It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: logicsoda

originally posted by: PurpleFox
Obvious population control is obvious

Obvious crackpot theory is obvious....

I prefer Mary Jane.

You don't believe the timing and introduction of this virus is suspect at all?
edit on 14-2-2020 by PurpleFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Egypt has first case, but again traveled inbound from outside the region not much info on that but who says “first case in Africa”
Some other bits of info in the article there too

“The World Health Organization (WHO) has warned the virus poses a "grave threat" to the world, with chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus saying the virus could have "more powerful consequences than any terrorist action".”

www.google.co.uk...
edit on 14-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: Updated info

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
Immunology 101: The Basics and Introduction to our Patient

Immunoglobulins consist of the antibodies and antigens. These parts of the immune system help target specific viruses and bacteria in our bodies and are able to be transfused fairly readily. There are billions+ different variations. Transfusions of other immune components like T Cells can cause complications.

There have been some diseases in which specific engineered antibodies have been man made to help in the treatment. To take down this demon this is where I would throw the money.

One troubling interaction with the inserted RNA from the bat coronvirus to form 2019-nCoV is how this part of HIV is used to latch onto T Cells. As for how much 2019-nCoV interferes with the function of the T Cells is unknown. With reports of immune suppression associated with COVID-19 there is a potential for significant interaction. With some people recovering quickly from initial infection, there may be a long term or later stage infection. There maybe other reasons for variability of immune suppression.

2019-nCoV is the virus.
COVID-19 is the disease.

Covid19 does not affect T cells in the same manner as hiv. I’ve posted a couple of links disputing this already. It does have potential for leukopenia and does affect T cells so I don’t want to dispute that. But it’s overall impact on lymphocytes appears to be much different. Hopefully in a beneficial way for treatment

Edit: let me see if I can find the links to attach in a follow up.
It’ll be nice when health departments outside China have more data and research to rely on though to clear potential issues with its immunosuppressive capabilities
edit on 14-2-2020 by MaverickLRD because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2020 by MaverickLRD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: armakirais
Here is my question . Might be that my thinking is wrong.

A lot of people are questioning the numbers outside of China .

How are they so low ??

Well my thought on this.

Right now we are going through the flu and cold season . When you go to the Dr due to the cold you get some meds and you go home . Nobody tested or is testing for the virus . So could it be that some of the flu symptoms are actually the Corona virus?

I just read on wuflu .live that the USA is going to start testing when you have flu symptoms .

So basically I am saying saying the numbers are low because nobody is testing . They are just starting now to think about testing for people who have not been to China .

Am I completely wrong on this

yes your right there I'd say. Pathology lab tests are only done if a doctor orders them. If the patient was only presenting mild cold or flu like symptoms they likely wouldn't have been tested, just sent home with generic cold/flu tablets or similar.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MaverickLRD

Agreed while it shares some ( I think proteins maybe gag related can’t remember from memory) so does many other viruses

Found an article on the 2012 Mers outbreak about testing similar antiretrovirals on that coronavirus too here:

www.google.co.uk...

Interesting that the test patients were in beijing though.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

If you are talking about the low presence of lymphocytes in patients, this has been mentioned over and over in the MedCram serious I've been posting from YouTube. It is a common factor in patients with viral infections in general, not just something seen in this particular disease.

Speaking of ... So, the New England Journal of Medicine report on asymptomatic spread in Germany was *wrong*. It turns out they never actually spoke with the original source of the virus. They only assumed she just got sick on the flight back. When they finally did talk to her, it turns out she *had* been very mildly ill during her business in Germany. That doesn't mean that asymptomatic spread doesn't happen. It does mean this is no longer documented proof of it though.

Also, they have a problem in Japan. One of their active cases, is a surgeon who developed a fever *during a surgery* and then continued on for a couple more days seeing patients! Wow, I imagine they will be tracking all that. It mirrors the situation in the UK.

And in China they are using people's cells against them. They can track where everyone has gone, and at checkpoints, they are making people text the tracking number, and when the info pops up, if you've gone to the wrong place, they "rediect" you.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

I think the USA cases on Covid19/coronavirus were repatriated Americans that were in China but flown home for treatment to government or military housing for the required Quarantine periods

I noticed the locations on the USA map, while referencing that same Johns Hopkins Updates link for an earlier Post (likely 10 pages ago as fast as this update #3 ramps up the post count

btw, of those 15 Americans, in over 8 locations...who official have the virus....1 person in Seattle is officially Recovered---and 2 persons in Chicago are officially Recovered (on the far right scroll list of 'recovered'... from contracting the illness while in China

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
If this thing does look like it's going to make a run here, they will need to put out far more detailed information for the public in general.

They will need to make sure that those seeking treatment really need it. There will have to be much more detailed information on what to expect, when to worry and seek medical, etc., or else, they'll have every person who sneezes even once or has a hot flash showing up in the GPs and ERs along with those who really do have it.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I can see that you could draw that conclusion perhaps.
OR, those places also have an international airport?

Keeping in mind we have no idea the numbers that are or aren’t confirmed amongst those on the US AFBs...

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Considering even with the extreme outliers of 24 days (and those outliers have been logically explained by two separate exposures), the median incubation period in papers remains between 3 to 5 days.

Think about it. The one paper *with* a 24 day outlier, *still* had a median incubation of 3 days. How many had to show symptoms before 3 days to balance that 1 extreme and produce that median result?

Now ask your self how often you are actually going to see a 24 day incubation.

Not trying to be critical, but median is not mean. there is no balancing going on using a median. It is the middle number of a set of data, or if an even number of data points, the average of the middle two. It doesn't really tell you that 24 is an outlier without seeing a mean or the raw data.

Here is an extreme example using a set of data where 24 is clearly not an outlier and accounts for 5 or the 11 points:

[24,24,24,24,24,3,3,3,2,2,1]

median is 3
mean is 12.2

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

I stand corrected. Still every paper reports the usual incubation is between 3 and 5 days. It's been a long time since my math years in school, and I got the two terms mixed up even then.

edit on 14-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I have a hunch that this will not be well received here, but the update you really need is this video titled Coronavirus from a Perspective Outside the Mainstream:

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It is here, no crystal ball needed
They can't connect the dots that left before lockdown in China
At the time they didn't know incubation period and shedding, nor did they optimize test kits
As member stated,they are not testing for it
because they don't know where it is.

Burd was spot about the infected regardless of nationality, should have stayed in the containment zone.
now here we are

edit on 14-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Halfswede

I stand corrected. Still every paper reports the usual incubation is between 3 and 5 days. It's been a long time since my math years in school, and I got the two terms mixed up even then.

How can they determine an incubation period for a virus which they claim can often be asymptomatic for who knows how long before the patient actually has a symptom they can report to a doctor?

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   

In all likelihood, the median is probably very close to the mean. I haven't looked at the actual data, but making real conclusions is problematic at this point. The problem is the control of these 'experiments' that the data has been gleaned from. The data is just not that good.

A large data set with reliable and well-understood time of exposure etc. doesn't exist. We are only just beginning testing here, and there are multiple accounts of those being tested showing negative multiple times then turning positive days later with no ability to nail down an exposure date. Others going from zero to 100 in apparently a few days. I would take it all with a massive grain of salt at this point.

edit on 14-2-2020 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

If you are talking about the low presence of lymphocytes in patients

There are different types of lymphocytes and when fighting a disease all sides gets some damage. To overcome CORVID-19 and take down this death toll we do need to reinforce the immune system of the patients. I don't have the skills or expertise to work out exactly what 2019-nCoV is doing to the immune system, just highlighting where to look from what has been presented so far.

There is some technology available to engineer antibodies. I do not know the full limitations of it, but it does look like a great tool to have in the current situation.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: armakirais
Here is my question . Might be that my thinking is wrong.

A lot of people are questioning the numbers outside of China .

How are they so low ??

Well my thought on this.

Right now we are going through the flu and cold season . When you go to the Dr due to the cold you get some meds and you go home . Nobody tested or is testing for the virus . So could it be that some of the flu symptoms are actually the Corona virus?

I just read on wuflu .live that the USA is going to start testing when you have flu symptoms .

So basically I am saying saying the numbers are low because nobody is testing . They are just starting now to think about testing for people who have not been to China .

Am I completely wrong on this

That's been my exact thought. Hospitals are still in the mindset it's not something to worry about. I have a friend at the Cleveland Clinic and she brushed it off completely. Said she's more worried about this years flu. That may change in a couple of weeks. I hope.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
An article on computer model forcasting, there are lots of variables to consider.
www.statnews.com...

When people’s chances of becoming infected vary, an outbreak is more likely to be eventually contained (by tracing contacts and isolating cases); it might reach a cumulative 550,000 cases in Wuhan, Allard and his colleagues concluded.

If everyone has the same chance, as with flu (absent vaccination), the probability of containment is significantly lower and could reach 4.4 million there. Or as the researchers warn, “the outbreak almost certainly cannot be contained and we must prepare for a pandemic ….”

Using an R0 of 2.3 and serial interval of seven days, they project 300,000 cases by next week. If the serial interval is even one day less, the number of cases blasts past 1.5 million by then. But if the countermeasures that China introduced in January, including isolating patients, encouraging people to wear face masks, and of course quarantining Wuhan, reduce the effective reproduction number, as has almost certainly happened, those astronomical numbers would plummet: to 100,000 and 350,000 cases, respectively.

www.statnews.com...

link   

originally posted by: St Udio
btw, of those 15 Americans, in over 8 locations...who official have the virus....1 person in Seattle is officially Recovered---and 2 persons in Chicago are officially Recovered (on the far right scroll list of 'recovered'... from contracting the illness while in China

Any details on the severity of their symptoms?

link   
--Tin foil hat on--

WHO in talks with Amazon and Bezos selling stock...

WHO meets with several silicone valley companies including Facebook about "misinformation" Facebook cancels summit....

Facebook Inc said on Friday it had canceled its global marketing summit scheduled for next month in San Francisco due to coronavirus-related risks.

"Out of an abundance of caution, we canceled our global marketing summit due to evolving public health risks related to coronavirus," a company spokesman said.

The event, scheduled for March 9 to March 12 at the Moscone Center, was expected to see over 4,000 participants.

source

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join