It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LMAO...Klobuchar Now Says English Shouldn't Be Official Language of U.S.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
English is a white language. Of course they want to get rid of it.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

I am pretty sure that the language that the U.S. Constitution was written in is the official language of said country.

I'm pretty sure that in 2020, the United States of America still has no official language.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Sookiechacha

It would to the person receiving said form now wouldn't it?

If I'm the good little bureaucrat in question, and I receive form 2B in triplicate and Swahili, and I don't happen to know Swahili, what am I supposed to do?

I don't know. What are you supposed to do, throw it in the trash?

Do all government workers speak Spanish? What's a government worker supposed to do with a Spanish speaking client?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I understand that religion is anathema to you, but there is a lesson in the Tower of Babel story. How many languages do you think a nation can accommodate and still remain a nation, one nation?

If you go outside in the morning and cannot carry on a conversation with any one of your neighbors, your children cannot go to school and speak with their classmates because none of them speak in the same language, if you go to the store but cannot count on anything being in any consistent language because all of them are perfectly fine, and so on and so forth ... oh! how about going to work and finding out that your new boss doesn't speak the same language/s you do so you have no clue what directives you're receiving now are ....

How long can that nation survive when no one can count on being able to directly and easily communicate with any single other person in their daily lives? This is what the progressive idea of accommodating every single language promotes.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I am pretty sure that the language that the U.S. Constitution was written in is the official language of said country.

I'm pretty sure that in 2020, the United States of America still has no official language.

Okay then, lets make it official. What would it hurt? A bunch of people walking around not being able to understand what one another is saying doesn't make for functional place to be.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

She probably said that to get the Latino vote in Nevada.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

That's what the translators you're whining about are for.

But more importantly, that's why part of the citizenship process is to learn English unless you're 55 or older.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I understand that religion is anathema to you, but there is a lesson in the Tower of Babel story. How many languages do you think a nation can accommodate and still remain a nation, one nation?

LOL You're a real piece of work, using religious fables to justify discriminating against people who don't speak English.

For the record, I think a nation can handle as many languages as our globe can handle, and still be one nation. If we live with one another, eventually, we'll all learn enough of each other's language that we can foil your God's language curse!

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

But more importantly, that's why part of the citizenship process is to learn English unless you're 55 or older.

This isn't about citizenship. Do you think only US citizens would need access to government documents and forms?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

How many other nations around the world do you think you'd go to and find government documents and forms in every other language across the face of the earth?

Do you think the CCP makes that available for foreigners?

Understand as someone who speaks English, you carry a privilege there, but what about someone who speaks one of the Sami languages? Do you think that person will be accommodated across every different region of the globe and if it is, will it be proper variant of Sami at that?

Of course, other countries don't end up being run by people who feel bad they exist as they do, too.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

LOL You're a real piece of work, using religious fables to justify discriminating against people who don't speak English.

Discrimination? How is declaring the Language that a Country is based off of the Official Language discrimination?

Maybe you do not understand English enough to know that, and if so I am sure there is a document that can be printed from an online resource somewhere to explain it to you, but it's not.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I think the official language of The U.S. should be " Cockney Rhyming Slang "

Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The same way not opening our borders is racist and inhumane...medicaid for all who can get here!
Vote democrat, and we'll throw in free college just to sweeten the pot.

originally posted by: highvein

Discrimination? How is declaring the Language that a Country is based off of the Official Language discrimination?

Maybe you do not understand English enough to know that, and if so I am sure there is a document that can be printed from an online resource somewhere to explain it to you, but it's not.

edit on 15-2-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

How many other nations around the world do you think you'd go to and find government documents and forms in every other language across the face of the earth?

I don't see why not. Again, for online forms and documents, once there is a translation, there's no reason not to make the information or form available in that language.

Most forms require simply yes or no answers, names, dates, addresses and numbers. Most forms don't require essay answers.
edit on 15-2-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Why would any non-citizen or person not seeking to become a citizen would need our governmental forms? Travelers? Because I hate to tell you, when I travel, 99% of the time I have to Google translate the forms of the country I'm going to if there is some special process I have to follow. If Google translate doesn't do the job, guess what, I have to hire a translator. While the official language may not be English here, it should be, standardize on it, and call it a day. If you can't manage to get by, or be bothered to learn English, then tough.

I would never go to another country and expect them to cater to my whims just because I don't speak their language. It's an extraordinarily entailed mindset that believes that everyone should be catered to.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Understand that the lesson is a sound one no matter where it comes from.

You cannot unify with people you cannot even communicate with which was the whole point of God breaking them up with different languages in the end.

How many stories can you think of where you have two people who have to overcome differences in order to succeed and they both speak a different language where one of the first orders of business was to learn each other's languages so that they can communicate?

There have been entire movies done around contact with aliens that hinge just on that -- learning how to speak with them.

But now, the democrats tell us it's no big thing if we cannot even communicate with our own neighbors because we don't insist on having at least one common language. Perhaps they really don't want to unify the country? Have you really thought that far?

edit on 15-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

We're talking about the availability of information and forms in languages other than English. It's not that complicated.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
We don't have an official language, and we don't need one. I think that was her point. Didn't watch the video though, because I don't really care. Just another "LoLz t3H LiBz" thread.

The Constitution and Bill of Rights was written in the language most recognized by the founding fathers, which was:

a) Cuneiform
b) Hieroglyphics
c) English
d) Latin
e) Spanish
f) French

Meh...

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Immigrants need to assimilate, that would include learning the language and currency.
Anyone who does not promote the learning of english to immigrants in America is doing them a disservice.
They don't call them foreign languages for nothing.

I don't see why not. Again, for online forms and documents, once there is a translation, there's no reason not to make the information or form available in that language.

Most forms require simply yes or no answers, names, dates, addresses and numbers. Most forms don't require essay answers.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

But think of the trees Sookie how many extra trees this would take.....

Like I said, most documents and forms are online now. It makes no difference what language is on the paper once you hit print.

These poor discriminated against people have computers and the internet ? I thought they were barely eeking out a living?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join