It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

The thing is that we don't see it erupting into large outbreaks outside of China.

In order to do that, we would need to see it erupting like it is on the Diamond Princess, and it hasn't done that in any of cases outside of China as of yet.

For that matter, why hasn't it erupted in Western China? Where are those massive outbreaks? You can't tell me none of the infected traveled out there or from there to Wuhan and back for holidays or anything else during the trouble period.

It may just be that being spread out more and not stacked into large apartment blocks like they are in much of China (or tight berths like the Diamond Princess) is a factor that helps limit the effectiveness of spreading.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The Ecuadorian government seems to be more proactive than the US. I saw no signs of virus related activity at JFK international airport; none of the air port staff where wearing masks and ect. In guayaquil international airport the staff had masks on; and there where several stations with what I assumed were doctors (white coats) giving out information and it looked like they where ready to pull people out of line if they were sick.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'm not here for spreading or entertaining wild conspiracy theories nor am I in some hysterical panic state. No, I'm 'curious' on this 'Event' that is unfolding and changing everyday that has some of the world's top leading virology/epidemiology experts highly concerned. To me that seems like a big deal until proven otherwise.

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know."
-- Donald Rumsfeld

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Western China does have lower population density and more farm lands with surrounding rural areas.

Even the big cities like Chengdu and Nanning are not as tight or packed as the big 4 Tier 1 cities and their surrounding provinces.

In the eastern provinces you can travel across half of China on a train and feel like you’ve never left a rural area. You’ll see farms and villages the whole distance until hit towns and cities.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The thing is that we don't see it erupting into large outbreaks outside of China.

In order to do that, we would need to see it erupting like it is on the Diamond Princess, and it hasn't done that in any of cases outside of China as of yet.

That's my point. It's not instant, it might take a while. But take Singapore for example. Close to China so obvious they could get more cases, but they have excellent medical, and are thorough in reporting and prevention. Yet, they just had their largest jump, 8 in a day. They are warning of a recession. Of their 58 cases, 7 are in ICU. Exponentially extrapolate that.

There is worry for a reason.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I haven't said there isn't reason to worry.

I said it was wise for the US to prepare their military pandemic protocol, but so far it seems to me that conditions have to be right for this to get out of hand, and those conditions haven't been met in most of the rest of the world as of yet.

If they do, we can see things go downhill quickly.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I am starting to notice a trend here in this thread. It seems like some kind of systematic control mechanism that controls the narrative of the evening.

This at the moment is the "calm, it's not that bad," evening.

It seems we go through more serious days of posting, and then the anti doom team comes along to calm the masses.

What will tomorrow bring?

Well, I picked up 25 pounds more of rice, 5 pounds of protein supplement, a case of powerade, 12 pounds of flour, and a mixture of canned goods, oh and oh and 530 tablets of ultra strength antacid tablets.

Regardless, this episode reminded me that I have been too lax in my ability to sustain my family and I over a certain period of time, without the intervention of other people or agencies.

If you do at least take time to check your preps, from this China debacle, then that is on you.

I almost think that this is the calm before the storm again and monday will ramp up with more terrible news.

Remember the weekends seem to be the slowest reporting days of the week. Just because we don't see any new news, doesn't mean that it is good news.

I just hope my gut feeling is wrong. I hope that I have to worry about cycling out my stocks of food before they spoil.

edit on 14-2-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2020 by liejunkie01 because: Grammar and spelling

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If we consider the economic condition regarding the present world economy, it seems to have occurred at about the right time. To bring in a edict that cash will have to be banned as it is considered a very real risk of cross infection. Which it would be. Which would mean the card that you are carrying has only the value which your Bank says it has, you could be rendered a "Non person" very quickly. If this thing gets a hold, the real conspiracy theorist will have a field day. The Chinese warehouses were full, as world shipping slowed. So it is also handy to have everyone at home while the inventory is run down. If this hadn't happened they would have had to invent it anyway.
Laws regarding quarantine and isolation are another interesting one, where you can be whisked away if required. Time will tell but their are enough terrorisms laws to contend with as it is. Anyone smell fish?

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
I am starting to notice a trend here in this thread. It seems like some kind of systematic control mechanism that controls the narrative of the evening.

This at the moment is the "calm, it's not that bad," evening.

It seems we go through more serious days of posting, and then the anti doom team comes along to calm the masses.

What will tomorrow bring?

Well, I picked up 25 pounds more of rice, 5 pounds of protein supplement, a case of powerade, 12 pounds of flour, and a mixture of canned goods, oh and oh and 530 tablets of ultra strength antacid tablets.

Regardless, this episode reminded me that I have been too lax in my ability to sustain my family and I over a certain period of time, without the intervention of other people or agencies.

If you do at least take time to check your preps, from this China debacle, then that is on you.

I almost think that this is the calm before the storm again and monday will ramp up with more terrible news.

Remember the weekends seem to be the slowest reporting days of the week. Just because we don't see any new news, doesn't mean that it is good mews.

I just hope my gut feeling is wrong. I hope that I have to worry a out cycling out my stocks of food before they spoil.

Wellcome to CoronApocalypse

edit on 14-2-2020 by AngelsDecay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I haven't said there isn't reason to worry.

I said it was wise for the US to prepare their military pandemic protocol, but so far it seems to me that conditions have to be right for this to get out of hand, and those conditions haven't been met in most of the rest of the world as of yet.

If they do, we can see things go downhill quickly.

I don't think there really are conditions to be met other than more infected people are wandering around vs. under quarantine, infecting others. The longer it goes, unless the virus mutates to a less contagious form, will almost certainly become out of control. Asymptomatic conditions which apparently no expert is really sure the duration, with mild symptoms in many cases, could readily spread this. It won't be fast, but once it reaches a certain point of saturation, there will be little that can be done but let it run its course.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: InterplanetaryHobo

Anyone notice that 98% of the confirmed deaths, just happen to have been those who are opposed to the official ruling party.

Wait, how do you know that? Or are you assuming? Do not get me wrong, I also think the the CCP are killing people that oppose them. We know they kill to harvest body organs and stuff.

But stating that number is another thing xD

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
CLEAR EVIDENCE it is NOT a Bioweapon. So What's All This About ACE2 and nCoV-2019 (COVID-2019)?

LIVING IN THE LAND OF ABJECT OBJECTIVITY, as a truly independent scientist, I see streams of information from a wide and diverse number of sources. It’s also a cozy little spot where arrows of bias from “both sides” of every issue are flung with remarkable ease – and with little consideration for liability over unwarranted attempts at defamation.

Another possibility is high ambient exposure to bat coronaviruses. People in the region, however, have been eating wild-caught animals for thousands of years. Since China has such an exceptional written history going deep into their past, it would behoove humanity to study the ancient scrolls from China for evidence of plagues traced to eating bats, pangolins and other animals we now know understand can harbor coronaviruses. It is likey that B-coronaviruses have been infecting humans for tens if not hundreds of thousands of millenia.

So what’s different in 2019? On Dec 1, a new national vaccine law went into effect. “China is to implement a state immunization program, and residents living within the territory of China are legally obligated to be vaccinated with immunization program vaccines, which are provided by the government free of charge."

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: redpassion

No way to know this.

No way that so many people in any area of China are anti-CCP.

CCP is less than 10% of China’s population.

Hubei is certainly not the epicenter of anti-CCP enclaves. That honor would be Guangdong Province easily and then no way they are even 25% of that province’s population.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Curious, was mission trip up into highlands and if so what was awareness of locals to world events such as coronavirus.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat
dbl post

edit on 14-2-2020 by Phoenix because: double

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

There’s a number of people disagreeing with him in comments and citing Lancet’s papers.

Thanks for posting. The ACE2 thing is interesting and I wonder if it has to do with all the dirty air in China. Makes me wonder if my sons and I have more ACE2 receptors in our lungs.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

this is a really good watch, breaks down a lot of the updates and talks it through so most can understand

the most interesting part, was that if you get the virus a 2nd time, its usually more lethal and can lead to heart failure.

they say this explains the movies of people in the streets seemingly dropping on the spot..

the meds used to beat the virus the first time, make your heart vulnerable on a 2nd infection.

edit on 14/2/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join