It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can anyone answer this question?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If you are in the intelligence depatment are you allowed to have a tattoo?

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   
According to Government Regs, thats clarified as "what is considered "defacing" Government property."

When applied to a person or individual employed by said Government, that is open to "interpretation."

It has been known cases of person's or individual's receiving "written warning's", etc. of that nature upon returning to work with severe sun burn!

Again, the particular "regulations" dealing with such topics are open to "interpretation."

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Seekerof is correct. We are not allowed to have any tattoos. In certain departments, it goes as far as to not allowing any type of man made mark that is identifiable, such as piercings.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
You're allowed to have tattoos, it's where they are that is the problem.

You can not have any tattoos on the face, or across the nose.

Echo if you're receiving that kind of treatment you're in a weird position.

Girls I believe are allowed one set of peicings on their ears.

Guys I don't remember if it is none or one, I think it's none.

but whatever.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Oh thats silly, what are they going to do? fire you over a tat?

If thats the case have it in a place where the sun don't shine

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Oh thats silly, what are they going to do? fire you over a tat?

If thats the case have it in a place where the sun don't shine

I would have to agree with Freemason on this and yes Netchicken, in some cases, there have been terminations because again, when you work for the US Government, "the defacing of Government property" applies to said employed individual.

The Regs. are open to interpretation per employer and area of said employment.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
You are allowed to have one. I know this for fact. Cousin is in MIA and has one. Got it after he joined.

Nightwalker

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Wouldn't that depend on what your job in intelligence is?
An analyst isn't the same as a radar tech who isn't the same as a field agent, who, if I were, I wouldn't have a tat.

But then again, I don't have them anyway. The only IDing marks are scars.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
LOL, TC, scars...they really suck huh. I have six scars on my left index finger alone! I have never counted all my scars for a total, I imagine if I did and had a nickle for every one...well you get the idea.

As for tattoos, I know in certain cases where a waiver is required. I knew a guy who had a rebel flag on his back, he was going to add the names of his children to the banner above it. He needed a waiver to enlist, and to make things even worse, he was accused of being racist by a fellow soldier. Within the week he was discharged, imagine that. Being discharged for having your state flag on your back.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm with Thomas. If you're an undercover agent, or involved in intelligence gathering, a tatoo could be used against you by opposing agencies or saboteurs.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
But only as a field agent. As they are the one who are at risk. not that it would matter, because if an intel agent was ever caught, it is unlikely they will make it out...if you know what I mean. Lets face it, spies are not among those with high life exspectancies.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I can not even belive that is a question

tut tut

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   

tut tut

I just wanted to know(because I heard that it isnt) if it was a good idea to get a tattoo if I wanted to be involved in the Intelligence Agency. If I was to get one it would be on my lower back.

Till Next Time,
BlackRose

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackRose

tut tut

I just wanted to know(because I heard that it isnt) if it was a good idea to get a tattoo if I wanted to be involved in the Intelligence Agency. If I was to get one it would be on my lower back and it wouldnt be big at all.

Till Next Time,
BlackRose

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
As TC said...it depends what department of what Agency you work for...and what that work requires of you.

I do know this: Having an acqaintance who works for the NZSIS, members of that persons particular branch are forbid to have/get tattoos, piercings or even dental work. Dental work is performed 'in house' by an 'approved' Dentist. Any injuries requiring medical attention such as scans, x-rays, stitches etc are again performed 'in house'. Even dyeing ones hair or getting a haircut at a salon is restricted.

This is likely so the person does not generate a traceable record to identify them for whatever reason.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The government won't fire you because you got a tattoo. They prefer agents without them but they're not going to fire the best field agent because he has a tat that says, "I love you mommy"

top topics

join