It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular Mechanics - Inside the Pentagon's Secret UFO Program

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

The government can’t keep its story straight about its involvement with UFO research. After a yearlong investigation, we bust open the files, break through the noise, and reveal the definitive, staggering truth.

Inside the Pentagon's Secret UFO Program

Popular Mechanics has a very long and detailed story on the web on the goverment and it's UAP's. Looks like a lot of digging was done by them.

The story includes AATIP, AAWSAP, Luis Elizondo, Defense Intelligence Agency, Bigelow Aerospace & NIDS, Skinwalker Ranch, Harry Reid and much more.

They got a hold of a 2009 BAASS Ten Month Report.

The revelations in the BAASS report beg the question: Why is the government now insistent it never studied UFOs, and why aren’t these documents being discussed or made available through Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests?

Individuals who worked on the AATIP program say the current uncertainty and confusion was by design and involved a dizzying shell game that’s entirely consistent with how black budget intelligence programs are run. “What you’re dealing with is the very core of government secrecy and how things they absolutely don’t ever want to discuss are kept hidden away,” one former AATIP contractor tells Popular Mechanics.

Sources say the key to understanding current denials of UFO studies in AATIP comes from a phrase stamped on each page of the BAASS Ten Month Report obtained by Popular Mechanics:

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I think the hype Mcmillan kicked was for people who came in the ufo field after the last 2-3 year hubab. Not for people who have this as a hobby and interest. Otherwise the article provides nothing new.

But the good thing that will come from this is the followup research and questions that will eventually surface. Eventually Bigelow will come out and give an interview aswell i hope

Ps at some point the hoarding of ufo databases will be public i hope.It seems bob and co have amassed quite some Gigabytes of knowledge stored
edit on 15-2-2020 by IMSAM because: syntax

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Thanks for pointing to the PM article. Very interesting read.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Good post. I enjoyed the article but I’m still waiting for that staggering truth the article claims it has.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Unidentified Flying Object has a cousin?
Undocumented Illegal Alien?

Both are man-made classifications, creations?
Tesla's stuff was stolen and what of his work have we knowingly benefited from? Plenty!

Ghosts for the most part to me exist just not physical in nature, so it's out of my boundary of game-play.

eta
popular mechanics I thought was the "snopes" side of magazine publications.
edit on (2/15/2020 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Thanks.

I’m still waiting for that staggering truth the article claims it has.

Me too...

Would like to see these doc's!

Finally, while the Pentagon has denied AATIP’s existence after 2012 and that Elizondo was never involved in looking into UFOs, Popular Mechanics has obtained documentation that seems to unambiguously show AATIP was active after the closing of the BAASS AAWSAP contract, Elizondo was running this extension of AATIP, and the efforts to examine UFOs are still currently underway.

Though the documents were unclassified, they contained sensitive information, and the person sharing them did so only under the guarantee that Popular Mechanics would not make them publicly available. The person said they only were willing to share the materials to support Elizondo’s claims, which they say have been unfairly challenged over the last two years. The individual, who is not a government employee, did approve the release of a small section from one of the documents showing the changing of responsibilities before Elizondo left the DoD.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Yes, of course. I thought the same thing. Imho this is what soft disclosure is. I hunger for this subject but unfortunately we still don’t have any definitive evidence.

The article at times made me smile because we (ats) have discussed this subject incessantly and have already made most of the connections this article has.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
A major obstacle that I am not sure has been discussed (awaits correction), is that of the finacial impact to the Government if certain UFO activity was disclosed and the slippery slope it creates, at the troubling end of the spectrum comes when we start addressing animal mutilation where farmers and landowners have been stone walled regarding what the hell is going on, and I certainly do not believe that saying insurance has covered these incidents (if it ever did?) is acceptable if it was know that some outside force "was" causing these incidents, at the very least it is negligence and wrapping it up within national security red tape I feel would not hold when public pressure is applied which would be huge if such disclosure were to happen.

"Cow gone missing or anus removed?, call now to claim"

I will not even get into the Human disappearence aspect of the whole thing.

With the weight of the financial uncertainty aspect of any discloure I am not sure it is a risk they will ever take. If it was as the Governement wants you to believe "there is nothing to see here" nothing regarding UFO activity would be marked as classified not for public view.

Just how does any Governement go about trying to explain their behaviour regarding the matter?, "Ok guys, we need to talk. Are you sitting down"..

The whole thing is just to BIG for the trouble it would cause and it gives a certain amount of plausible deniability as a cloak for their own projects and rhetoric.

Nothing to see here move along...

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I enjoyed the article but I’m still waiting for that staggering truth the article claims it has.

It was a useful summary of everything we already know, albeit a bit word-salady in places, with a pulp fiction-like intro that journos love to use ("As I sit in a small cafe in the shadow of the ancient Roman gates in Trier, Germany...'Was it about UFOs? Of course,' this person whispers with a grin of melodrama.")

But yes, where was the "staggering truth"?

Earlier this week, McMillan similarly hyped up the publication of Tricky Dicky Doty's personal New Mexico police file - which was ultimately interest-free since the FOIA refused to include negative details or any official complaints - eg, Doty's alleged attempted blackmailing of ATS member Shawnna after the SERPO debacle. Instead, we were fed many documents telling us how wonderful Tricky was.

Elizondo and Doty have no doubt benefited from McMillan's work this week, but we have to wait for Gough's response to the latest article to discover any fresh meat or "staggering truth" for the UFO grinder.

edit on 15-2-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Re: "staggering truth"

We should bear in mind the venue in which these comments are being written.

It is pretty impressive that a mainstream publication is discussing these concepts so openly. For the mainstream, the realization that the government takes UFOs seriously -is- staggering.

For those of us who have looked at The Phenomenon for many years ... well yeah, we wonder what the big deal is.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I will never trust either Doty or Elizondo. Like gravitational lensing I try to look around what these two say.

My fear is that this trend of soft disclosure will end and we wont get any more real info for another 20 years.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
For Retired Lt. Mcmillan to get his hands on these documents he has obviously been chosen by TTSA as part of a charm offensive.

Yeh! we know he has his story about seeing a UFO and trying to bring respectable journalism into ufology. But like a few others recently parachuted into the higher echelons of ufology since the inception of TTSA I think we are dealing in far more than happy coincidences.

Who could possibly provide the BAASS report and other information he got his hands on?

Personal Performance Reviews are exempt from FOIA

U.S.C. 552(b)(6)). In other words, because of the personal nature of performance information, FOIA protects the rated employee's privacy....

Source

Yet there at the very top of the the piece is a clipping of Elizondo's Performance Review.

Who else could have provided that?

Why do these things turn up over 2 years after the big announcement to an empty arena? Why does this have to be a game of "he said, she said"? Why do TTSA only have one very tightly controlled UFO case they keep referring to?

All is not what it seems. If you dig deeper you may find other coincidences too

edit on 15/2/2020 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Thank you for you post.

What direction would you suggest digging toward.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
And if you dig even a little bit deeper......

In late 2008 Elizondo joined AATIP

Then he also spent an awful lot of time on extra-curricular activities in 2009 just after he joined AATIP.

Never Ship Empty : Kent Islanders develop system to streamline cargo ship operations

Jan 10, 2010

Kent Islanders Luis Elizondo and John Robert.... formed Never Ship Empty Inc. They have come up with a revolutionary approach to ocean shipping in which the cargo ship is treated much like the 18-wheeler or the freight train part of it goes on to a new job while the other part remains behind to be unloaded....

Last February [2009] they received a patent for their concept, clearing the way for the project to move to the next stage.....

Stardem and also Here

There was also another report...

IDEA FOR HOW SHIPS CAN TRIM TURNAROUND TIMES

Driving over the Bay Bridge on his way to work about four years ago, Luis Elizondo routinely found himself thinking about the large ships he saw waiting in long queues on their way to Baltimore to unload their cargo. Elizondo figured the waiting that crews endure at ports around the world must be wasteful and costly....

So he put his analytical mind to work. Researching the shipping and cargo industry, he and his partner, John Robert, came up with a new way for ships to move cargo around the world....

The next steps for Elizondo and Robert involve partnering with the University of Houston for a feasibility study that would further test their ideas. That study is expected to begin shortly...

Baltimore Sun - Nov 2009

Now if the above is all real and Zondo and his generically named partner spent most of 2009 touting this idea then you'd wonder how much he was really committed to his job controlling program elements of AATIP wouldn't you? Surely he was looking for a way out if this is true?

Of course if this little story was just an intelligence plant (along with the filing of patents too) then it could throw more light on what might be going on. No one ever took up this 'invention' idea did they?

edit on 15/2/2020 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I would say this may not be so much about UFOs or UAPs as it is about National Security. UFO people ignore everything but the UFO angle.

So remember TTSA is actually filed as a company providing SERVICES ALLIED to MOTION PICTURES. Almost everyone on the team has links back to the Military.

Now there isn't much we know about CIA operations for various reasons. But we do know they once also created Studio Six Films. But even if you knew back in 1979 that the CIA had created this front company. How would you even guess what it was really meant to achieve? If you don't know then read the link.

Or who would have known what a humanitarian inoculation project in Pakistan was really set up to do in 2011?. Check the link.

Why does TTSA also employ a bunch of advisors on neuroscience, counter biological weapons, brain injuries and a Biomedical Attorney which no one ever talks about? None of these so called professional journalists seem to want to ask either?

Oh and before I go you probably don't know this one either. Someone else with a keen investment in brain science....This link disappeared the moment Jeff did.

There is a virtual new world in Berlin that is one step closer to replicating the human mind. Thanks to funding from a maverick New York science investor called Jeffrey Epstein, virtual and robotic models of the human brain are moving away from traditional algorithms with deterministic pathways, towards a realm of emotional, less predictable androids.

The exploration of the mind has been a longstanding focus of Jeffrey Epstein, a private hedge funder in New York with an extensive resume in science philanthropy.... According to New York Magazine, Epstein has donated up to $200 million a year to prominent scientists...... Epstein plays an active role in brain institutes around the world.

Maverick Hedge Funder Jeffrey Epstein Funds the First Humanoids in Berlin

There are probably various agendas at play here. Do any of them really involve UFOs?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The World's predominate energy technology has been fossil fuel for almost 200 years. Given the advances we've had in aeronautics and computers you would think we would have replaced fossil fuel by now. Everything is advancing at light speed except energy technologies.

If the Pentagon has UAP's that operate like the ones the Navy encountered it would mean they would have to have a non-fossil-fuel energy source given the way the UAPs perform. I imagine such a technology would NEVER be allowed to be known to exist publicly because of the implications.

edit on 15-2-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
Good post. I enjoyed the article but I’m still waiting for that staggering truth the article claims it has.

It seems I've been waiting every year my whole life for full definitive disclosure. I hope the second coming of Christ or total economic collapse doesn't occur first. I just want to know extraterrestrials exists so I can say "I told you so" and gloat over my skeptic friends. I hope it happens before I die but it better happen sooner than say 20 years from now so I can enjoy it!

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I like the bit where they referenced something Lockheed Martin bloke said about stealth, paraphrasing here but you create something you don’t understand, do you share it across the scientific industry with the likelihood of it being developed by someone else first of go it alone, may take longer and cost more....

What if the US were gifted with a technology at Roswell (shades of Independence Day) or they have proof of technology that can defy space and time.

Interesting read thanks for the link!

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I get it. I’m only in my 40’s but I have been looking up at the sky since I was a boy. My parents would let me sleep outside when I was 6 and I would try and stay awake all night and just look up. An hour ago when I was walking home I saw an out place star and it turned out to be the hubble telescope. My girlfriend and I are on the cusp of buying a house in the hudson valley. I will never go inside again after that.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Im in Garrison ny, not far from the city. Our night sky is still very nice. And we’ve had a few UFO waves. a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

top topics

<<   2 >>

join