It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor Re-examined

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Please just hear me out. I tried my best to illustrate my point. I think we cannot dismiss John Titor Prophesies yet. He may still be correct. I know we have had endless debate on this subject but I would like to voice my personal opinion and will look forward to your comments. I know that there is supposedly a 2% chance between the world lines that this could not happen...but I just wanted to submit my ideas. If you don’t believe in John Titor or think he’s a fraud then that is your opinion but please just be logical with your comments. I have taken key quotes from what Titor prophesized. I believe that our assumptions that Titor was a fraud are premature.

There are two key events that will prove him wrong or right and that time has not come. One is sometime in 2005 a Civil War begins and the other is the cancellation of 2006 Olympic Games. Keep in mind that everything that Titor talks about is pre-September 11. This is key because he describes relationships that are in decline that are occurring now. If these two events do not happen there is no doubt that Titor is a fraud.

The first event references a Civil War that will begin sometime in 2005:

Below is probably the single most important one of all. I’m sure many countries like China, Middle Eastern countries and the Russians would like to see us trip up and loose our control as a world superpower. We are already viewed as arrogant people. Please excuse my analogy, but our country is like the person in school that has lots of money, is popular and has lots of “friends.” They don’t necessarily like that person but they need he/she to gain friends or be in the in crowd. Our country is that “popular,” money person. They may not like us but they know we are going to shower them with money. Now, if they didn’t “need” us, do you think it would be different? Imagine if we no longer needed foreign oil. Our friendships in the Middle East would diminish.

November 21, 2000 10:41

Perhaps I should let you all in on a little secret. No one likes you in the future. This time period is looked at as being full of lazy, self-centered, civically ignorant sheep. Perhaps you should be less concerned about me and more concerned about that.

How true is this? Anyone observing our society today could say this, right? But will they think the same thing 30 years from now? If you really think about our society it is full of lazy people. Americans are always looking for the product that makes there lives easier. Electronics, computers, Email, cell phones, palm pilots, everyone has there own car, fast food, we are the land of disposable goods.

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   

November 7, 2000

There is a civil war in the United States that starts in 2005. That conflict flares up and down for 10 years. In 2015, Russia launches a nuclear strike against the major cities in the United States (which is the "other side" of the civil war from my perspective), China and Europe. The United States counter attacks. The US cities are destroyed along with the AFE (American Federal Empire)...thus we (in the country) won. The European Union and China were also destroyed. Russia is now our largest trading partner and the Capitol of the US was moved to Omaha Nebraska.

February 9, 2001

Yes, EMP took out a great number of electronic devices. That's one of the reasons why we don't have reliable technology laying around. However, in the opening hours of N Day, the Russians did not launch any high altitude detonations. They knew we would most likely clean up after them so they wanted everyone outside the cities to be able to communicate. Most of the warheads that hit the cities came in threes and exploded close to the ground. The heavy EMP damage was isolated to those areas.

A nuclear explosion omits and electromagnetic pulse right? Titor states that the bombs came down in threes. If the bombs were big enough they would fry everything electronic thing that we had. All the conveniences just listed would be useless right? Just think about that…every electronic device we use would be useless. What the hell would we do? We would no control over lots of things: money, credit cards. cars, computers...everything electronic. That’s scary in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   

November 25, 2000 14:03

What event started the war? Can it be stopped?

The war is a result of faulty politics and desperation from Western
leadership during the US civil war. Yes, I suppose you could stop it.

This is evident today that our foreign policies are not that great.

December 13, 2000 12:44

Does the current relationship between Arabs and Jews have anything to do with the coming war?

Real disruptions in world events begin with the destabilization of the West as a result of degrading US foreign policy and consistency. This becomes apparent around 2004 as civil unrest develops near the next presidential election. The Jewish population in Israel is not prepared for a true offensive war. They are prepared for the ultimate defense. Wavering western support for Israel is what gives Israel's neighbors the confidence to attack. The last resort for a defensive Israel and its offensive Arab neighbors is to use weapons of mass destruction. In the grand scheme of things, the war in the Middle East is a part of what's to come, not the cause.

This is going on right now. Please tell me otherwise if you disagree.

29 January 2001 12:25

Are the Olympics still being played in the future?

As a result of the many conflicts, no, there were no official Olympics after 2004. However, it appears they may be revived in 2040.

This second key event it also important in proving one way or the other that Titor was a fraud or not. So if we dont have a 2006 olympics...which I highly doubt he will have proving himself wrong.

I hope I dont get flamed for this... I tried to think serious about this. It is not that I want to believe this guy...its just that I dont think the time has come to dismiss it yet.

All information can be found at: www.johntitor.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
when it turns out we will have the Olympics, Some people will maintain that John Titors arrival disturbed the timeline, making up for possible inconsistencies

In a funny way the arrival of the John Titor story does have the potential to alter the timeline , if you find enough harcore believers they might just want to start a civil war and block the Olympics to make the prophecies fufill themselves...

Such things has happened in the past, it's called starting a religion, it usually begins around a charismatic person and an army of swords to help persuade others. Muhammed for example ???

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Event Horizon

November 7, 2000

We would no control over lots of things: money, credit cards. cars, computers...everything electronic. That’s scary in my opinion.

OK then look at it this way: Would you prefer to have all these wonderful devices OR get away from the area fast due to nuclear fallout so c'mon do you really think people are gonna be worried about getting no signal on their mobile phone if there is a nuclear attack......hmmm.....

Also I don't think we would be able to use credit cards at the nearest tesco's cos I don't think it will be open????

As for cars, you know you don't have to have hundreds of mtrs of cabling just to get the engine started, true most cars do have 'computers' in them for engine managment, traction control etc... Look at the Army land rovers they DON'T have anything electrical in them except maybe a comms. radio.

Yes it's scary we will have control of ourselves for ONCE, No CREDIT CARDS = NO DEBT = NO CONTROL, so if you really think about, what we really want is a EMP blast not nuclear I think it would be stupid for the governments of the world to just firing nukes at each other,
and if they did they would lose control of us all, NO CONTROL = NO MONEY = NO ECONOMY = "FREEDOM". The only problem is what next??

Maybe there will be military control, For a FACT america has FEMA which will take full control of the country if there was just 1 nuclear attack that's why the US needs to tread carefully. The UN will take EU coutries but I have a funny feeling the EU might not let them in with open arms.

[edit on 10/3/05 by Hunting Veritas]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hunting Veritas

As for cars, you know you don't have to have hundreds of mtrs of cabling just to get the engine started, true most cars do have 'computers' in them for engine managment, traction control etc... Look at the Army land rovers they DON'T have anything electrical in them except maybe a comms. radio.

Yes it's scary we will have control of ourselves for ONCE, No CREDIT CARDS = NO DEBT = NO CONTROL, so if you really think about, what we really want is a EMP blast not nuclear I think it would be stupid for the governments of the world to just firing nukes at each other,
and if they did they would lose control of us all, NO CONTROL = NO MONEY = NO ECONOMY = "FREEDOM". The only problem is what next??

Maybe there will be military control, For a FACT america has FEMA which will take full control of the country if there was just 1 nuclear attack that's why the US needs to tread carefully. The UN will take EU coutries but I have a funny feeling the EU might not let them in with open arms.

Those are good points. I know what your saying. When you see the mushroom cloud the last thing on your mind will be your electronic devices. I guess I was just wondering what would happen afterwards.

Is there such thing as just an EMP bomb... no nuke?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

The last resort for a defensive Israel and its offensive Arab neighbors is to use weapons of mass destruction. In the grand scheme of things, the war in the Middle East is a part of what's to come, not the cause.

I think the most interesting things from the Titor posts are his continued use of the term "weapons of mass destruction", I do not recall that term being in use much before Sept 11th and the Iraq buildup.

re you really surprised to find out that Iraq has nukes now or is that just BS to whip everyone up into accepting the next war?

This was written in early 2001-ish. Seems dead on to me.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hope for the best...expect the worse

I agree right on with Mariner....He was useing terms WMD and Iraq that was right on. I read today a story on Rense.com today about a kid bein tasered for not giving doctors a urine sample, when he allready admited he was on coke
There is defintely 2 sides to this country......this i feel is strong armed tactics, how is this kids family gonna feel about there kid bein tortured in Florida??

www.rense.com...

find your news in many places...look between the lines....what is our current prison populations?....how many are imprisoned that we don't know about? and where?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Yes, EMP took out a great number of electronic devices. That's one of the reasons why we don't have reliable technology laying around.

Yet, they have enough unreliable technology to build a time machine?

And note, theres nuclear war, global devestation, and everything's a mess yet despite struggling to survive, they have the money and ability to create time machines...

Riiiiiiiight....

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Have you ever read the John Titor posts?

NOTE: Nuclear war != complete and utter devastation of everything.

If you'd read the posts you'd know that (supposedly) only a few major cities where targeted. So pretty much everything else would still be around and as the tech for the time machine was supposedly created before the nuclear war that would still be around also.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

A nuclear explosion omits and electromagnetic pulse right? Titor states that the bombs came down in threes. If the bombs were big enough they would fry everything electronic thing that we had. All the conveniences just listed would be useless right? Just think about that…every electronic device we use would be useless. What the hell would we do? We would no control over lots of things: money, credit cards. cars, computers...everything electronic. That’s scary in my opinion.

I think this is the largest flaw in the John Titor story and I'm going to have to agree with ThatsJustWeird on this:

If Electromagnetic pulses destoryed all available electronics thus throwing America into a 'Primitive Age', then how the hell did they have the ability to time travel?

From what Titor told us, Time Traveling is not as easy as an on/off switch, it is a process. They had the technology to Time Travel so they went back in time to gather antiquated technology to rebuild society.

Ok, that is all well and good but the question still remains, if all technology was destoryed, Where did the Time Traveling unit come from?

Government surpressed technology? Still, how would it have survived after all those EMP blast?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure that John Titor said that very small nuclear explosions went off in the cities.

Originally posted by John Titor
A 10 Kiloton nuclear weapon will vaporize metal for about ½ a mile and have a heat effect for about 3 miles. A 100 Megaton nuclear weapon will vaporize metal to 35 miles and have a heat effect to about 250 miles. I believe the largest nuclear weapon ever built and tested was about 60 megatons.

As I recall, the popular strategy toady is to strike targets with multiple numbers of smaller warheads. The 100 Kt to 1 Mt are the most popular. I believe there are about 150 - 200 major cities in the US and half as many military targets. Please correct me someone if I am grossly incorrect.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
If Electromagnetic pulses destoryed all available electronics thus throwing America into a 'Primitive Age', then how the hell did they have the ability to time travel?

The entire United States is not nuked so there is still going to be a lot of electrical devices available. Of course, most of these devices are probably in cities such as New York, Los Angelas, Seattle, etc. which would probably be nuked.

Also, Titor claimed that the time machine was invented by General Electric. That does not necessarily mean it was created in the United States. GE has factories all around the world, for example, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Indonesia, Japan and Kazakhstan just to name a few.

I believe that GE has 150 factories worldwide that focus just on appliances.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I dont neccessarily believein the John Titor story. It might have been hype, which definetly seems more likely. Regardless, he made many good points; and that is what scares me. So far, he has had relative accuracy in his statements. Say what you will, but time will tell.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by slink
The entire United States is not nuked so there is still going to be a lot of electrical devices available. Of course, most of these devices are probably in cities such as New York, Los Angelas, Seattle, etc. which would probably be nuked.

Originally posted by slink

Thanks for clearing this up.
I was trying to say that a majority of the people in the United States live on the east and west coasts. Most of those people live in the major cities. I understand that the whole US is not affected but a major population is. That is why I think it America would be affected so drastically.

Originally posted by Simulacra
I think this is the largest flaw in the John Titor story and I'm going to have to agree with ThatsJustWeird on this:

From what Titor told us, Time Traveling is not as easy as an on/off switch, it is a process. They had the technology to Time Travel so they went back in time to gather antiquated technology to rebuild society.

Ok, that is all well and good but the question still remains, if all technology was destoryed, Where did the Time Traveling unit come from?

Government surpressed technology? Still, how would it have survived after all those EMP blast?

This should answer your question about not having the technology. Technology is still available just not in the affected areas.

Also, Titor claimed that the time machine was invented by General Electric. That does not necessarily mean it was created in the United States. GE has factories all around the world, for example, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Indonesia, Japan and Kazakhstan just to name a few.

I believe that GE has 150 factories worldwide that focus just on appliances.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
I dont neccessarily believein the John Titor story. It might have been hype, which definetly seems more likely. Regardless, he made many good points; and that is what scares me. So far, he has had relative accuracy in his statements. Say what you will, but time will tell.

This is exactly what a mean. Your surmise is perfect. That is the idea that I was trying to illustrate.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burgess
Have you ever read the John Titor posts?

NOTE: Nuclear war != complete and utter devastation of everything.

If you'd read the posts you'd know that (supposedly) only a few major cities where targeted. So pretty much everything else would still be around and as the tech for the time machine was supposedly created before the nuclear war that would still be around also.

Have you read his posts?
WW3 and the Nuclear war is AFTER a 10 YEAR civil war....
How much do you think is going to be around?

quote: Originally posted by slink

Enough of the world and the US will be devestated that 3 billion people lose thier lives. That means almost half people on earth will be gone. How efficient do you think companys will be running? Don't you think people will have more on their minds than creating time machines?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Enough of the world and the US will be devestated that 3 billion people lose thier lives. That means almost half people on earth will be gone. How efficient do you think companys will be running? Don't you think people will have more on their minds than creating time machines?

Only 80% of the United States lives in urban areas. That is approximately 230 million people. Also, Titor said that the capital would be moved to Omaha. That's a city of about 800,000 people so obviously not every big city is going to destroyed.
People are going to get on with their lives and humanity will continue. Titor claims that time machine was built in 2032, which is 17 years after the war ended. I'd think that by then people would have gotten on with their lives. It is not like humanity is going to lose all they have already learned.

Edit: Also, note that the General Electric United States headquarters are located in Louisville, Kentucky. If Omaha isn't nuked, why would Louisville be?

[edit on 10/3/2005 by slink]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
For the sake of the Earth, somebody sue GE and demand them to change their name

would agree though that whoever was behind that Titor, is not your average 14 year old prankster, but does have looked around in this world and seen some things, maybe it is that america/Japanese scientist/sci-fi writer Michio_Kaku from wich john Titor pupotedly may have borrowed some elements from his HYPERSPACE novell.

en.wikipedia.org...

Has there been any investigation towards the IP adress used by the John Titor character ?

I would want to cheack if I could backtrack that IP logged into discussions held under other nicknames before 2001 to get a clue who is behind John Titor.

[edit on 10-3-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountermeasuresHas there been any investigation towards the IP adress used by the John Titor character ?

I would want to cheack if I could backtrack that IP into discussions held under other nicknames before 2001 to get a clue who is behind John Titor.

I believe that they did this on one of the message boards. He was actually from the area in Florida he claimed to be from and there were no other nicknames with his IP or any with an IP in his area.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join