It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LMAO...Klobuchar Now Says English Shouldn't Be Official Language of U.S.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Just another day and another idiotic comment from a Democratic presidential candidate.

Look, I get that many don't like or trust president Trump. But how can anyone support these Democratic knuckleheads?

How can people believe that promising "free stuff," won't damage the strong economy we're enjoying now? And why in God's name would you want to change the national language of the U.S.? Who in their right mind would think of doing such a thing? Oh, I think I know....

A panderer is someone who tries to please others, not to help them but for an ulterior motive. A panderer kisses up to get something. A panderer is sometimes vulgar. Politicians are often panderers, especially the ones who say or do anything to get a vote or raise money.

www.vocabulary.com...

Democratic presidential candidate Amy Klobuchar says she no longer believes English should be the national language of the U.S., disavowing a vote she took more than a decade ago as she tries to build support in a state where Hispanics make up a critical constituency.

After focusing much of her campaign on the first two voting states — Iowa and New Hampshire, both predominantly white — she’s now navigating a much more diverse electorate, where some of her moderate positions and willingness to vote with her Republican colleagues could be a liability.

apnews.com...

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

English. English is the most popular second language in the world, with 1.4 billion native and non-native speakers combined. One in five people globally speaks at least some English, so even if you don't speak the native language of your interlocutor, it's likely you'll be able to communicate in English.

Source

It seems rediculous to downplay the power of the English language in our current global world. Unless you want to hinder others from communicating globally?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Klobuchar was one of 17 Democrats to support a 2007 amendment that would have reversed President Bill Clinton’s executive order requiring federal agencies to provide materials in languages other than English. It passed 64-33, but the larger immigration bill died.

The issue at hand is whether or not the USA should print forms in more languages than English. I happen to think the government should print forms in more languages than just English. I'm glad Amy Klobuchor has changed her mind, and now thinks so too.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Most dangerous people in the world are educated idiots.

She is no exception and should go back to where she came from.

The Muppet Show.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Election year pandering point.

One side wants to garner support for pushing to make english the official language and the other for opposing.

In the end it makes no difference. Things will still be printed in different languages and the state will have to provide interpreters for people who don't speak english.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

KungFu Panderer, also, Booker is probably spewin he didn't say that on the debate stage in Spanish.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The Dems are not offering “free stuff”

They are offering to take more from everyone to “try” to provide more for everyone.

Essentially: You don’t know how to spend your own money so give it all to us, we’ll waste half of it and provide a $hit version of what we promised and we expect a thank you.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It's a kitchen table issue that the other candidates have ignored. I am thankful at least one democrat has the guts to make a stand on this major issue facing our great nation.
Amy Klobuchar, championing the cause:
Print Government Forms In More Languages.

Trump has been an obstacle to this long awaited change in our bureaucracy, look at Amy taking advantage of the momentum she has created from finishing..ahem..3rd in New Hampshire. You go girl.

edit on 15-2-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
When she said that was she speaking in English?
I'm already tired of having to press 1 to hear things in English
America has been speaking English since it was founded why should we change the language to suit the illegal aliens
The aliens that come here legally go through a port of entry and learn English and history of the country and apply for citizenship
No need to cater to the illegals just because the democrats want them here to vote for them
Next thing they'll want us to learn is Klingon just incase they make contact

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
European politicians are insane, but the level of insanity coming from US politicians knows no bounderies. Why in hell would you want to change the national language. Just because some people managed to sneak over the border?

The Democratic party are absolute traitors to the people and country. So are our European leaders. We're all in the same boat. I hope you guys stay strong, and if all else fails, you know... give the traitors special treatment. Back in the day it worked wonders.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

How many languages should that be?

I once taught at a middle school that had as many 30 different languages represented by the student body. Imagine how many more you'd be printing in if you did every single one spoken by any legal resident of the US. You could likely add some if we added in the illegal residents of the US, too.

So then, admitting that's a crazy number of languages to represent and expect to find and hire people who know, how do you pick the ones you will represent, and what makes those more worthy than all the rest? I mean, we are dedicated to inclusivity aren't we? So why exclude this or that language? Are you trying to invalidate people?

So let's get back to the idea that maybe having one official language for government is best after all.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I happen to think the government should print forms in more languages than just English.

Why?

And how does English being the official language make it more difficult to print forms in other languages? That's just ridiculous. How can that be even considered a major concern or even a talking point in the campaign when there are some many other National Concerns that out rank that concern.

It makes her appear as if she is not a big picture kind of person.

The Tower of Babel comes to mind when thinking about this matter.

I'm glad Amy Klobuchor has changed her mind, and now thinks so too.

Why do you think she flip flopped? What changed her mind? Votes?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
American English or the Queens??

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

We couldn't even handle the Metric system, change our language and we will quit.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Most government forms are accessible online now, and can be printed in whatever language translators have already translated them into. Just about every Government agency, including the IRS, have documents and forms online, and computer kiosks in their waiting rooms.

That's a whole lot cheaper than having to have translators available for every client that doesn't read or speak English well enough not accurately fill out the forms.

edit on 15-2-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Klobberchair is deliberately tanking her candidacy 🤣 🤓 🤣

Instructions from DNC operations headquarters 🤣🤓🤣

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

It's as if the Dem Leadership don't care about the trees any longer. Wouldn't that escalate climate change, according to their data? I am starting to understand why Bloomberg decided to distance himself from the party leadership so much.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Most government forms are accessible online now, and can be printed in whatever language translators have already translated them into. Just about every Government agency, including the IRS, have documents and forms online, and computer kiosks in their waiting rooms.

That's a whole lot cheaper than having to have translators available for every client that doesn't read or speak English well enough not accurately fill out the forms.

How would that change by declaring English the official language? Do you think people will not be able to do that any longer?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

And how does English being the official language make it more difficult to print forms in other languages?

That's not what she was asked. She was asked if she still stands behind her controversial vote from 2007, to overturn President's Clinton's Executive Order that mandated the government to print forms in foreign languages, that ultimately didn't pass.

She doesn't. I say, "Good".

Klobuchar was one of 17 Democrats to support a 2007 amendment that would have reversed President Bill Clinton’s executive order requiring federal agencies to provide materials in languages other than English. It passed 64-33, but the larger immigration bill died.

edit on 15-2-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
We should change the name of the country while we're at it.

The United States of America is an obviously racist and hateful name. We should instead be The Federated States of Reeeee.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join