It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barr says Trump tweets 'make it impossible to do my job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Barr says Trump tweets 'make it impossible to do my job'

The White House says President Trump isn't "bothered" or deterred after Attorney General Bill Barrtold ABC News on Thursday that the president's tweets "make it impossible for me to do my job," in an unusual swipe at the president -- although Barr emphasized that Trump "has never asked me to do anything in a criminal case."

The news cycle is making a lot of noise today about what could be the next falling out between Trump and one of his top officials.

It use to be said that Trump and Barr were going to drain the swamp together... now its looking like they might not be able to work together.

Is the media making more out of this than it really is? Or will Barr be the next one to jump ship?

Barr did make it clear that the President never asked him to do anything that might be seen as interfering with a case; and Trump didn't attack Barr back like he normally would; so maybe this was just a lovers spat that's going to blow over in a few days.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Well, if it's impossible for Bill Barr to "do his job", it's time for him to resign.

The End

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Well, if it's impossible for Bill Barr to "do his job", it's time for him to resign.

The End

I agree
Get someone in there to prosecute those responsible for the illegal fisa warrants!

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
When you see the interview in greater depth, you understand why President Trump said he's not bothered by Barr's statements, and has the utmost confidence in him.

In an exclusive ABC News interview on Thursday (2/13/2020), Attorney General William Barr said that President Donald Trump’s tweeting about his department was making it “impossible for me to do my job.”

Barr was addressing the Justice Department’s reversal on Roger Stone’s sentence following a tweet posted by President Donald Trump.

While discussing his plan to amend the prosecutors’ sentencing recommendations, Barr said, “Once the tweet occurred, the question is well now what do I do? Do you go forward with what you think is the right decision, or do you pull back because of the tweet? And that just illustrated how disruptive the tweets can be.”

ABC News chief justice correspondent Pierre Thomas asked, “So you are saying you have a problem with the Tweets.”

Barr said, “Well, I have a problem with some of the tweets. I’m happy to say, in fact, the president has never asked me to do anything in a criminal case. However to have publics statement and tweets made about the department, about people in the department, our men and women here, about cases pending in the department and about judges before whom we have cases make it impossible for me to do my job and to assure the courts and the prosecutors in the department that we’re doing our work with integrity.”

Thomas asked, “Mr. Barr, the president does not like to be told what to do. He may not like what you’re saying. Are you prepared for those ramifications?”

Barr said, “Of course. As I said during my confirmation, I came in to serve as attorney general. I am responsible for everything that happens in the department, but the thing I have most responsibilities for are the issues that are brought to me for decision. And I will make those decisions based on what I think is the right thing to do. I’m not going to be bullied or influenced by anybody, and I said whether it’s Congress, newspaper editorial boards or the president. I’m going to do what I think is right. And you know I think the —I cannot do my job at the department with a constant background commentary that undercuts me. ”

He added, “I have not discussed the Roger Stone case with the White House.”
Source: www.breitbart.com...#

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

This is called keep them guessing. I remember when Sessions didn't "agree" with POTUS as well.

The Dems playbook is very simple and has long been exposed.

Barr is baiting..

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

It certainly does make it harder for Barr to cover up Trump's criminal behavior when Trump is blatantly tweeting about the criminal behavior.

It's like trying to claim your client in innocent when he goes around saying, "Yeah! I did it MF, and I'll do it again!"

Pretty simple.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Hopeless...

Delusional or Dumb..pick one.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

It certainly does make it harder for Barr to cover up Trump's criminal behavior when Trump is blatantly tweeting about the criminal behavior.

It's like trying to claim your client in innocent when he goes around saying, "Yeah! I did it MF, and I'll do it again!"

Pretty simple.
Lol, what a ridiculous post, but then again are we surprised by leftist delusions?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
a reply to: Liquesence

Hopeless...

Delusional or Dumb..pick one.

I’d go for both.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It's literally nothing.

The media is over blowing this, Barr and Trump actually have an understanding on how to handle things.

Obviously, Trump hasn't tweeted anything and nothing dramatic has happened.

Nothingburger.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Barr has served under multiple administrations and is kinda a badass.

That being said, he has a point.

In the current political climate where Trump will next be impeached (or at least heavily investigated) for farting, him tweeting about something that Barr was handling anyways just throws chum in water for Dems to make political hay with.

Which is a shame really.... Democrats should get over that they lost and get on with representing the People.

Alas, THAT is never going to happen because BAMN.

Trump saw something that was wrong and pointed it out.

He should have shut up and let Barr take care of it,

But for better or worse, Trump tweets what he thinks.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Well, to be truthfulh, Trumps tweets do make it hard for Barr to do his job. Trump cannot say it doesn't. The tweets ire people up and Barr gets overwhelmed with the response from the press and it really makes what he is trying to accomplish much more time consuming.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Liquesence

Pretty simple.
Lol, what a ridiculous post, but then again are we surprised by leftist delusions?

I watch and listen to liberal media hours each day, just to see in real time what is causing the current exodus from the Democrat party. And to ENJOY their emotions....ranging from anger yesterday, to confusion today.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

AG Barr should just tell Durham to start prosecuting people one at a time, like Mueller did. There's no need to send 17 officers, with boats and helicopters to the homes of James Comey, John Brennan, Andy McCabe, etc.. JUST INDICT THE CRIMINALS.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The answer to your question is, yes. The media is making a bigger deal out of this than it is...that is what the useless MSM does so they can make money and enrage the weak minded.
edit on 2020/2/13 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I just find it ironic that so many want to focus on just this one statement, like a laser beam, rather than taking the whole of what Barr said in context.

By reading the OP, and listening to the MSM, you'd think this was the only thing Barr said, and it was not.

ETA - Pick a headline, any headline, and what does it say (about this subject)???
edit on 2/14/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The End

I agree
Get someone in there to prosecute those responsible for the illegal fisa warrants!

You mean get someone who will do trump's bidding no questions asked...

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I just find it ironic that so many want to focus on just this one statement, like a laser beam, rather than taking the whole of what Barr said in context.

You mean his bottom line summation that it's "impossible" for him to do his job? I think that's the main takeaway from his interview, no matter how far he tried to smear the blame around.

top topics

join