It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Greensman

If the test results are positive,negative, positive, negative etc....why are we letting people go?

They know you just can't stop it, only slow it down. They are playing a game of chance. We all are.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

The explosion is on WeChat but unable to verify if that is even WuHan which supposedly has no internet ATM. A few videos have turned out to be false or misrepresented before. I didn’t post the explosion or a few other videos because I couldn’t verify enough to feel good about posting.

Thanks for that. I did think about the internet lock when posting the video. I have noticed a reduction in the videos coming out about Wuhan over the last day, still a few but they could be older stuff or other locations. With the government still in control of the situation they will have their communications operating. To cut out the public communications is a sign of martial law.

The story about the explosions in Wuhan did include some text reports as well. Using an unrelated video is bad journalism, with the communication black out going on it may provide some context. With the information war going on mistakes will be made. This is where ATS does help, been stuff in the past I am not sure about and someone has come along with a good response.

With Wuhan in a state of martial law is it possible there are bombs, helicopters and death squads combing the streets? I guess i will just leave this in the gray zone for now.
edit on 14-2-2020 by kwakakev because: spelling

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
People getting on airplanes and going to places like Disneyland right now are absolutely crazy and irresponsible. a reply to: Fowlerstoad

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: logicsoda

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

What actual evidence was brought forth, then? Instead of alluding to it, provide it.

as a fellow programmer, i'm sure you know the old saying: RTFM. to be precise, hundreds of pages of part 1 and part 2 of this thread.

as for the virus being engineered, i'll post this once again:

and before screaming "not peer-reviewed", think twice. he has credentials, his logic is sound, and he's not the only one saying that while everything that had to happen for this virus to show up could happen naturally, it's extremely unlikely as far as probability goes. if his claims mean, as you say, f.ck all, then that certainly applies to everything you're saying as well.

When I first saw that video in the previous threads, my mind went to one thing before continuing with the video: credentials, so I decided to take it upon myself to look him up. He has an MBA and a PhD in Management. He is pre-med.

Peer-review refers to articles/studies being subjected to review by experts in the related field. Pre-med is not an expert, by any means... he is not even a medical student. I will give the video another view when I have time later today so I can make a careful point-by-point analysis of his claims and see what actual experts in the field have to say about his claims (pretty sure the nonsense related to his BLAST re the bat SARS was already debunked by somebody who was actually an expert in the field; i.e. virology, or in a related field such as immunology).

when you're taking a quick look at his about page on youtube, at least read it all (emphasis mine).

Paul Cottrell received his BS and MBA from Wayne State University, Ph.D. from Walden University and pre-medicial curriculum from Fordham University. He is currently at Harvard University for an ALM in Biology.

His research includes using chaos theory to model financial markets and economic emergence. His work on economic emergence contains new theoretical concepts of economic evolution and the creation of self organizational structures.

In addition, Dr. Paul Cottrell has published works from his Harvard University studies in genomics, neurobiology, neurosurgery, endocrinology and microbiota.

"not even a medical student" just isn't a fair description. he's not a medic, he's a scientist. there are certainly more knowledgeable people than him working on this virus, but that doesn't make him an idiot.

Didn't look at his "About" on YouTube... I searched him on Google and went to his LinkedIn.

I saw references to those papers. I also don't think he's an idiot... but it's not a valid peer-review. It's a review by an "expert" in Management, who so happens to have papers published in a number of other fields.

That doesn't make his peer-review valid. It just is not. If a physicist (scientist) was taking courses in psychology and wrote a clinical psychology paper, does that mean that he's qualified as a peer-reviewer for clinical psychology papers? No, because he's not an expert in the field.

i've told you what i think about going the peer-review route earlier.

unless you can prove your credentials are better than his, your opinion about his research is just that - an opinion. rejecting something just because it's not peer-reviewed, when everyone and their grandma are trying to hide as many truths about this outbreak as possible, just isn't a reasonable course of action.

what he's saying sounds logical. if you can find a flaw in his research, post it. otherwise it's more likely that he's right, than you are just by rejecting his research on the basis of not being peer-reviewed. also, as i recall, he's not the only one making claims about it being extremely unlikely for this virus to occur naturally, but i really don't have time at this moment to find other sources saying the same thing. they were posted in previous threads, that i'm sure of.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I’d say highly likely on death squads. Remember who is running the CCP, sons of people who killed 40-80 million in Cultural Revolution. Emperor Xi turned in his own father.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...]

There are currently 64,466 confirmed cases worldwide, including 1,384 fatalities.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Nice post buddy.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

How many times will we let this unsanitary and overpopulated country introduce novel diseases to the civilized World?

Time for the World to recognize China as the multi-faceted threat it is.

Given all the unknowns, bringing people back from there was a mistake including Americans. Travelers shouldn't be able to put us all at risk

"Operation Clean Sweep" is needed

Since you seem to know, just how serious is this and would you suggest buying PPE at this point
edit on 2/14/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

so you don't think numbers in China are accurate, you don't think numbers outside China are accurate, and you're making assumptions by comparing one BS to another?

where's the logic in that?

Ok, I really, really want some of what you're smoking.

1. I have never, ever said I trust the CCP numbers

2. I have never, ever said I totally distrust the numbers from outside China

But, I have said, multiple times, that I trust the numbers outside much more than t hose of the CCP, and combined with the fact that, if things were considerably worse on the outside, we would have a really good idea of that, because the CCP doesn't control the flow of information outside China.

Now, if you can't understand that, then maybe you need to go back to school and study the english language.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

my mistake.

more accurate description would be "few months behind".

Nice goal-post move...

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Sitting in JFK international airport terminal; its a light day, not many people here. No one wearing masks, including the airport and shops staff.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: jedi_hamster

So we're moving goalposts now?

This thing is at least as contagious as the flu and possibly just a bit less contagious than polio. Additionally, it's novel meaning no immunity or even partial immunity to it which is what confines seasonal flu to a trickle. Add in modern air travel and all those Chinese students heading back to uni pre-lockdown. Add in all cases beyond China's borders, and *weeks* is a more accurate assessment than months.

Spanish Flu took only a year to engulf the world without air travel, but it was aided by the rapid troop movements of WWI.

So weeks would be better given what we do know.

yeah, right.

especially that we know now that it's incubation period can last up to 4 weeks or something.

this virus was circulating for at least 2 months in Wuhan already when it all blew up. we're one month after that. if i had to guess, i would say we may see a spike in the number of cases in the rest of the world one month from now. if it'll reach Wuhan-level of disaster or not, depends on how effective the preventive measures taken everywhere will be. China could screw it up in Wuhan in the beginning, but now they're not messing around. the rest of the world most likely won't take such draconian actions, at least not until it'll be too late, simply because the society wouldn't accept it earlier. so yeah, i don't expect it to go easy on the west, quite the opposite.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I'm hearing reports of a big explosion in Wuhan. Anyone else see this?

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   

i'm in agreement with the time lag behind China is not a mere 2 weeks, but more realistically at 2 months behind

as far as USA, there are +8 locations which in the future could repeat the Wuhan Ground-Zero outbreak
however 2 persons in Chicago have officially recovered
and 1 person in Washington, Seattle has recovered
(these recoveries are from the official 15 person list of Officially under observation)

see: gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com...#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

so, beware 15 April 2020 as the drop-dead date in the USA... seems like enough time to prep/ for months long hunker-down IF the supply/delivery lines don't collapse before hand.... (rice-beans-water-beers-jerky-canned vegs/meat proteins....) & protections, of course

edit on th29158170313614582020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Safe travels to you and your fam DDD. Wash your hands!

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: DanDanDat

Safe travels to you and your fam DDD. Wash your hands!

Thanks; we will.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Considering even with the extreme outliers of 24 days (and those outliers have been logically explained by two separate exposures), the median incubation period in papers remains between 3 to 5 days.

Think about it. The one paper *with* a 24 day outlier, *still* had a median incubation of 3 days. How many had to show symptoms before 3 days to balance that 1 extreme and produce that median result?

Now ask your self how often you are actually going to see a 24 day incubation.

link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

so you don't think numbers in China are accurate, you don't think numbers outside China are accurate, and you're making assumptions by comparing one BS to another?

where's the logic in that?

Ok, I really, really want some of what you're smoking.

1. I have never, ever said I trust the CCP numbers

2. I have never, ever said I totally distrust the numbers from outside China

But, I have said, multiple times, that I trust the numbers outside much more than t hose of the CCP, and combined with the fact that, if things were considerably worse on the outside, we would have a really good idea of that, because the CCP doesn't control the flow of information outside China.

Now, if you can't understand that, then maybe you need to go back to school and study the english language.

no. you weren't saying that if things were worse on the outside, we would have a good idea of that. you were saying that if numbers in China are worse than reported, it makes numbers outside less concerning - completely ignoring the fact the rest of the world is behind schedule. it's why i've said you were comparing apples to oranges.

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: SailorJerry
"originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: SailorJerry

These are same people who believe the numbers from CCP.

Who would that be? Or are you back on the train of falsely accusing people who simply point out that the numbers for infections and happenings outside China are simply not following the same path as those inside China (as reported by the CCP)?

Note: in case you missed it, champ, if the numbers inside China are much worse than reported by the CCP, which I and everyone else I've seen in this thread have readily admitted many times (in spite of the repeated nonsensical claims to the contrary) is almost certain, that makes the numbers outside China even less concerning than if their numbers were reasonably accurate.

Got it, champ?

talk about goal-post move...

link   
There you are, working in the middle of the North Sea on an oil platform, thinking... "No chance it's getting me out here"...

Then this happens:

"North Sea worker quarantined on Taqa platform"
www.energyvoice.com...

Doh!!

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terra Serranum
Reporting on it seems to have died down a lot, people are sick of the story, not an epidemic here so it's just "China's problem."

What else is presently big news that would normally be dominating the headlines? Nothing I can think of... the impeachment is over and old news, the election is many months away, the Dem primaries aren't taking the spotlight... Take the coronavirus out of the equation and we are seeing a painfully slow news cycle, a boring news cycle, TBH... for many years now the MSM has capitalized on ANY potential pandemic or outbreak, yet damn close to crickets with this one. FOXnews,com doesn't even have it on their front page at all, it's got a spot on CNN in relation to the CDC, Same for CBSnews.com... a single header related to the CDC, Not a peep on MSNBC's front page, Bloomberg has a single link they keep updated, Nothing on Breitbart, and Drudge had a handful of articles buried midway down the list until yesterday when it topped the page due to China reporting 15,000 infections.

The MSM's behavior on this virus is totally the antithesis of how they have always acted in the past. Clearly they have been instructed to downplay it.
edit on 14-2-2020 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join