It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Lands In Canyon in Australia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Spacespider
Why are important videos like this always from a old vintage camera held by a essential Tremor nerve disorder person..
I been waiting 30 years for clear footage of a UFO.. and nothing yet

There have been plenty of clear videos of UFOs, but like this one they're only an image and if they're a little unusual then they don't look like anything as simple as a flying saucer. I posted this image the other day.

Plenty clear enough for anyone. What does it tell you? Exactly jack squat. Not only that, even if it was crystal clear, you'd immediately call "fake!"

golf ball !!

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I just read through the entire analysis of this event and I'm going with some type of balloon used for mapping / surveying. Logically it makes the most sense considering the area is in fact a mining area. It could very well be a geological survey firm simply trying to determine a location for a ventilation shaft which are common and necessary for coal mines.

Here is the section of the detailed analysis that makes the most sense IMO:

LINK: Middlemount Australia UFO Analysis

5. Balloon:

The slow movement and appearance of the object in videos 1 and 2, gives the impression of a balloon-like object descending to the ground. The slow movement, almost stationary at times, of the object in videos 3-7 would support a balloon hypothesis. The observation in video 9 that a small object fell from the main object, and a voice says the main object then rose higher, might argue for balloon ballast being released.

If it was a balloon, travelling with the wind, what direction was the wind coming from that morning?
Witness 1 says the weather was clear and calm, meaning no wind at all.

The weather data from the nearest weather stations suggests that at Middleton the wind, if any, was from the south-east to east, thus moving any object to the north-east of the mine area, to the north and west. This is exactly the trajectory of the object seen. The speed of the wind at the mine area would have been perhaps 5-6 km/hr or less. Thus a wind borne object would have travelled slowly over the area, exactly as the object did.

Thus, it is possible that the object seen was a balloon? What type of balloon? Not a weather balloon; but possibly a gas-driven, manned basket balloon, similar to hot air balloons which are used to provide tourist experiences – flown in clear, calm weather, in the relatively early morning.

A search was undertaken for any hot air balloon tourist experiences in the area. An email was despatched to the both the Rockhampton and Emerald visitor information centres asking about any hot air balloon operators in their area. The Emerald Visitor Information Center advised that they used to have an operator at Emerald, but no longer did. No reply has been received from the Rockhampton Visitor Information Center as at the date of this report.

edit on 15-2-2020 by 1point92AU because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Why are important videos like this always from a old vintage camera held by a essential Tremor nerve disorder person..
I been waiting 30 years for clear footage of a UFO.. and nothing yet

Your point is fatuous and irrelevant, as well as a poor excuse for ignoring something you cannot really explain convincingly. All you moaning minnies who complain about the lack of sharpness of the image don't seem to understand that the quality is irrelevant because, even if it were good, it still would not help you to file this video away under the title of "explained" because it would not help you to identify the object. You ignore the highly significant fact that it looks large yet hovers for minutes hundreds of feet above the ground, even though the film is clear enough to indicate that it is too far away to be a drone because a drone at that distance would look much smaller.

Putting up the usual, tired, cliche of a complaint about the poor quality of the image is just an way of hiding your inability to provide a conventional explanation of this "unidentified flying object".

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Well done, you've captured a plastic bag slowly tumbling through the air on top of hot thermal vents

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 1point92AU

Sometimes the footage does not always tell the entire story...similar to the Nimitz encounter I find that the pilot back and forth is much more important than the actual video footage...It would appear that this was not the first time they witnessed this..I believe they said that they seen the same object the day before. Fast forward to 14:20 and the video clarity gets better but I'm also under the impression that some of the video is recorded through a windshield of some machinery. Hearing there radio chatter back and forth really emphasizes that they are genuinely observing something out of the ordinary..this has some definite odd characteristics to it, in particular the sharp edges and then it seems to morph into other shapes.

Going off the tail end of the most recent submission by another ATS member who posted the Popular Mechanics article that all of you should have already have read there is a great piece that talks about an object in a lab that changes shapes only to shortly there after disappear. There is science that we just don't understand or couldn't possible even dream up. I would also take a look at the The Nimitz Encounter This particular video actually interviews some of the crew of the Nimitz. So you now have senior pilots and now the seamen who worked in the tactical room of the Princeton corroborating what occurred on that day. So what I say to the arrogant members on ATS..keep an open mind and be polite. You willingness to insult and discredit says a lot about your agenda.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
With all the cameras so readily accessible to people nowadays (mostly cell phone cameras) not 1 picture has even been produced as striking evidence of alien/inter dimensional craft, or at least exotic anti gravity tech. Even the recently declassified navy videos. Their still ambiguous, balls of light, or indistinguishable, and not clear cut Video.

I wonder if their is anything at all in our skies/atmosphere that isn’t man made.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: youcanttellthepeople
a reply to: 1point92AU

Thanks for taking the effort to post this. I'm not overly convinced it's anything unusual though. My hunch is it's some kind of (please don't shoot me!) escaped weather balloon, or a balloon of some kind - hence the changing shape.

The guy narrating is full of bobbins though. Flashing lights? At that resolution you can't make anything out - let alone intricate details like flashing lights.

I can understand why it'd be blurry though - esp as you mention atmospheric distortion which on a hot day is only going to make things worse. Even with the best phone camera on the market at max zoom it's still going to look rubbish - and you can tell he's pretty much maxed it out.

So imho the 'landing' is just either the gas gradually leaking out - or temperature has caused it to deflate (bit like leaving a helium balloon in a room - as it gets colder over time the helium becomes denser and thus sinks).

But as I've said before in other threads - you need the rest of the data. Wind speed on the day? Direction? Was it going against the wind or with it. The fact it is 'hovering' makes me think that wind speed was virtually nil - which is kind of supported by the mention of it being particularly hot. But then I'm guessing - we'd need that data to work it all out.

Also - if it landed - surely you'd be going over to take a gander? I certainly would, and I'm no miner. I suspect they're hardcore and wouldn't take kindly to some ET's landing on their patch

Around 4:35+ is where I can see the weather balloon possibility.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join