It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LMAO...Klobuchar Now Says English Shouldn't Be Official Language of U.S.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

NWO a-go-go 😆 👁️ 😆

Amy Klobuchar Hides Her Support for Exporting College Graduate Jobs to India

Democrat Sen. Amy Klobuchar is touting her support for amnesty and easy migration of blue-collar workers — but she is hiding her support for laws that allow employers to hire foreign graduates for the white-collar jobs needed by Klobuchar’s college graduate progressive voters.

“We know that immigrants don’t diminish America, they are America,” she told a February 13 event in Nevada organized by the League of United Latin American Citizens. She continued:

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:17 PM
link   
She needs deporting to a none English speaking country

Doesn’t she know she’d need a big army to steal land

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
In all seriousness having somebody drive on American roads that can't read English is dangerous as hell.

Not to mention the logistics of it all my old high school, for instance, has one of the most diverse student bodies in Georgia. They do their best because they pull in students from Mexico all over South America as well as many Asian and Carribean countries. Having signage and forms in all languages of all the students isn't feasible. Not to mention parent-teacher conferences PTA etc. They finally at least started to address some of these issues but it is by no means all-encompassing. You can only have so many translators and you cant print everything in every language, it's essentially more than one family member learn basic English makes is so much easier for the student.

For example not only was attendance low on meet the teacher's day, but most were also left with communicating through the student to their parents. needless to say when there were sometimes issues some students wouldn't exactly translate what the teacher was saying if it was bad. They have more translators now but are also doing learn English classes for anyone who wants to attend twice a week in the evening and they have had a great turnout. One teacher even offers it throughout the summer off-campus.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Terrible idea.

Too bad we are already doing it, and have been since 2007, when Amy Klobuchar voted against it.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

In all seriousness having somebody drive on American roads that can't read English is dangerous as hell.

And yet, it's not illegal in any state.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So now every department needs to hire at least 1 person who can read every language on Earth?

You don't think it's worth having a translator for someone who was the victim of, or witnessed, or has information about a crime?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: ketsuko

Understand that the lesson is a sound one no matter where it comes from.

You cannot unify with people you cannot even communicate with which was the whole point of God breaking them up with different languages in the end.

Which is why there should be documents and forms available in other languages besides English, so that we can all communicate with one another.

When you see those United Nations meetings and everyone is wearing headphones, that's because someone is translating what the speaker is saying into their own language for them, so they can understand what's going on, and all be on the same page, so to speak.

Yes, and the UN is a TERRIBLE example of poor governance, massive corruption, graft, stupidity and incompetence.

Just like your failed/drunk "hero"/mother, Hillary

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Does that have to do with the driving test being in english?

Maybe they should give drivers tests in all the foreign languages you can find and then add all the foreign languages to all the road and highway signs so all those languages will be represented.
How would that work out?
Or we can just use english.

a reply to: putnam6

And yet, it's not illegal in any state.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Mexico has an official language. (hint: it's not English).

In fact if you don't speak Spanish that isn't a problem for a Mexican criminal court, who will often refuse to provide translations services. They figure your lawyer can translate for you.

It is almost impossible for a US citizen to become a citizen of Mexico.

And non-citizens are not allowed to own stuff in Mexico. You have to pay a lawyer, and pay him to own it for you.

Liberals have the Effed up idea that America is this hick-hole backwater, when actually it is probably the most cosmopolitan place on earth.

If you imagine it is difficult being a muslim Arab in the United States, you ought to try it out in France...

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I like Klobuchar. I think she has a great chance to beat Trump if she gets the nomination.

Phttttt. She couldn’t beat Trump at Tic Tac Toe with a three move head start.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

Or visiting another country on a temporary work visa for that matter. It was a massive pain in the rear to get work visa's for some countries I've had to do business in. Yet I also know, as an American citizen, that process was expedited compared to what others have to deal with. We are insanely tolerant here in the states when it comes to immigration, hence why all the illegal immigration, they know they'll get benefits if they make it here unlike other countries.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I like Klobuchar. I think she has a great chance to beat Trump if she gets the nomination.

Cool.

I mind her less than Biden or Von Bloomberg.

Listening to her, she seems a bit... facile. Like she is trying to figure out what people want to hear, so she can hurry up and say it. I guess she seems like she'd say anything, to please people. Who knows what she really thinks? I don't think she's malignant, just a people pleaser (which, a lot of democrats could argue, would be a step up.).

How do you think she'd stand up to Putin?

Or Iran kidnapping--er, arresting, a dozen navy seamen when their outboard motor dies and they drift in to Iran-claimed water-space in the straights of Hormuz? Will she fly 4 billion to Tehran, to buy them back?

Seriously. That's my litmus test.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

a reply to: ketsuko

Understand that the lesson is a sound one no matter where it comes from.

You cannot unify with people you cannot even communicate with which was the whole point of God breaking them up with different languages in the end.

Which is why there should be documents and forms available in other languages besides English, so that we can all communicate with one another.

When you see those United Nations meetings and everyone is wearing headphones, that's because someone is translating what the speaker is saying into their own language for them, so they can understand what's going on, and all be on the same page, so to speak.

Yes, and the UN is a TERRIBLE example of poor governance, massive corruption, graft, stupidity and incompetence.

Just like your failed/drunk "hero"/mother, Hillary

I didn't use the Un as an example of governance. I used it as an example of people who all speak different languages being able to communicate with one another.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Does that have to do with the driving test being in english?

Take The DMV Written Test In A Foreign Language www.dmvcheatsheets.com...

I went to Greece this past summer for a friend's wedding. Guess what?! I drove around, not being able to speak or read Greek! Turns out traffic signs are kind universal and self explanatory.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Americans don't actually speak English.

It is definitely American.

This is English:

edit on 15/2/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 05:40 AM
link   
LMAO...Klobuchar Now Says English Shouldn't Be Official Language of U.S.

In the land of the free and the home of the brave, and supposed EQUALITY.

Why shouldn't there be a single universal language a countries people can use to talk to one another?

Seems an inclusive thing to do.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Just a Question maybe be Silly but
What Language here on ATS is Everyone Typing in ?a reply to: Sookiechacha

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Structurally, it is English.

From a linguistic standpoint they are the same. When you look at the deep structure of the language used there are a number of dialects of English that are unquestionably still English even though they may use almost all their words from foreign languages and thus be pretty well incomprehensible to those we normally think of as English speakers, but break down the structure of the language/dialect spoken and it's English structure.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman462002
Just a Question maybe be Silly but
What Language here on ATS is Everyone Typing in ?a reply to: Sookiechacha

I'm using one of the variants of the Sami language. How about you? I was pleasantly surprised that Razer sells keyboards for it.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Klobuchar was one of 17 Democrats to support a 2007 amendment that would have reversed President Bill Clinton’s executive order requiring federal agencies to provide materials in languages other than English. It passed 64-33, but the larger immigration bill died.

The issue at hand is whether or not the USA should print forms in more languages than English. I happen to think the government should print forms in more languages than just English. I'm glad Amy Klobuchor has changed her mind, and now thinks so too.

So how many would you print? There are over 6000 world wide the government would be flooded by paperwork. so lets say you decided to pick 100 who decides? then you still need to have people that can read them imagine how much that will cause the government to balloon to. Only makes sense for any government to pick one language just from a money aspect.
edit on 2/16/20 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join