It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

How do they know the patient actually was asymptomatic for all that time? You're counting on them being able to accurately track the real time of first exposure/infection too. Usually that's contact with the last known infected person, but if you're talking about China, they could also have run across a contaminated surface in the wild these days.

That ends up being how you get those wildly long incubation times. You have someone who's last contact wasn't the thing that actually infected them, but they count from the last known contact.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Suspected case turned up to a Porstmouth GP which is now closed

www.portsmouth.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal

Researchers say the coronavirus may be more contagious than current data shows.

China’s health minister, Ma Xiaowei, recently told reporters there is evidence it’s already mutated into a stronger variation that is able to spread more easily among humans.
www.cnbc.com...

This reminds me so much of the Stephen King book "The Stand". Chapter 8 tells a very good outline of a contagious flu and how easily it is passed from one person to another. Although in the book the flu has a 98% fatality rate, which is not we are dealing with right now. But my God.....what will happen when Covid-19 hits the slums of India, Africa, Jamaica, etc? It's going to be a disaster!

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Canada has another presumptive positive case

“She was not in Hubei province and was not in an area where travel was restricted,” Henry said.

“She came home from Shanghai through YVR and then travelled by private vehicle to her home in the interior.”

globalnews.ca...

link   
Watching Channel 4 now on 40D - Is Britain ready for the Coronavirus?
www.channel4.com...

It's clear to us (of course!) but is being said that there is a clear lack of direction and guidelines and basically anything from the government, NHS, Public Health England. Frustrating!

link   
www.channel4.com...

It's clear to us (of course!) but is being said that there is a clear lack of direction and guidelines and basically anything from the government, NHS, Public Health England. Frustrating!

link   
www.channel4.com...

link   
www.channel4.com...

link   
Double post
edit on 14-2-2020 by NxNWest because: (no reason given)

link   
www.channel4.com...

Wow, Professor Ferguson thinks it is definitely a global pandemic. Interesting quick case study in Singapore.
Well worth a watch if you can.
edit on 14-2-2020 by cirrus12 because: added content

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Singapore keeps rising.

Nine new cases in S'pore; two previous cases discharged

Nine new cases of the coronavirus disease, Covid-19, were confirmed yesterday, including a healthcare worker and six patients linked to the Grace Assembly of God church. The church cluster is now the largest in Singapore with 13 patients. The first two patients there tested positive on Tuesday. None of the new cases has recent travel history to China, where the virus originated in Wuhan, and all nine are Singaporeans. Two previously announced cases had recovered and were discharged yesterday, including a two-year-old girl who was one of 92 Singaporeans evacuated from Wuhan on a specially arranged Scoot flight on Jan 30. The other is a 27-year-old man who attended a business meeting at the Grand Hyatt Singapore last month.

www.straitstimes.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Chinese Experts Warn Of Imminent "Surge" In Coronavirus Cases: Virus Updates

Zerohedge

I think they are paving the way for a big case #s coming.

And financial implications, this is where Zerohedge shines, for our more market minded ATSers...

China Is Disintegrating: Steel Demand, Property Sales, Traffic All Approaching Zero

Zerohedge

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
That's pretty close to me! Still now news in my area aside from this Portsmouth news. Paracetamol etc have run out in many shops.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: jedi_hamster
this virus was circulating for at least 2 months in Wuhan already when it all blew up. we're one month after that.

Yes - and during those first two months, there was unfettered travel to/from WuHan to/from everywhere else, so, all of those asymptomatic but shedding travelers, spreading it all over the world, for 2 months...

And we are up to a whopping 15 cases here in the USA?

Do you not see the disconnect there? We should be well on our way to hundreds if not thousands of cases, and more than a few deaths. But 15 - and of those, apparently none serious, much less any deaths?

Something isn't right, and it isn't my maths.

oh, but it is your maths.

during those first two months the number of cases in Wuhan was low compared to the overall population, so it was very unlikely for someone infected to leave China. not saying it didn't happen, it definitely could, but nowhere at a level you're suggesting. you're just bending the facts.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
That's pretty close to me! Still now need in my area aside from this Portsmouth news. Paracetamol etc have run out in many shops.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
pass
edit on 14-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

Kinda thinking that China blanket treating everyone by ct scan and then
“if it looks like pneumonia” going direct to
“you have covid-19”
is also a mistake,the numbers by that method will also be way off, ct scan doesn’t tell you a cause just can see the damage and guess what caused it,
And hitting people with pneumonia or chronic bronchitis as a result of flu (or other source not covid-19) with strong antiretrovirals could probably end up doing far more damage to the persons immune system ( maybe some knows the answer to that?) or result in a similar problem to over use of antibiotics and end up with a drug resistant strain ( just speculating on that though)
edit on 14-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster
oh, but it is your maths.

during those first two months the number of cases in Wuhan was low compared to the overall population, so it was very unlikely for someone infected to leave China. not saying it didn't happen, it definitely could, but nowhere at a level you're suggesting. you're just bending the facts.

Believe whatever you want, there is no way for either of us to prove anything, so it is all opinion. My opinion says we should be experiencing serious issues that could not be covered up by now. I don't know why we aren't, so I'm speculating - just like you.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

There's not enough man power anywhere to count those kinds of numbers. Especially in that time frame so we'd never know if those numbers are happening in 7 days.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Diamondgeezur

Novaminsulfon is what doctors prescribe here,( tabs or drops ) haven’t seen paracetamol in a while tbh
And paracodine drops ( 5-10 drops of that works wonders to stop a cough when you’ve pneumonia
)
I’m not a doctor so don’t take that as medical advice without checking with your own doctor first!
edit on 14-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join