It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im tired of Barr and all of those telling Trump to not talk about corruption

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Its the tyrant who wants to punish his enemies that needs replacing.

COMING SOON !

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
Not a chance. Barr will be replaced though it seems.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Sillyolme
Not a chance. Barr will be replaced though it seems.

I nominate RUdy Guiliani LOL!!

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I think it's time for a Floridian like Pam Bondi to take a crack at it. I'd also like to maybe see Marco Rubio go for the presidency in 2024, preferably as a VP to Joni Ernst or vice versa. How could we possibly lose??
edit on 2-14-2020 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: yuppa
also like to maybe see Marco Rubio go for the presidency in 2024, preferably as a VP to ?

Is that a joke. Rubio is a scumbag. He is as swamp as it gets.
edit on 57229America/ChicagoFri, 14 Feb 2020 12:57:54 -0600000000p2942 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Why hasn't Barr seen all of this already??? Why hasn't Barr made a point of getting it? If Trump thinks investigating this corruption is worth withholding funds over, then Barr should have been all over this since at least last summer. Why hasn't Barr already seen everything Rudy has? Why hasn't Barr been working with and supporting Rudy's efforts? This is Barr's job that Rudy is doing...

For one thing, Barr wasn't Attorney General during that time period. Ukraine didn't choose to try to give information to the US again; Guiliani had information drop into his lap that exonerated Trump from other sources and he dug into the Ukraine thing from there. That's his job as Trump's personal lawyer.

And how's that working out for us? It's not working at all for US. It works to protect the guilty. This is exactly why our Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution -- thee law of the land -- to strictly enumerate their powers, and for government officials to conduct public business in public, and to provide clear evidence/cause for any and all actions taken, especially against the people collectively or a person individually.

It has worked well for centuries. All those stories we hear about how that raid busted a drug ring or a gang or whatever, it didn't happen overnight. Those are the result of sometimes years of investigative work, undercover work, following up tips form informants.. and the more connected a crime ring is, the more time it takes to build a case and close the trap without letting most of them escape. We're discussing the most powerful, extensive, and connected crime ring in history.

The thing is, to successfully prosecute a criminal case, one needs several things:
  • A judge who is impartial.
  • A jury which is impartial.
  • Plenty of hard evidence to convince the jury.
  • Witnesses that are both believable and corroborate each other.
  • A lack of witnesses against one's case, or at least evidence to show they are lying.
Anything less is just another flash in the pan. Yeah, you might get the bad guy, but you might not and not getting them means they go free due to double jeopardy. And even if you get the bad guy, what good does it do to leave their boss in power? It's just hacking at kudzu leaves... you'll never even slow the growth. You have to get to the root, the whole root, and burn it to ashes to kill the vine.

The guilty already know they are guilty, and they know if they're in the crosshairs.

Not always. Do you think gang members in their territory think they're going to jail? No, they think they're invulnerable, untouchable. Go in there with guns blazing, and the top dogs will never be in those crosshairs... they use their underlings as a shield. You'll get some of the regular members, leave, people who see it will be happy, but the gang grows right back... and this time they're watching for trouble.

That metaphor exactly sums up what I see. Something tipped these lawyers off. Barr seems to think it was Trump tweeting. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, but either way I think it's a little soon to be tossing Barr under the bus just yet.

And I just heard that the DoJ is officially dropping the case against McCabe. Everyone, please ignore what I said in this thread so far... that was my last straw for Barr.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You're a good man, Redneck. And for what it's worth, I appreciate your thoughtfulness and reasonableness throughout, even when we didn't see eye-to-eye.

And sometimes it just really sucks when we have to face the cold hard ugly truth... I know.

Big hugs

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Cold, hard, ugly truth indeed.

Is there anyone we can trust at all left? Is there no hope?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Anyone who believe that a man who admitted to defrauding a children's cancer charity actually cares about corruption is downright delusional to the level of needing a straight-jacket and padded walls.

apnews.com...

President Donald Trump is paying up after conceding that he used his charitable foundation at times as a personal piggy bank.

Trump has wired $2 million to pay a court-ordered fine for misusing the Trump Foundation in part to further his business interests and 2016 presidential run, New York Attorney General Letitia James said Tuesday. The money will be distributed to eight charities.

About $1.8 million left in the Trump Foundation’s bank account was also split among the nonprofits getting fine money, along with $11,525 that Trump paid back for spending foundation money on sports memorabilia and champagne at a charity gala.

New York state Judge Saliann Scarpulla imposed the penalty last month after Trump admitted to a series of abuses outlined in a lawsuit brought against him last year by James’ office.

“Charities are not a means to an end, which is why these damages speak to the president’s abuse of power and represent a victory for not-for-profits that follow the law,” James, a Democrat, said in a statement. “Funds have finally gone where they deserve — to eight credible charities.”

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Maybe its time to realize that these people didnt do anything illegal and to stop chasing the fantasies of the paranoid delusional in the white house.

Still believe that pee dossier?

Meanwhile I proved beyond a shadow of a doubt Brennan and clapper lied to congress on this very thread

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

TheRedneck

Yes. We can trust each other. And the founding principles... which are the founding principles for a reason. Our Founding Fathers knew the good, the bad and the ugly, and established this nation with that knowledge and wisdom.

We can fix this.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: TheRedneck

TheRedneck

Yes. We can trust each other. And the founding principles... which are the founding principles for a reason. Our Founding Fathers knew the good, the bad and the ugly, and established this nation with that knowledge and wisdom.

We can fix this.

Oh I’ll damn sure try and not give up hope

But the battle is so uphill that not only do we have to fight deep state corruption at every turn

We now have some of the people who want to out the deep states corruption the most actively telling is every loss we see is actually a super secret victory

It’s like almost teaching a peak of a mountain only to fall halt on your face the whole way to the bottom

The people almost say the corruption through trump being elected and demanded it he stopped

And then they fell on false prophets and are now cheering the very corrupt people they claim to want to fight

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Asking a swamp creature to convict his friends.

We need someone outside the DC infected zone.

I have no faith in Barr.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Well, to be totally honest, I had given up on ever having a free country again around 2015. Trump claimed he could fix it, and for a while there I held out hope that he could at least improve things a little. He has with the economy and the military, and he has started the wall... but it is starting to look to me like the idea of draining the swamp was asking a bit much. How do you drain something that has no bottom?

Oh, well. Back to square one for me. I'll still be casting my vote for Trump in November; he's a damn sight better than anything the Democrats have even hinted at. No sense in rushing the inevitable, even if it is inevitable. But as for me hoping that I'll be ashes before this once-great country is toppled? Nah, not much hope there. I do hope those who cheer on every defeat are happy when the results all come in and they realize they have no more freedom and no more hope. That's going to be a dark, dark day.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
*Believes Trump is fighting corruption while completely ignoring Trump's own blatant and admitted corruption*

You people are the ones bringing about the thing you fear the most, the downfall of America. You're not just making it happen, you're demanding that it happen.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
a reply to: Grambler

Well, Gentlemen, I understand your feelings completely. But here's the thing: Failure is not an option. Period. There is work to be done, and like it or not, those of us who understand what once worked effectively, and why, and therefore must be re-established and reinstated, are the only ones who can make that happen. Not just you and me, of course. But also, yes, you and me! And I mean the good folks from both "sides" of the political aisle because we do need that balance.

If not us, then who? And if not now, then when?

As I posted earlier, We The People need to take back our power in substantive and effective ways, such as the Citizen's Grand Jury, with full and absolute power to investigate, subpoena, and charge government officials -- or anyone.

We need a national ballot proposition system that would allow We The People greater power and authority in passing laws ourselves, and/or giving us "veto power" so to speak over legislation passed by Congress and signed off by the president. Things like tax reform and health care reform.

We need to develop and create something like the Contract For America (Newt Gingrich's brainchild if I remember correctly), enumerating specific demands by We The People, that ALL good people can support, and then condition our votes upon a candidates' pledge to fulfill that contract if/when elected. Things like no more legal exemptions for Congress critters; they have to live by exactly the same laws they impose on the rest of us. And how about requiring that the Constitutional foundation for each and every bill introduced to Congress must be established at the time of introducing the bill. And here's a good one: Any and all government officials who are convicted of a crime are subject to double the normal penalty, and if it was a crime against the people, then triple it! And, of course, they can never ever serve in a position of trust again.

And we need a HUGE attitude adjustment. People need to understand that all this hating and fighting, even among themselves with victim olympics and intersectionality and purity spirals - ugh! -- is only hurting ourselves. We need to come together where we can and on what we can and put our trust and power in each other.

Darned if I didn't have another point that I'm completely blanking on now! Oh well... I've probably said enough anyway.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
Career politicians and bureaucrats still do not get it.

The American people elected President Trump because he is NOT one of them and because he doesn't adhere to their tired old norms.

Trump has always been apart of the establishment and he even admits so himself here in this clip after he also he admits he lies to his supporters. But I know you and everyone else will just ignore this because it destroys your delusional reality.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Oblique9043
Hey, that charity thing was #ty. And I have voiced my disagreement on several issues, such as pulling support for the Kurds, which nobody really cared about u til the establishment media told everyone to have Trump for it.

However, he paid up. Plus, it was sesame Street compared to the entire nation of Haiti being defrauded by his political rival's sham Charity which was a front for foreign political donations. Fact of the matter is, Trump will have my vote and support regardless, because he admittedly is not perfect. And the fact he even says as much is more than Jan can be said for his rivals.

So buckle up buttercup, but 2020 belongs to Americans and the POTUS we all admire and support.
I dedicate this song to our president.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I love how when Trump supporters get shown that the guy they supposedly voted for to end corruption is blatantly corrupt, they shrug their shoulders and make some rationalization that completely contradicts the reasons they claimed to vote for Trump in the first place. It really all boils down to you all being fooled into believing hes one of you and that's the only thing that matters. That you all feel like you and your kind are in power. And as Trump has shown over and over, having morals, decency or caring about following the law are not prerequisites to being a part of your group. Because if they were, you wouldn't consider him to be on your side.

And last time I checked, I was an American too. Contrary to your delusional belief system, Trump supporters are not America incarnate. You all actually represent the worst of America and you're like the embarassing little brother who wont stop making a fool of himself in front of everyone while being totally oblivious to how everyone sees your behavior.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If McCabe will not be charged could that mean he has already made a deal and we simply do not know about it?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join