It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Israeli Troops Kill Palestinian in Raid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
A raid on a West Bank home by Israeli troops today resulted in the death of an armed Palestinian militant who was apparantly planning attacks of Israelis. There is a fear that this could bring to an end the fragile truce that exists between the Israelis and the Palestinians at the moment as Israel pulls out of West Bank towns. The man killed, Mohammed Abu Hazneh, was a member of the radical Islamic Jihad group and believed to be behind the recent Tel Aviv suicide bombing that killed five Israelis.

abcnews.go.com
JERUSALEM Mar 10, 2005 — Israeli troops on Thursday raided a West Bank home and killed an armed Palestinian militant who was planning attacks on Israelis, the army said, a development that could further destabilize a fragile truce.

Relations between Israelis and Palestinians are already tense because of an impasse over Israel's transfer of West Bank towns to Palestinian control. Thursday's killing could deepen the discord because Palestinian militants have halted attacks only on the condition that Israel ends its hunts for wanted Palestinian men.

Nafez Azzam, an Islamic Jihad leader, warned that the killing "does not encourage us to continue the state of calmness that currently exists on the ground."

Speaking to The Associated Press by phone in the Gaza Strip, he said his group will discuss with Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas how to proceed. "The resistance will continue in the face of the aggression practiced against our people," he added.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Although there is an unstable truce that exists at the moment it looks like there are still those on both sides that don't want to let go, and are pushing to hard to disrupt things.
Let's only hope that incidents like this do not continue to happen and derail the pull out and truce that is taking place.

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   

A raid on a West Bank home by Israeli troops today resulted in the death of an armed Palestinian militant who was apparantly planning attacks of Israelis. There is a fear that this could bring to an end the fragile truce that exists between the Israelis and the Palestinians

Reading such statements, I always ask myself what do people actually mean when they say this?

Do they mean armed palestinian miltitants planing attacks are bringing an end to the fragile truth....?

.....or do they mean (planing) an attack on Israelis is no end to a fragile truth.....

..... because they mean

only Israeli reaction to terrorist attacks would be the end of any truce.....?

Rebekka

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I think it means any situation like this could bring an end to the truce Riwka, regardless of those responsible.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
An armed Palestinian militant who was planning attacks on Israeli is no 'development' - those are existing facts within the region.

Do you know how many terrorist attack warnings we do have during one single day?

45 threats of plans by terrorists to launch attacks were registered by the security establishment on Wednesday (JPOST).

But as always: It becomes a story at the moment there is a reaction from Israel....

I can tell you some more of such stories:

Yesterday, the Shin Bet security service has arrested a Palestinian police officer said to have taken part in the lynching of two Israel Defense Forces reserve soldiers in October 2000, who took a wrong turn and ended up in Ramallah.....and were taken to the police station there and beat and stabbed to death.

Today, in the pre-dawn hours, an Islamic Jihad fugitive (Mohammad Khalil, 26, originally from A-Til [which is north of Tulkarm]) involved in the suicide bomb attack at the "stage club" in Tel Aviv two weeks ago was killed by soldiers who surrounded a house where he had hid out in Nazlat a Wista (southwest of Jenin) - Khalil was also involved in preparing a car packed with hundreds of kilograms of explosives that was discovered by troops near Arabeh on February 28. It was to blow up next to a busload of soldiers.

Israel pledged at the Sharm el-Sheikh summit, which preceded the bombing, that it would refrain from targeting Palestinian militants unless they were just about to carry out an attack. But Israeli leaders also said that if the Palestinian Authority did not curb militants, Israel would order its forces to do so.

Rebekka

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Actually John Nada I think we need to recognize something called,

"State Sponsored Terrorism" as a reality and something that is

legitimized by the media and supported by politicians and threfore

never questioned by the public, only by those who the attacks

are against.

Of course they never question Israeli attacks as a barrier to peace

openly or publicly. They couldn't because the media will never

equate Palestinian rights as the same as the rights of Nazi-like

Zionist Killers. (not Jews, but Nazi-like Zionist Killers, some are Christians and some are Jews.....)

[edit on 10-3-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Funny really Riwka, I don't think anything you just said has been disputed, even in the article.

The recent Tel Aviv suicide bombing which killed five Israelis that this guy was meant to be behind was well documented and a "story", so I don't know about the whole "it only becomes a story when Israel react".

No action or reaction is good as far as I'm concerned, I don't really care who thinks they're right or wrong in this situation, they're only hurting themselves and are as bad as each other. Are you insinuating bias here at all?

[edit on 10-3-2005 by John Nada]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   

No action or reaction is good

Why should reaction be bad?

People planing attacks are a danger.

I am waiting for someone who opens such stories questioning why Abbas did not keep the fragile truth by sending out his security to stop those terrorists...

Rebekka

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I am waiting for someone who opens such stories questioning why Abbas did not keep the fragile truth by sending out his security to stop those terrorists...

Go for it yourself, even out the bias around here.

I tell you what, re-write the opening paragraph of the story to what you think is an accurate portrayal of what happened here, u2u it to me and I'll edit the article and put it in to make you happy.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Why should I do your job, John?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka
Why should I do your job, John?

Because I already did my job and I don't see anything wrong with it, you're the one suggesting bias so if you want something done about it I'll be glad to assist to make you happy.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
News: Palestinian Extremist plans murders of Israelis, puts Middle East Peace at risk.

Yet another psychotic bastard plans a cowardly attack aimed at civilians (who, contrary to World Media's oil-funded friends, are normal people living their daily lives and not evil, venom dripping Zionist Killers) rather than buying a good soviet made sniper rifle and putting his own ass on the line for a clean attack on the policy makers.

Nor did he work on developing a car bomb and routing intel to target Sharon while he was out and about. These things would be somewhat difficult, and might even be foiled.

Israel (is the Mossad still in business or castrated as well?) spends time to locate these dirtballs, finds their hole, and hits just that building, to eliminate that specific defined target. Or fires a nice little rocket into the specific headquarters their intel believes the guy is in.

Sometimes they are wrong, and innocents (who these extremists love to have surrounding them as shields) die. Isreal defines a specific threat and tries to hit it accurately. The extremists spout a vague goal (must be taking lessons from American military advisors or something) and don't even bother to aim. Just set a bomb where it will sicken the hearts of any human being.

Israel tries to do it clean, and is lambasted by the Media for any successes, as well as screwups. Any psyschopath who claims (or has been given) membership in any palestinian organization becomes the victim, Even if he is the instigator, it's big, bad Israel that "broke the peace process".

As an American, I wholeheartedly apologize to the world for the insane Big Media we allowed to be created. We had good intentions, really we did.

I'll allow the leftists, kluxers, and enlightened anti-semites to get back to their usual narrow focus.

new topics

top topics

join