It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus on Okinawa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Long time member, but very rare poster. I know there are coronavirus threads and it’s not my intent to hijack them. What I would like to bring to light is the outbreak in Japan, particularly Okinawa. Okinawa today declared its first positive patient. She’s a taxi driver who drive four of the eight Chinese nationals that disembarked in Naha on February first. The important take always here are she’s a taxi driver who was infected thirteen days ago. So that bring into question the incubation period. Not to mention how many people has SHE infected. She only started showing symptoms today or yesterday. Other take always are eight people, at least on of which was infected, was here on the island. I don’t know how long they stayed here, but they have since returned to China. So, who know how many that one patient may have infected.

I’m not a scare monger, but this could take a strong hold here on the island. I can tell you first hand at any given time there are 7,000-10,000 Chinese tourists on the island. Thank to the Japanese government stopping anyone with a Chinese passport from entering the country Okinawa is like a ghost town.

Again, I’m not a fear monger, but I am a reliable source. I do live on Okinawa so the information I provide is first hand and factual. I may not be able to be as active on this thread, but I will provide updates as I deem necessary.

First Case of Coronavirus on Okinawa
edit on 14-2-2020 by ratcals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ratcals
Long time member, but very rare poster. I know there are coronavirus threads and it’s not my intent to hijack them. What I would like to bring to light is the outbreak in Japan, particularly Okinawa. Okinawa today declared its first positive patient. She’s a taxi driver who drive four of the eight Chinese nationals that disembarked in Naha on February first. The important take always here are she’s a taxi driver who was infected thirteen days ago. So that bring into question the incubation period. Not to mention how many people has SHE infected. She only started showing symptoms today or yesterday. Other take always are eight people, at least on of which was infected, was here on the island. I don’t know how long they stayed here, but they have since returned to China. So, who know how many that one patient may have infected.

I’m not a scare monger, but this could take a strong hold here on the island. I can tell you first hand at any given time there are 7,000-10,000 Chinese tourists on the island. Thank to the Japanese government stopping anyone with a Chinese passport from entering the country Okinawa is like a ghost town.

Again, I’m not a fear monger, but I am a reliable source. I do live on Okinawa so the information I provide is first hand and factual. I may not be able to be as active on this thread, but I will provide updates as I deem necessary.

I just also posted it also. Very sad and disturbing news. So all Chinese have been banned to enter Okinawa?
Are you stationed there?
I wonder how the ferries going to handle the passengers from Mizaki or Kumamoto, the ferry ports.
I had plans on cycling Okinawa this late spring, guess I won't now.
I was stationed Kadena Air Base years ago. Good karate and judo dojos off base.
Anyway, we'd sure like you to keep us informed.
What free newspapers can we get on the net for Okinawa? Like to read about Miyakoshima, a place I want to visit and cycle around.

thanks for posting

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Sorry didn’t know it had already been posted. As I said I wasn’t trying to hijack any threads.

Yes, I just flew back from a couple weeks in Alaska yesterday and I checked before I left and they are not letting any Chinese passport holders in except under special circumstances. The airport was completely devoid of Chinese passengers in Narita where I landed.

I’ll provide some links to free newspapers, but the original link is a good one. Another is mainichi.com. Mainichi translates Tom”every day”. Yes, I am living on Okinawa. I’m retired AF, but still we’ve as a consultant. News so far has been sparse, but I’m watching closely.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ratcals
Not very good news for you. Please, please keep you and your family safe.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

… She’s a taxi driver who drive four of the eight Chinese nationals that disembarked in Naha on February first. The important take always here are she’s a taxi driver who was infected thirteen days ago...

Another 4 you said ???

Check this out :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Don't be sorry, I didn't know about the other thread. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

a reply to: musicismagic

Sorry didn’t know it had already been posted. As I said I wasn’t trying to hijack any threads.

Yes, I just flew back from a couple weeks in Alaska yesterday and I checked before I left and they are not letting any Chinese passport holders in except under special circumstances. The airport was completely devoid of Chinese passengers in Narita where I landed.

I’ll provide some links to free newspapers, but the original link is a good one. Another is mainichi.com. Mainichi translates Tom”every day”. Yes, I am living on Okinawa. I’m retired AF, but still we’ve as a consultant. News so far has been sparse, but I’m watching closely.

Hey I only mentioned it because the tread also had lots of updates on it and the Okinawa part was just a few words.
Hey, another Air Force guy, cool. I bet Kadena has really changed. Was stationed there during the Vietnam War.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Some cases have had incubation periods reported of up to 21 days.

Unfortunately I doubt any numbers are going to be taken seriously by the scientific community until observed under countries other than China.

They have posted rough incubation periods, a few days to a few weeks, but transitions means and R0 are still under the mercy of what China will give us.

If incubation is 2~ weeks... Sadly, that means the worst is still yet to come.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

… She’s a taxi driver who drive four of the eight Chinese nationals that disembarked in Naha on February first. The important take always here are she’s a taxi driver who was infected thirteen days ago...

Another 4 you said ???

Check this out :

Sorry, but posts like that are exactly why I don’t post here often. Really, trying to make a connection just because they each have four cases? It’s called a coincidence.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Not very good news for you. Please, please keep you and your family safe.

Thanks, thankfully I am here solo. It’s hard to judge the reaction here since the news broke late today (1500 JST). Right now it’s 0130 on the 15th so not much of any updates. Will be interesting to see what the next couple of days bring.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Yes, I just flew back from a couple weeks in Alaska yesterday

I'm in Anchorage and sitting on top of the JBER military base you're highlighting something that's really been bothering me. Air bases fly people in from all over the damn world regularly, and not just soldiers. We've got a lot of contractors and civilian support folks who are coming and going. Those people also venture off base. I live here because it's remote, about the most remote place where I can live and still make a solid living in my field... in reality, Alaska is a lot more connected and less remote than I'd like it to be, though.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
For a taxi driver to be infected as the result of an infected passenger seems to be an indication of just how easily this virus can spread.

Assuming that the infected passenger(s) were not exhibiting obvious signs of illness, it would seem that infection can be spread by merely breathing the same air as an infected person for a period no longer than a taxi ride.

That is worrisome.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I just left JBER. Spent a couple weeks there.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Another 4 you said ???
Check this out :
Sorry, but posts like that are exactly why I don’t post here often. Really, trying to make a connection just because they each have four cases? It’s called a coincidence.

Coincidence, 12 times ? Hmmmm.

Anyway, I didn't have to make a connection. The connection is there, right in the title. I just found something interesting and posted it. This is a conspiracy site, not a news outlet. We try to present a different view, many times hard to accept.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I attended Kubasaki High back in the late 80's early 90's and visited the island again back in 96. My heart will always be in Oki. Best people I have met in my travels. I pray for the safety of that beautiful island

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well if AK didn’t have Denali National park, Mt McKinley(sorry I grew up saying that), Beautiful scenery, and wild life, ohh and that old igloo hotel thing rotting away, you’d be more secluded. Damn tourists!

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
For a taxi driver to be infected as the result of an infected passenger seems to be an indication of just how easily this virus can spread.

Assuming that the infected passenger(s) were not exhibiting obvious signs of illness, it would seem that infection can be spread by merely breathing the same air as an infected person for a period no longer than a taxi ride.

That is worrisome.

Possibly, but not necessarily. Could have just as easily gone into the back to clean up the cab or for some other reason, and touched the handle after an infected person had done so.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

That is worrisome.

Possibly, but not necessarily. Could have just as easily gone into the back to clean up the cab or for some other reason, and touched the handle after an infected person had done so.

This is why the taxi drivers in Japan are all now worried about being a driver. This was on the news yesterday, may hurt the business a lot since most drivers are in their 60's and retired from their previous jobs.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Hasn't been officially announced yet, but it has pretty clearly spread to Hawaii as well.

The local radio stations here remind us several times a day that there are no confirmed cases, but guess what? www.hawaiinewsnow.com...

The CDC test kits, also known as the only means we have of detection, do not work. They initially sent the test kits to the wrong state (not the wrong island, or even the wrong city, which maybe could be understood as a lot of places here sound similar to outsiders, but the wrong friggin STATE).

Then the next kits they sent showed up damaged. The next batch was just flat out defective. Now they say we should have some more arrive in a week.

They keep telling us there are no confirmed cases, but WE HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO TEST FOR THE GODDAMN VIRUS FOR ALMOST A MONTH. Of course there are no confirmed cases, as we lack the capacity to confirm anything.

Just today it was revealed that a Japanese tourist that has the virus was cruising around the islands for 11 days. It is definitely spreading around our islands.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Nah, feel free to call it McKinley... I disagreed with renaming it.

top topics

join