It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 268
<< 265  266  267    269  270  271 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Oh Dear...

US Acting Deputy Secretary, Cuccinelli, member of Trump's "Coronavirus Task Force"

Apparently he just tweeted something about how he couldn't access the Johns Hopkins Site and graphs. (The ones we do.) Ranted about how this info should not be blocked and it was so useful etc...

Replies were along the lines of... erm, you have the CDC... We're all going to die aren't we.

edit: found source... other than the Mrs!
twitter.com...
edit on 24-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: added source

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Anyone else seeing this?

Oh boy.
I have not seen numbers like that since the beginning of the Great Recession.

28,053.21 −939.20 (3.24%)

THE DOW
edit on 24-2-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

It works now

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold

US senators will be briefed tomorrow on coronavirus
From CNN's Manu Raju

All US senators will be briefed Tuesday morning at 8 a.m. in a classified setting on the novel coronavirus, two sources with knowledge of the plans tell CNN.

One source said that the briefing will be in a classified setting because the senators who are organizing it wanted to be prepared in case a senator asks a question that can only be answered in a classified setting.

There will be briefers from the Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Homeland Security, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institutes of Health and the State Department, one source added.

Top Secret
So the truth is for the few / elite and not for public consumption or knowledge, which means its worse than the public's current understanding and going to get worse.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

originally posted by: AngelsDecay
After all these weeks or even months this thing outside of Hubei region has killed much less people than other typical flu or pneumonia.. Even in China and outside Wuhan district the mortality rate its pretty much lower.

I respect your opinion, but just to point out for clarity:

Lets say mortality rate for nCoV is 2% (this is a low overall estimate)

Typical flu is around 0.1%. So nCoV is 20 times more deadly.

Flu kills many more because it is already everywhere, has been for like, ever, nCoV isn't. Yet.

When it is everywhere, at this low estimate, 20 times more people will die every year than do currently with the flu, until it mutates to become less virulent or we build up resistance and vaccines.

This will happen, but it may mutate to become less virulent tomorrow. Best case scenario.

Worst case scenario is terrible. Both sides of the argument are valid.

My friend, wise words indeed which I fully respect... But I assume that is a part of my personal way facing life... Seiing things like the "glass half full of wine, quite the opposite of seeing it half empty of wine".
However you are 100% right in your own words, and at least respected my opinion and didn't tell me about my cognitive problems like some others here. Since as a child I was educated to only worry about problems when facing them, not suffer in advance... Its true my friend, we have a problem on a world scale regarding health and economy, but until now I'm still facing it with calm, tranquility and attention as well... If tomorrow the *thing*beats me I will try to live according it, until then only praying for the others suffering could come to an end... Cheers to you O67
edit on 24-2-2020 by AngelsDecay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
Again, we can see that you don't get it. You have made it blatantly obvious over the past several weeks.

Once again, it isn't about the deaths or mortality rate. It is about how it affects your quality of life. If this thing takes you a month to recover and still not be 100% healthy, that is an issue.

JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE DOESN'T DIE, IT DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE OK.

So... where are the numbers to support your contention that a lot of people - outside China - are getting not only the virus, but seriously ill?

From what I've read, that just isn't happening... yet.

It could. But it isn't... yet.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Strifingsoul

After all these weeks or even months this thing outside of Hubei region has killed much less people than other typical flu or pneumonia.. Even in China and outside Wuhan district the mortality rate its pretty much lower. Adding all the cases in Europe, including Italy, Iran, etc, I still cannot see why so much paranoid about it... Outside of Wuhan and the Cruise Ships nothing more than politics and paranoical overreaction... Ok, situation it's not good at all, it's true, but people, politicians and governments are simply using non sense... A Great word of respect to Hubei region and to those in WHO, including medical teams all over.
About pandemia its just only that... A word already falling from technical use at the medical world.
Peace to all, AD

Citing „official“ numbers. Meanwhile incinerators working day and night and bringing in 40 more... erm... yeah 😂
Anyway. Best of luck and hope you are right, but I most certainly know its just your cognitive dissonance. face the reality of this.
Things will speed up from today on.

Great...nice to meet you, see you on the other side... I really hope we can have internet there to remain in touch 😘

I just hope everyone is using the time that we have left to inform others to stuck up in all calmness to save their beloved ones from unnecessary hassle =]

My whole family thinks this is nothing to worry about. I have tried to explain the importance of taking care of their health, washing hands, stocking up on medicines, food, water, and other necessities.

They went out for chinese food last week and all laughed because I wouldn’t go.

Then today I had a dr appt, and I’ve known this dr for years. She started talking about dying; she was asking me what I think it was like after we die. She seemed really down, not herself.

I even asked her if she was ok. I don’t know why she was this way, but it felt like a really deep sad discussion. I told her, the most important thing is your family, the love you have and to enjoy every moment you have with them.

That was 5 hours ago and I’m still thinking about how sad she looked😢

Anyways, your post reminds me that noone really knows how much time any of us have left. So I’m making it a point to make sure my family knows I love them, and prepared as much as I could for a shtf scenario for them.

I love you all and will pray for us all!

edit on 24-2-2020 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hearing some conflicting reports out of Iran, sources saying there are 50 deaths not 12 and much more infected, I will try to find sources, watching a al jazeera report going over it.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AngelsDecay

Well said, I'll drink to that, and the glass will certainly be all the way full!

Cheers

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Today in the UK,the news channels are suddenly very concerned about the stock markets.
The virus is raising oil and gold prices,travel and tourism companies are seeing big drops in business losing up to 10% of their stock price and global stocks and shares markets are all getting very jittery indeed.

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

The BBC news channel whos motto seems to be "Don't panic even if there is a moon sized meteor about to hit Earth,"
are even starting to use the dreaded "P" word,saying that a Pandemic is looking more likley,but don't worry they say as always.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: GlobalGold
Canada confirms 11th case of coronavirus

So... it doesn't appear to be increasing anywhere even remotely near exponentially.

Is it just me, or what am I missing?

One can only speculate but considering the US response its is most likely a lack of reporting that is giving us false hope! Blows me away S Korea is testing and getting positive infections yet the US is hardly doing any testing and we are still at only 15 from none DP infections. I understand trying to avoid panic but what happens when a big city like philly has a surge and what happened with the Spanish flu occurs and walllahhh wherever their is infections it will be the wild wild west.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

After all these weeks or even months this thing outside of Hubei region has killed much less people than other typical flu or pneumonia.. Even in China and outside Wuhan district the mortality rate its pretty much lower. Adding all the cases in Europe, including Italy, Iran, etc, I still cannot see why so much paranoid about it... Outside of Wuhan and the Cruise Ships nothing more than politics and paranoical overreaction... Ok, situation it's not good at all, it's true, but people, politicians and governments are simply using non sense... A Great word of respect to Hubei region and to those in WHO, including medical teams all over.
About pandemia its just only that... A word already falling from technical use at the medical world.
Peace to all, AD

Citing „official“ numbers. Meanwhile incinerators working day and night and bringing in 40 more... erm... yeah 😂
Anyway. Best of luck and hope you are right, but I most certainly know its just your cognitive dissonance. face the reality of this.
Things will speed up from today on.

Great...nice to meet you, see you on the other side... I really hope we can have internet there to remain in touch 😘

I just hope everyone is using the time that we have left to inform others to stuck up in all calmness to save their beloved ones from unnecessary hassle =]

My whole family thinks this is nothing to worry about. I have tried to explain the importance of taking care of their health, washing hands, stocking up on medicines, food, water, and other necessities.

They went out for chinese food last week and all laughed because I wouldn’t go.

Then today I had a dr appt, and I’ve known this dr for years. She started talking about dying; she was asking me what I think it was like after we die. She seemed really down, not herself.

I even asked her if she was ok. I don’t know why she was this way, but it felt like a really deep sad discussion. I told her, the most important thing is your family, the love you have and to enjoy every moment you have with them.

That was 5 hours ago and I’m still thinking about how sad she looked😢

Anyways, your post reminds me that noone really knows how much time any of us have left. So I’m making it a point to make sure my family knows I love them, and prepared as much as I could for a shtf scenario for them.

I love you all and will pray for us all!

Good man. Keep your head high. I am not for hysteria, but people will go crazy as soon as this is manifesting. As seen in several parts of this world already.
Family first. They will thank you later. Doesn’t matter too much now... you can‘t really fight against cognitive dissonance. Most only trust msm. This will be the demise of the majority. History repeating itself once again.

God with us.
edit on 24-2-2020 by Strifingsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Again, we can see that you don't get it. You have made it blatantly obvious over the past several weeks.

Once again, it isn't about the deaths or mortality rate. It is about how it affects your quality of life. If this thing takes you a month to recover and still not be 100% healthy, that is an issue.

So... where are the numbers to support your contention that a lot of people - outside China - are getting not only the virus, but seriously ill?

I am getting the feeling once and if the numbers are beginning to be reported in the state or country you live in, you will probably already be infected, trusting these shils to tell us when to take the disease serious... South Korea, is getting pretty sick, so Is Iran, and Italy is also.. this is not the Black Plague by the way...
edit on 24-2-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
My prediction: It closes today at 27,920.

Closed at 27,962... I was damn close.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
One can only speculate but considering the US response its is most likely a lack of reporting that is giving us false hope!

No, that doesn't make sense. You don't think we'd know something was wrong? This isn't Communist China. If it was increasing exponentially, we'd be hearing rumors, street talk, there would be whistle blowers, etc...
edit on 24-2-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Are you not paying attention?

Are you not reading the same news we are?

What is a lot of numbers to you anyways?

Is it enough to shut down parts of Italy, South Korea, Iran? Is it enough to still have millions of people in China on lockdown. Oh, because its china, that's different?

Just curious because as you sit and say the same thing over and over, the numbers are climbing my friend. Maybe not as fast as China, but it seems to me, from what I and a whole lot of other people are seeing, it us affecting the globe. Is it not?

Besides you still seem to be stuck on the fact that the authorities are gonna tell us the whole story anyways.

Please tell me again how the market is doing today? Why in the world would the authorities tell us how many cases there are for certain. New york and Florida already said they are not telling.
edit on 24-2-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Besides Australia does anyone knows how many other countries in southern hemisphere has cases reported please? Tks

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent
A 3.24% drop is not worthy of panic. If the market sustains drops of that measure for a few days, or if we see a greater than 10% overall drop, then it is concerning. The lead up to the Great Recession saw multiple days of 7+% drops.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I went to the dentist today (uk) and had to tell them to re think the way they take payments-you have to sign to confirm payment on a tablet,which she handed me and asked to sign with my finger.I had a stylus luckily and told them they should ask people not to use their finger or get a hand sanitizer station and require people to use it first(even though its not in my area yet,doesn't mean we shouldn't be careful).
They were thankful for me telling them I think,but I shouldn't need to really.
I also told them to encourage people to use contactless card payments where possible,or at least put a hand cleaning kit by the card reader so people don't press the buttons with grubby fingers.

Common sense can't hurt.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
One can only speculate but considering the US response its is most likely a lack of reporting that is giving us false hope!

No, that doesn't make sense. You don't think we'd know something was wrong? This isn't Communist China. If it was increasing exponentially, we'd be hearing rumors, street talk, there would be whistle blowers, etc...

There has been reports on social media, about hospitals around the country, getting patients who think they have corona virus, this was before the cdc supposedly were suppose to be testing, less than 1000 patients by the way. Pay close attention to the lack of reporting new cases by the way in the states since the first cases were reported. I mean anyone with a 3 figure IQ should know there are cases in the US. More than what has been reported. The Who for whatever reason has not declared this a pandemic yet, obviously there is money, implications resulting in the procrastination.

new topics

top topics

<< 265  266  267    269  270  271 >>

join