It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the 4th dimension be all things paranormal and unknown?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I've always had a belief in ghosts until I started to realize that all ghost encounters could be a terrestrial inter-dimensional being or intelligence interacting with us. Playing tricks on us, from ghosts, all things paranormal, to contact from dead relatives, to deja vu, to out of body experiences? Could the next layer of reality be just that? An occasionally it interacts with us and that is all it is capable of doing entering into our 3-D world? There are no ghosts! It's all an intelligent layer of the next dimension. The next dimension could be pure intelligence. I think it's true because I think you can dance with this intelligence, this energy is real, and it's not human, but it's earthly, it's us and it's beautiful. It's something I thought was thread worthy combing Rupert Sheldrake's theories and String Theory, and everyone's encounter's and experiences.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

A single dimension can be thought of as a direction. It has no thickness. It isn't a world. And it is strongly defined, mathematically.

Four-dimensional space
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 18th Century Spiritualist mumbo-jumbo that attributes higher dimensions to be entire alternate realities or realms just shows ignorance or misunderstanding of mathematics.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I’ve often thought the same thing, Angel,ghosts,demons?? Are the visitors of the 4th?? S&F. Great post

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The first three dimensions are Width, height, depth.

The fourth dimension is time.

Thus the first three dimensions move through the fourth.

If you want to talk about the stuff of higher plains ... then you are talking about the 5th, 6th etc.

Do you have time to change your OP to get it right?

P

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

If you want to talk about the stuff of higher plains ... then you are talking about the 5th, 6th etc.

Do you have time to change your OP to get it right?

P

Yeah no I don't because I think it's the 4th dimension and that is what it should be because it's obvious. C'mon our 3-D world interacts with something unknown that is the 4th dimension interacting with us by definition of the 4th dimension!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Sure, maybe. I've thought the same on some days. It may be one puzzle piece.

Though I tend to agree with the (now popular with many new agey folks) idea that we share 3-D space with different realms operating at different "frequencies." I, like billions of humans, have had experiences with seemingly intelligent beings who are usually invisible but can effect some matter, and seemingly consciousness, too, in a limited manner.

A couple instances sure seemed like they were recently deceased people. One that I knew well really radiated aspects of the personality and I could imagine him as present but not able to directly talk to us and only able to move objects on occasion.

The old mediums used to illustrate it as a radio dial where one tunes into the reality they resonate with at a conscious level, but all "stations" coexisted in the same space-time. When one died, their consciousness shifted out of the physical focus.

Then again, 5 or 6 teensy extra dimensions are posited in the leading theories of physics, and there are undoubtedly undreamt of things waiting to be discovered and so anything is at least possible.

One of the few things I'm personally sure of, though, is that there are aspects to this reality hidden to our 5 senses.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
A 3D world is static and unchanging because time it not involved. Time is the 4th dimension as it allows movement. I don't know about a dimension of spirituality that can be added like these 4.

As far as ghosts and apparitions are concerned, I have thought more in the lines of time mirages or time echos. The image of something that occurred in another time but was so horrific or unexpected that it is messed up in time and can almost exist in another place in time. Like a fainter double exposure but in the real world. This is sometimes so powerful as to be interactive like it is connecting the time the observer is in and the time of the cause of the apparition.

edit on 2 13 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Yeah but by the mathematical definition of the 4th dimension - ghost/paranormal/unknown encounters by definition are coming from the 4th dimension - because we are in a 3-D world and they are entering our 3-D world from a different dimension, it's our world/or simulation. That is the same physical graphic of a 4d model. That is the same way a ghost works or anything paranormal out of our reality...From both perspectives, scientific, and conspiracy, seriously,

TLDR

Anything out of our reality entering our reality is from the 4th dimension. Period.
edit on 13-2-2020 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Ghost, paranormal don't need no stinkin dimensions.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You do realize the concept of a 4th dimension is a dimension outside the boundaries of our perceptional limits right?

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Many people indeed refer to time as a 4th dimension, but isn't that a bit of a misnomer? Is it really a dimension like width, height and depth? Can you even compare those 4 and put them in the same category? To me the latter 3 clearly justify the label "dimension", but I'm not so sure about the concept of time. I understand some people to refer to the latter 3 as "dimensions of space" and to "time" as a "dimension of time", but that last term already indicates that something fishy is going on here. If "time" is really in its own category like that, why confusingly talk about 4 dimensions (and even more than 4) lumping them all together like that as if they are all the same kind of thing, a dimension? Maybe it's justified given the modern preferred definition given for "dimension" but the way people end up talking about the subjects ends up being rather confusing and perhaps even misleading (especially once you go beyond 4). In my view, there really are only 3 dimensions (of space). I think we'd be better off using another term for other concepts such as time ("dimension of time" sounds a bit redundant if it's in its own category anyway).

In online IQ-tests they sometimes have multiple choice questions with 4 words, labels or terms (3 of which belonging to a particular category and 1 of which being the odd one out), and then ask you to pick the one that doesn't fit in with the others (or phrased slightly differently). If one were to ask such a question with the words "width", "height", "depth" and "time", I wonder which word the majority would pick as being the odd one out. I would not be surprised if it turns out to be "time". Of course, it's highly unikely for someone to put that specific question in an online IQ-test (because of its ambiguity and because so many people have already used the concept of time as the 4th dimension in speech and text), so I guess I'd have better luck finding a poll about it or something. Or just making an educated guess how people would respond on average.

I know I'd pick "time" as the odd one out.
edit on 14-2-2020 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Wonder if you've ever read Vallée's "Passport to Magonia" ?

He and John Keel have/had interesting ideas that collapse the great variety of paranormal entities and experiences down to fewer distinct types of phenomena.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Nature always turns out to be so much stranger than anything we could have ever imagined:

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

From my non-expert opinion, the 4th dimension is a dimension perpendicular to our X, Y, Z or 3D world.

Our 3D brains have a difficult time understanding how something can be perpendicular to all three.

If something were to exist in the 4th dimension, it would also exist in our perceived 1 thru 3 dimensions. However, we would only experience parts of it. It's whole would probably make little sense to us as we could not "see" all of it.

Perhaps that which we call paranormal is indeed the fragments of the whole we perceive with our 3D brains. I have no reason to dispute this hypothesis at the moment. Since the scientific method is based on measurement, I have no idea how we measure something we do not perceive.
edit on AM6795AMRCST2020 by ABNARTY because: sp

edit on AM6805AMRCST2020 by ABNARTY because: sp

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
We have to distinguish between the metaphorical meaning of "the fourth dimension" as a general source of paranormal phenomena and its mathematical meaning. The latter is not helpful in explaining the former because supergravity theory and superstring theory predict that all the higher dimensions are compactified, so that they cannot generate large-scale, hidden universes that contain their own entities.

However, here is where the notion gets interesting: E8xE8' heterotic superstring theory is one of the five superstring theories that apply at different kinds of limits of the more general M-theory. As first shown by Witten & Horava, it predicts that two 10-d space-time sheets exist in 11-d space-time, separated by a narrow gap or segment extending along the tenth dimension of space required by M-theory/supergravity theory. The superstrings in one sheet are singlet states of E8' and the superstrings in the other sheet are singlet states of E8. This means that the two kinds of matter can interact with each other only gravitationally; they cannot cross the gap permanently separating the two universes. In the universe familiar to the five senses, matter is composed of E8'-singlet states confined to one space-time sheet; in the second sheet, matter is composed of E8-singlet superstrings and therefore it is invisible to any living thing composed of E8-singlet states of E8xE8' heterotic superstrings. It has only a gravitational effect on ordinary matter (it is an ingredient of dark matter). But suppose that entities inhabit this invisible universe and that human beings inhabit both universes simultaneously (after all, things in each space-time sheet occupy exactly the same 9-d space; they are merely separated by being confined to different points along the 10th dimension of space). Possibly, some of the creatures evolving in the hidden, parallel universe have developed the ability to materialise briefly in the other one, just as some people claim to have clairvoyant vision enabling them to see creatures unknown to science because they exist (most of the time) in the universe filled with E8-singlet superstrings, which, by definition, cannot interact with the physical matter from which scientific instruments of detection are made.

This intrusion (called "paranormal" by those ignorant of the wider, more complete nature of reality) would NOT be from a literal, "fourth dimension" - that's just a metaphorical way of speaking that tries to extrapolate the everyday, 3-d world to accommodate paranormal phenomena. Instead, the intrusion would be from an invisible universe that mirrors the familiar one in many respects except that it is displaced from it along a hidden, compactified dimension of space that renders the universe invisible to a science that has to rely on its physical means of observation/detection being built ultimately from E8'-singlet superstrings. Human beings, however, are not so restricted. They exist in BOTH universes simultaneously, although most (perhaps fortunately) have a brain-generated awareness of only one universe. But sometimes, when they have an OBE, they find themselves outside their physical bodies and able to roam about in the second universe in a body that always exists in it (but which they are not conscious of). This mirror universe looks in many respects like the one which they normally inhabit. The difference, of course, is that they can now pass through objects because their bodies are composed of only E8-singlet states of E8xE8' heterotic superstrings, which do not interact with the ordinary matter composing these objects except through the very weak gravitational force. You may ask: how can they see their inert bodies if they are viewing from the parallel universe - wouldn't their bodies be now invisible to them? No, because they carry with them the memory of their bodies and its environment at the time of the OBE, and all its information, stored in the subconscious, automatically generates a virtual reality of their former world that is superimposed on their new field of perception, which is sensitive only to what exists in the second universe filled with E8-singlet superstrings. This enables them to experience the physical universe, although they are no longer restricted by the laws of physics that operate there because they now function in the universe governed by different laws of physics, namely, those which apply to E8-singlet superstrings.

M-theory allows us the possibility of beginning to understand paranormal phenomena not in terms of fanciful higher dimensions of space but in terms of the two kinds of co-existing universes predicted by E8xE8' heterotic superstring theory, the theory that I suggest applies to the real universe.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

You do realize the concept of a 4th dimension is a dimension outside the boundaries of our perceptional limits right?

With a single dimension, you can define the position of a point along a line. The line and the point have no thickness, for them to have a thickness, you would require an additional dimension.

With two dimensions, you can define the position of any point on a plane. Again the plane has no 3D thickness, it is dimensionless in all but those two dimensions.

With three dimensions, we can define 3D space and can can define the position of a point within that space. At this point we can also have a thickness of a 3D object, so things like chemistry and atoms can exist, because they are 3D objects.

With four dimensions we have the opportunity to define not only spatial position on three axes, but also the position of an object in time.

In the past, time was believed to be a conceptual and perceptual thing but Einstein revealed that it was part or the same coordinate system as the other three dimensions. He did this by identifying that we could measure time as a distance. This is because of the constant 'c', which reveals that 1 second is exactly equal to 299,792,458 meters and we had been mistakenly using the wrong measurement because we had thought it was different.

One of the things I have been wrestling with in physics is the reason we only perceive a particular 'directionality' to the dimension of time, the so called 'arrow of time', and the fact that, although we know the higher dimensions exist, we cannot perceive them.

It is like our ability to perceive starts to break down, at first partially, with the fourth dimension, and then fully for higher ones. I am trying to find a reason that this happens.

The non-visibility of the higher dimensions does not grant them mystical or supernatural qualities. There must be a rational explanation because all of physics 'makes sense'. We just haven't yet understood the rules.

edit on 14/2/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi
We have to distinguish between the metaphorical meaning of "the fourth dimension" as a general source of paranormal phenomena and its mathematical meaning. The latter is not helpful in explaining the former because supergravity theory and superstring theory predict that all the higher dimensions are compactified, so that they cannot generate large-scale, hidden universes that contain their own entities.

However, here is where the notion gets interesting: E8xE8' heterotic superstring theory is one of the five superstring theories that apply at different kinds of limits of the more general M-theory. As first shown by Witten & Horava, it predicts that two 10-d space-time sheets exist in 11-d space-time, separated by a narrow gap or segment extending along the tenth dimension of space required by M-theory/supergravity theory. The superstrings in one sheet are singlet states of E8' and the superstrings in the other sheet are singlet states of E8. This means that the two kinds of matter can interact with each other only gravitationally; they cannot cross the gap permanently separating the two universes. In the universe familiar to the five senses, matter is composed of E8'-singlet states confined to one space-time sheet; in the second sheet, matter is composed of E8-singlet superstrings and therefore it is invisible to any living thing composed of E8-singlet states of E8xE8' heterotic superstrings. It has only a gravitational effect on ordinary matter (it is an ingredient of dark matter). But suppose that entities inhabit this invisible universe and that human beings inhabit both universes simultaneously (after all, things in each space-time sheet occupy exactly the same 9-d space; they are merely separated by being confined to different points along the 10th dimension of space). Possibly, some of the creatures evolving in the hidden, parallel universe have developed the ability to materialise briefly in the other one, just as some people claim to have clairvoyant vision enabling them to see creatures unknown to science because they exist (most of the time) in the universe filled with E8-singlet superstrings, which, by definition, cannot interact with the physical matter from which scientific instruments of detection are made.

This intrusion (called "paranormal" by those ignorant of the wider, more complete nature of reality) would NOT be from a literal, "fourth dimension" - that's just a metaphorical way of speaking that tries to extrapolate the everyday, 3-d world to accommodate paranormal phenomena. Instead, the intrusion would be from an invisible universe that mirrors the familiar one in many respects except that it is displaced from it along a hidden, compactified dimension of space that renders the universe invisible to a science that has to rely on its physical means of observation/detection being built ultimately from E8'-singlet superstrings. Human beings, however, are not so restricted. They exist in BOTH universes simultaneously, although most (perhaps fortunately) have a brain-generated awareness of only one universe. But sometimes, when they have an OBE, they find themselves outside their physical bodies and able to roam about in the second universe in a body that always exists in it (but which they are not conscious of). This mirror universe looks in many respects like the one which they normally inhabit. The difference, of course, is that they can now pass through objects because their bodies are composed of only E8-singlet states of E8xE8' heterotic superstrings, which do not interact with the ordinary matter composing these objects except through the very weak gravitational force. You may ask: how can they see their inert bodies if they are viewing from the parallel universe - wouldn't their bodies be now invisible to them? No, because they carry with them the memory of their bodies and its environment at the time of the OBE, and all its information, stored in the subconscious, automatically generates a virtual reality of their former world that is superimposed on their new field of perception, which is sensitive only to what exists in the second universe filled with E8-singlet superstrings. This enables them to experience the physical universe, although they are no longer restricted by the laws of physics that operate there because they now function in the universe governed by different laws of physics, namely, those which apply to E8-singlet superstrings.

M-theory allows us the possibility of beginning to understand paranormal phenomena not in terms of fanciful higher dimensions of space but in terms of the two kinds of co-existing universes predicted by E8xE8' heterotic superstring theory, the theory that I suggest applies to the real universe.

The question arises as to how an entity could pass between the alternate 8-spaces. Surely such bridging would be highly energetic and dangerous to the physics of each space?

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I believe what your saying to be absolutely correct. Why? Because not only am I able to catch glimpses of these other worldly entities, I have photographic evidence to back my claims.
I began documenting what I captured over three years ago now. I've managed to compile what I believe to be some of the best photographic evidence to date of these beings. In addition, science believes an entity from a higher dimension can see into our word clearly however, because our perception is limited to 3 Dimensional space, if we humans were able to see into the forth di mension we would see snippets of something as it passed on through. I just so happen to catch them as they do.
I'm new here and not sure how all of this works however, I've managed to upload a couple of screen shots of said beings.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

If they are talking about space Dimensions then it is not time Dimension so discussion a fourth dimension does not automatically make it a Time dimension.

Several scientist are looking into more than one dimension of time.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Well it isn't Kansas...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join