It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
I'm hearing reports of a big explosion in Wuhan. Anyone else see this?

Apparently it was a pipe of a power plant that exploded almost 24 hours ago, videos of military choppers going to the place and on the ground too:

twitter.com...
twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Considering even with the extreme outliers of 24 days (and those outliers have been logically explained by two separate exposures), the median incubation period in papers remains between 3 to 5 days.

Think about it. The one paper *with* a 24 day outlier, *still* had a median incubation of 3 days. How many had to show symptoms before 3 days to balance that 1 extreme and produce that median result?

Now ask your self how often you are actually going to see a 24 day incubation.

doesn't change a thing regarding everything else i've said in that post, and what you've so kindly ignored.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

They've been doing semi-regular spots on it on Tucker. They do updates on the hard news too. They also carried the press conference out of San Antonio after the news that someone in quarantine tested positive and came down sick.

It's there, but I think it's less effective to report on something if they don't have access to it. China won't allow press like Africa does with Ebola.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

OK, that's something I didn't know. Thanks for that. I don't watch TV news so I guess I just assumed the televised news matched whatever the news channels have on their websites.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Thank you for the last line. In previous scares concerning possible emerging outbreaks, even continents away, we were made to think it was shtf scenarios. But with this it’s business as usual, which is fine. If that’s what it truly was.

I’m thinking no as we’ve gone from “15” cases to 1k quarantined in LA county. If that’s not 0-60, or traveling a parsec in 12.3 seconds, I dunno what is.

Thanks for your posts

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

Look. I can't stop you from panicking.

But There has been ample time and opportunity for this to break out, and we wouldn't be starting with a single point of infection. We're looking at multiple points.

Wuhan got the slow bake. We get everything coming out of there. Things speed up like metasticizing cancer.

We don't get a patient zero. We get dozens or more plus all they infect, and so will everyone else.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   

the most pressing thing in the new right now is "orange man bad tv". Personally id rather hear about the virus than how trump is an authoritarian and fascist even though he hasnt arrested people who make fun of him or cancel the election. sorry for that rant. lol

im afraid they arent really gonna start talking about this virus until its already out of control.

link   

originally posted by: Mateo96

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
I'm hearing reports of a big explosion in Wuhan. Anyone else see this?

Apparently it was a pipe of a power plant that exploded almost 24 hours ago, videos of military choppers going to the place and on the ground too:

twitter.com...
twitter.com...

OK. Naturally, people were speculating that the Chinese government had blown up the biolab that created the Corona virus.

(If there was a biolab that they were going to get rid of, I'm sure the Chinese government would be far more discreet about it.)

link   
Not sure if this has been posted already but thoughts on if this could be legit?

Coronavirus Vaccine

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster
no.

Yes.

you weren't saying that if things were worse on the outside, we would have a good idea of that.

I have stated that multiple times.

you were saying that if numbers in China are worse than reported, it makes numbers outside less concerning

I was saying that too, and it is obviously true - self-evident in fact.

completely ignoring the fact the rest of the world is behind schedule. it's why i've said you were comparing apples to oranges.

Our numbers are behind WuHan, yes, because that is ground zero.

But we aren't that far behind, and considering this thing has been in the wild for months, we should be showing much more dramatic increases over the last week or two than one or two cases, and the more time passes without dramatic increases, the better things look - for us.

Also - there are still 0 - ZERO - deaths outside China (other than the two chinese natives from WuHan, and the 80 yr old Japanese lady). Also, 0 - ZERO - reports of any infected in serious condition here in the US - and I think most of the rest of the world. The ones that are reported in serious condition, many are from WuHan or China, and/or are of Asian descent (sadly, there is considerable evidence that it affects those of Asian descent far worse than others.

talk about goal-post move...

Nope, didn't move them an inch.

link   

Don't get me wrong. They are disturbingly restrained, almost clinical.

I am still thinking the biggest threat with this are the logistical problems of having large numbers home sick and the attendant percentage of severe cases needing medical support all at once overwhelming the system.

Nothing in the numbers outside China lead to believe this is super deadly.

Unless there's another bug running loose in China.

link   
a reply to: malektaus

im afraid they arent really gonna start talking about this virus until its already out of control.

Not that important. Their "coverage" would likely not help much, if at all.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Blasted phone! Crappy internet.
edit on 14-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

You know how the press loves their disasters. If this thing overwhelms somewhere in the country, they will be all over it and looking for ways to blame their favorite political boogeymen while hyping their agendas. But one thing for certain, there won't be any hiding it.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

true, all it will do is make the panic worse. the worst of society will come out. Some places will be hit harder than others. Sure wouldnt want to be in a place like LA or San Fran.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Only up to page 14 of this thread and skim read a lot so apologies if this is repeating someone else..

But after reading about 1st/2nd and 3rd waves..what if china had their 1st wave earlier last year. A nasty virus with a high temp, sore throat etc but nothing to bother the drs or hospital with. What if they're currently starting their 2nd wave but the rest of the world are now experiencing the 1st wave ..I know for a past few months in my area theres been a particularly nasty virus including coughing/fever/sore throats/headaches/chills/aching body etc but it's not been flu. My sister in law & my husband both got it, infact my 9yr old has come home from school today with a 40° temp and headache.. and after talking to other friends around the country/even world it seems everywhere is suffering this, but its NOT flu or a cold. It might explain why westerners don't seem to be suffering the same as those in China as they weren't originally exposed to the first wave.. THIS is their first wave. There may even well be westerners who have infact died of it if they were exposed last year, but as this virus wasnt yet discovered it wouldn't have been thought of any thing other than a pneumonia related death.

I don't know, just dabbling with ideas.. it's a possibility isn't it?

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Less effective , I don’t know .
Impossible to verify information being reported , yes
Covering a story any decent news outlet can’t verify is a no go for most news companies and reporters tbh

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Couldn't it just simply be reinfection killing over there?

They didn't know they had a novel virus going around.

I was just thinking this over.
Let's say a worker clocks in for the day thinking they are coming down with a cold or flu. They expose all their coworkers.

Said employee gets worse takes a few days off, gets better, goes back to work....and boom employee gets the virus all over again, only this time it's 2x as bad.

Could it have just been Lack of knowledge of a novel virus that just happens to be able to reinfect so quickly?

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Check & double check & double check…

“recently diagnosed coronavirus patient in Texas was on the same plane as people currently being monitored for signs of the virus at Camp Ashland. “

www.klkntv.com...

www.1011now.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Would be inclined to agree,
I don’t think this is going to be world ending or even world changing event if I’m honest,
serious maybe ( and for those in China 100%),
I think overcrowding, unsanitary conditions and a largely aging population contributed to it there ( weather the virus is naturally evolved or engineered I don’t think anyone will ever know for sure!)
but it got out,
and most likely when the first ones got sick after a week or so there probably thought flu, SARS or something similar,
by then many infected, then many ill, many with pneumonia and to compound the problem ccp tried to cover it up and silence people making it worse again, Then the hospitals couldn’t cope because of volume of people, making it far worse still.
We are starting the two week time frame imo where we should be starting to see big numbers starting to build and climb, if it was going to happen, ( and I hope it doesn’t!)
But I think we’re likely going to see small cluster outbreaks that will be quickly dealt with.
I could be wrong, that’s just my point of view, I’m not saying ignore it by all means, and a bit of caution with hygiene and being in crowds etc won’t hurt for a couple weeks - month, but does seem to be a lot of fake news around it now, and that’s usually a sign it’s not the catastrophic event we thought it could be, and other actors are trying to spread fear and division ( seems strangely directed at Asian people because of it, and imo some governments coming out early now and saying we will benefit from it seems strange),
just being cautious optimist thought .

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join