It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: checkmeout

Taxi driver was a super spreader?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Or normal spreader? We still don't know. Strikes me it's more than R0 of 2 to 4. But so far not super deadly outside China. The impact on critical care will be huge tho and once those beds fill up (IF the numbers rise elsewhere)

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: tlearyus

I'm going to say I dont believe that Tencent grab from a week ago was photoshopped.

You're right, it wasn't photshopped, they simply right-clicked the website and changed some lines in HTML. Incredibly easy.

Forget that picture already, it has absolutely NO worth. Literally anybody with a computer could have faked it and it would have looked exactly as the original site.

What are even the chances that the poor webmaster assigned to updating the Tencent site would even know the real numbers, huh? Unless you can see those numbers in the WayBackMachine or on your own browser when visiting the site, it doesn't mean jack.

People, stop speculating out of that picture already, it shows nothing but people's inability to grasp how ridiculously easy it is to fake a site and then take a picture.

That doesn't mean the official numbers coming from China are not absolute bull# though, obviously, but learn to discern something that is incredibly easy to fake and that has no backing and something that DOES have weight.

The fact that they may coincide in terms of result doesn't mean that the easy-to-fake photo is proven right automatically.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:27 AM
link   
one person as died in france

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Mateo96

My understanding is Tencent gets their numbers directly from Beijing and are very much a CCP extension site. As I said, I think it is very possible that someone in Beijing hit the wrong button and sent actual government counts to Tencent which were put up and then quickly taken back down and replaced with what the CCP would have originally intended.

link   

You're right, it wasn't photshopped, they simply right-clicked the website and changed some lines in HTML. Incredibly easy.

I've been creating websites for over 15 yrs, I never known it to be so easy, as to just right-click any site & change text! Source code has to be edited then uploaded, or else be logged into site, as with wordpress before edits can be made

link   
First death in France!!

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoldGlobal

I've been creating websites for over 15 yrs, I never known it to be so easy, as to just right-click any site & change text! Source code has to be edited then uploaded, or else be logged into site, as with wordpress before edits can be made

edit on 15-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: was meant to be reply to GoldGlobal

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Right click > Inspect Element > change the numbers > take phone picture > Upload to WeChat and other sites > go viral

That's it. You don't need to edit it in the server, you just gotta change it on your end and snap a picture, I don't understand how you guys don't understand how incredibly easy it is to do such a thing.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Is ATS under attack? I wonder if Mods or staff might know if anything strange is going on like DDoS attacks against ATS? Noticed that past few days at least, sometimes take 5 minutes for a reply to actually go through or to refresh page?

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67
Nice photoshop image

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   

OK, that's still image manipulation - you cannot change the text on a page, like changing my actual post text. you're creating an image of it

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Nice photoshop image

Haha, it's not photoshop. Just right click on this post in chrome for example. Click inspect. See my post's text in the html. edit it. It's only visible to you on your browser, but screen grab is genuine.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: GoldGlobal

There:
imgur.com...

That's literally what they did in order to edit that website, they took a picture, then shared it in social media.
No other person saw the same numbers, and no databases such as the WayBackMachine are able to retrieve any screenshot of the website with those same numbers.

It's fake until proven otherwise by any of those two circumstances.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   

OK, that's still image manipulation - you cannot change the text on a page, like changing my actual post text. you're creating an image of it

Of course you can.

Your browser reads and works using HTML that it receives from a website.

You simply change the html in your browser and you can make the page on your browser say anything.

You don't need photoshop you just change the html.

Frankly if you've been building websites for years and you don't know this - well I'd hate to see one of your creations.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I believe it’s web maint. It happens to me between 0530-0600 EST.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: GoldGlobal

I agree that if they posted actually on the website then possibly could have been human error updating site but it was just a screen shot from what I saw
Edit:
And as a site designer you’d be aware that those figures would be pulled from some database arrangement and the site would just grab from there or update on a cron job periodically, don’t think anyone would be actually going in and editing the actual site at all, if badly coded it could even be manipulated on that vector as well
edit on 15-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: Expand answer

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

OK last on this - actual websites can be bookmarked, viewed at any time present or future. You're talking an image of an adulterated web page that is not permanently online for anyone to view at any time

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 05:17 AM
link   

a reply to: Power_Semi

OK last on this - actual websites can be bookmarked, viewed at any time present or future. You're talking an image of an adulterated web page that is not permanently online for anyone to view at any time

That's why the dude only posted a picture and nobody has been able to confirm since then that the Tencent page DID display those numbers. Literally nobody else has corroborated or seen that site display those numbers.

Why are we on part 3 of this thing and we're still debating that screenshot that has no backing of any short?

Back on topic, the German tourist in La Gomera has now left quarantine and he has been cured, no traces of the virus in the last two tests, shouldn't he appear as cured in WuFlu.Live?
edit on 15-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join