It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Barr unintentionally admits that outcomes of investigations will change depending on tweets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
a reply to: carewemust

I couldn't tell you, he wasn't specific enough.

Regardless, the issue is that Trump tweeted disapproval in Stone being convicted, and/or the amount of time the prosecutors recommended Stone should serve.
Barr stated they he agreed that Stones prosecution was sound, but after Trump tweeted there was another announcement from the DOJ that Stone's sentence was too harsh.
All the prosecutors then pulled out of the case and one of them resigned altogether.
So, it is fair to say that Trump is now at odds with Barr........Trump wants to control justice now just like he wants to control everything.

Of course, you will now see the hard Trump brigade bad mouthing Barr, when it is Trump that is the real problem, not that either actors are Angels, nor was Stone for that matter.
It's really just a falling out among crooks.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

edit on 1522020 by Wide-Eyes because: Bad info, sorry guys

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I think Trumps inability to shut his mouth is a problem. I am the fence leaning toward barr being more wrong this time.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

a reply to: smurfy

I think Trumps inability to shut his mouth is a problem. I am the fence leaning toward barr being more wrong this time.

That has been his problem his whole presidency. I can't support a president who has such little restraint and self-awareness.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Oh I can, despite his many shortcomings personally he has done wonders for our nation in just three years. I don't care what his personality is like, that's not why I hired (voted for) him.

As far as his tweets go, he is 100% right in that the 7-9 years recommended by the prosecution was WAY overboard. Rapists generally don't serve that much time on average, why should someone that might have lied to the corrupt FBI investigators serve any? Why not just fine him and be done with it? Politics. That's why. Pure, vindictive, Democrat politics.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

edit on 1522020 by Wide-Eyes because: Where does it all end?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Not on matters that were substantive. The things that were clearly politically motivated, I do. ANY AG that we have should be investigating the Democratic malfeasance. Specifically many of the issues Barr has zeroed in on. Especially considering how bad it's getting. That goes for the Republican and other parties as well. Now if you want to talk about his partisianship toward Republicans I think that's just best for another thread.

Until Trump it was always seen that pure partisanship was the status quo at levels Trump hasn't even taken one step towards. Lets not forget Obama and his DOJ weaponized three letter agencies including the IRS ALL for partisanship. Investigating Trump a dozen times over three years and anyone within 50 feet of him in the effort to take them out on anything they can fine even going back decades has been pure partisanship. The whole impeachment 1.0 has been a partisanship circus and now they want impeachment 2.0 on a tweet, and I'm sure 3.0 4.0 and so on are right around the corner.

I just feel the left is being very disingenuous as they say OK Obama did many wrong things, but lets start with Trump to fix it...ya right they doing America a favor. Obama robbed a bank and everyone looked away and Trump steals a pack of gum and the "oh the horrors" cry rises up from the left.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Oh, he doesn't get to run through the motions based on statements from his boss? What a novel concept. Must be hard to be the first person in history to have to make professional adjustments off a dumb boss. That's impeachable, right? Has to be!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join