at the doctors either, why go there and be exposed to other sick people coughing when you are already sick?

The numbers of cases of flu in the USA in a year are based on what I am saying, estimates of how many people actually get the flu are way higher than the number that actually go to the doctors, they have formulas to estimate that stuff they use to do their figures.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I agree the UN isn't working as intended.

It's a lot of wasted money I could have used.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I agree the UN isn't working as intended.

It's a lot of wasted money I could have used.

I'm pretty sure it's set up exactly like it was intended to by the people that set it up.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Good thing Trump just proposed to slash a lot of the CDCs funding ...

Yes, bad move, agreed.

However, Trump is the "least bad" among politicians

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: M5xaz

Can you name one publicly funded goverment organisation that is actually competent at what they do, like anywhere in the world ?

The CDC
The NIH and the Surgeon General to lesser degrees.

Yes, all government funded entities waste some of their money, but they accomplish most or at least some of their goals.

Only the WHO/UN not only wastes the money, not only does not reach ANY of their goals, but they actually, CONSISTENTLY, make everything WORSE.

Again, abolish the UN

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join