It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics is really PC (Boomers) vs Non-PC (Millennials)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The only thing that carries any value politically for me is preserving the rights of individuals over the rights of Government. Freedom is the metric we should use to measure any candidate or policy decision. Is it more freedom or less? The left and right is BS.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

Word man..

Our four fathers did want that...

I thought it was five fathers?

Seriously, just in case you weren't aware - it's forefathers.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Nm
edit on 14-2-2020 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I find it funny all this talk about boomers and millennials. Everyone seems to forget about gen x, who are the generation coming into power now.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man
I suggest narrowing it down. Political correctness is what happens when people who grew in in the cutlure of the Sixties mature into positions of power and authority.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: thov420

....I don't disagree the whole left/right hate is mostly for us peons. They get together and party it up all the time, especially the uber-rich....

...If they can't even get off their butts to cast a vote for their future, I would argue they aren't healthy decision makers...

Hopefully sometime in the near future, when people realize the left vs right paradigm is complete BS and both political sides work together to obtain as much graft as possible while playing their parts, people will also take a closer look at voting and what it actually accomplishes...or doesn't.

When the entire system is rotten to the core and the choices for our votes are provided to us by our oligarchs, does voting actually accomplish anything. Party A wins...oligarchs wins - or - Party B wins...oligarchs still wins. Hmmmmm, there is something wrong here.

edit on 14-2-2020 by ClovenSky because: format

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

So why are a lot of our youngster participating? Especially the college aged. Are the flower 60s people that much of an influence with our youngest segment of society?

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky
All right, I was oversimplifying. Perahps we can say that the attitudes of the Sixties provided the original driving force.

edit on 14-2-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

It is very curious though. If that is where is started, why? Was the system ripe for this manipulation or do you think it is completely organic, just something of the times that was bound to birth and grow?

Maybe the aftermath will provide something that we didn't understand before, or something that will benefit humanity by overcoming this madness.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gravelbone

The same crowd that started that "OK Boomer" thing and blame the boomers for all of their owes are the exact same group that's trying to push a 78 year old into the White House. If you want the world to believe you, your narrative at least needs to have internal consistency. Railing about how the world pisses on the young and the old are destroying the youngs' futures, then making an almost octogenarian your figurehead while presenting him as your generation's only hope is about as ridiculous a mixed message as it would be if the National Abstinence Association chose Heidi Fleis as their spokeswoman.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky
I'm inclined to see it as organic. People's minds are formed when the surrounding culture takes a particular shape, and many of them carry that with them for the rest of their lives. Others, on the other hand are affected by the aging process which often makes people more conservative (I was born conservative).

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I'm in between Boomers and Millennials and I'm anti-PC. Most Millennials I know are as PC as it gets. Totally opposite of my parents and other Boomers.

Still trying to figure out the recent onslaught of bashing Boomers lately, too.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: pointr97

Same I've wondered. Both of my parents are from the Baby Boomer generation and a lot of young kids love to toss out the "Boomer" term. Likely as an insult to older people.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

First...I am a baby boomer...
This political correctness bull didn't start until the early 1980's.
I could be wrong,it could have been in the late 1970's.I have no
memory of this pc bull while I was in high school,I graduated in
I don't hate millennials,my grandchildren are millennials.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join