It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 267
<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Gilead Sciences drug may help treat coronavirus symptoms, according to WHO

link

"There is only one drug right now that we think may have real efficacy and that's remdesivir," Bruce Aylward, an assistant director-general of the World Health Organization (WHO), said at a press conference in Beijing.

So all the big money pharmaceutical are jumping in on this. If one gets a drug that works, that’s great.

I just hope this isn’t a greedy stock money buy thing but a legitimate healing possibility.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Canada confirms 11th case of coronavirus

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Anyone else notice you can no longer see this site? Asks to sign in
Coronavirus Maos & Stats

Site back up!

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
After all these weeks or even months this thing outside of Hubei region has killed much less people than other typical flu or pneumonia.. Even in China and outside Wuhan district the mortality rate its pretty much lower. Adding all the cases in Europe, including Italy, Iran, etc, I still cannot see why so much paranoid about it... Outside of Wuhan and the Cruise Ships nothing more than politics and paranoical overreaction... Ok, situation it's not good at all, it's true, but people, politicians and governments are simply using non sense... A Great word of respect to Hubei region and to those in WHO, including medical teams all over.
About pandemia its just only that... A word already falling from technical use at the medical world.
Peace to all, AD

edit on 24-2-2020 by AngelsDecay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold

So... it doesn't appear to be increasing anywhere even remotely near exponentially.

Is it just me, or what am I missing?

link   

originally posted by: FamCore
Video of Medical SWAT teams practicing catching coronavirus victims with a doc-catcher net thing (looks like a active drill/simulation):

I can't decide if it's hilarious or terrifying. Maybe I'm hysterical.

Reminds me of reading how the US has departments such as "Department of Health and Human Services" spending millions on military grade automatic weapons!

Can't remember where I read it originally, but this one will do:
www.forbes.com...
IRS have "AR-15’s, P90 tactical rifles, and other heavy weaponry"

What will ambulance drivers be packing in a few weeks time?
edit on 24-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: fixed link

link   

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel
Endthemadnessnow:

Is this on top of the 53? Bno also posted but site remains at 53

No, they are part of the 53.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

So... it doesn't appear to be increasing anywhere even remotely near exponentially.

Is it just me, or what am I missing?

just posting update on stats

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngelsDecay
After all these weeks or even months this thing outside of Hubei region has killed much less people than other typical flu or pneumonia.. Even in China and outside Wuhan district the mortality rate its pretty much lower. Adding all the cases in Europe, including Italy, Iran, etc, I still cannot see why so much paranoid about it... Outside of Wuhan and the Cruise Ships nothing more than politics and paranoical overreaction... Ok, situation it's not good at all, it's true, but people, politicians and governments are simply using non sense... A Great word of respect to Hubei region and to those in WHO, including medical teams all over.
About pandemia its just only that... A word already falling from technical use at the medical world.
Peace to all, AD

Citing „official“ numbers. Meanwhile incinerators working day and night and bringing in 40 more... erm... yeah 😂
Anyway. Best of luck and hope you are right, but I most certainly know its just your cognitive dissonance. face the reality of this.
Things will speed up from today on. Most countries are still in the 1 month long information lockdown phase like china from december to january to prepare quarantine and healthcare measures/ dampen down hysteria and panic to save economy/ stock markets.
edit on 24-2-2020 by Strifingsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

just posting update on stats

I know, thats what I was commenting on - the lack of anything that could even remotely be considered 'exponential' increases in numbers of cases, let alone deaths.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

originally posted by: FamCore
Video of Medical SWAT teams practicing catching coronavirus victims with a doc-catcher net thing (looks like a active drill/simulation):

I can't decide if it's hilarious or terrifying. Maybe I'm hysterical.

Reminds me of reading how the US has departments such as "Department of Health and Human Services" spending millions on military grade automatic weapons!

Can't remember where I read it originally, but this one will do:
www.forbes.com...
IRS have "AR-15’s, P90 tactical rifles, and other heavy weaponry"

What will ambulance drivers be packing in a few weeks time?

Just look at stormrifle reinforced pandemic troops in china putting infected folks into doggy cages on the back of the pickup truck in china 😂👌🏻🚀 yeah... might not be entirely the case, but nontheless seen some rather disturbing pictures not even remotely thought to be possible in the west, but who knows for sure hm? 🤨
edit on 24-2-2020 by Strifingsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Dr. WHO remarks:

Our decision about whether to use the word “pandemic” to describe an epidemic is based on an ongoing assessment of the geographical spread of the virus, the severity of disease it causes and the impact it has on the whole of society.

For the moment, we are not witnessing the uncontained global spread of this virus, and we are not witnessing large-scale severe disease or death.

Does this virus have pandemic potential? Absolutely, it has. Are we there yet? From our assessment, not yet.

Read the full transcript (it's short) before passing judgement.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

After all these weeks or even months this thing outside of Hubei region has killed much less people than other typical flu or pneumonia.. Even in China and outside Wuhan district the mortality rate its pretty much lower.

I respect your opinion, but just to point out for clarity:

Lets say mortality rate for nCoV is 2% (this is a low overall estimate)

Typical flu is around 0.1%. So nCoV is 20 times more deadly.

Flu kills many more because it is already everywhere, has been for like, ever, nCoV isn't. Yet.

When it is everywhere, at this low estimate, 20 times more people will die every year than do currently with the flu, until it mutates to become less virulent or we build up resistance and vaccines.

This will happen, but it may mutate to become less virulent tomorrow. Best case scenario.

Worst case scenario is terrible. Both sides of the argument are valid.
edit on 24-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: typo

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Peace to all, AD

Again, we can see that you don't get it. You have made it blatantly obvious over the past several weeks.

Once again, it isn't about the deaths or mortality rate. It is about how it affects your quality of life. If this thing takes you a month to recover and still not be 100% healthy, that is an issue.

JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE DOESN'T DIE, IT DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE OK.

This is not the flu, this is not another cold. This is another virus on top of all of the other viruses already out there.

Once again just because it does not affect you, it does not mean it isn't affecting 1,000's of more people.

When multitudes of people are too sick to work and they have to shut down factories and schools, this becomes a disruption in the system. China is still operating at a severely smaller percentage than they were. This is why everyone is very concerned

You seem to be looking for black and white. Others see the grey in between the black and white.

Orders are not being filled and it is disrupting commerce. This is a global problem. This is the whole problem.

If you are to sick to work, work doesnt get done.

edit on 24-2-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: tennisdawg

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
a reply to: tennisdawg

If that were the case it would be weapons grade or synthetic and we’re getting Wuhan in our BSL3 labs for some research studies at a research university. They wouldn’t clear it for that type of work if it were BSL4 or worse, this virus has been mapped so often already it’s just not possible to move through hosts like that unless it underwent significant mutation or recombination.

You are by far one of the best sources of knowledge on this thread. I am only passing along the information I am given. I trust your opinion on the medical side of this, but I am not sure that your BSL3 lab is being given the exact virus that we have seen in Wuhan and Iran. A lot of the misinformation is centered around a smokescreen virus (much milder) released by China itself to cover up/confuse the actual bioweapon that was released in Wuhan. There is a significant difference between Wuhan and outside of Wuhan. Iran has been targeted by a bioweapon as well. All other areas of mild coronavirus are exactly that. A mild coronavirus released by China on purpose to calm the populace and re-gain control of the situation. This is why so many different labs, doctors, countries, etc. have differing opinions on the virus.

China tried to keep the lid on it be locking down Wuhan early, then releasing a normal coronavirus in the same area, and surrounding communities. They did not release the bioweapon, but knew that they had stolen it from the USA. At first, they did believe this was an accident from their own lab. Within days, they were aware that it was released near their lab intentionally. Now, here we are with the same deep state players trying to throw gas on the fire in Iran.
China, Iran, Korea..........................................>>>>>> bio W..............could be just that! And the virus is nothing worse than flu. What do they say about Coincidences.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Strifingsoul

Peace to all, AD

Citing „official“ numbers. Meanwhile incinerators working day and night and bringing in 40 more... erm... yeah 😂
Anyway. Best of luck and hope you are right, but I most certainly know its just your cognitive dissonance. face the reality of this.
Things will speed up from today on.

Great...nice to meet you, see you on the other side... I really hope we can have internet there to remain in touch 😘

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Strifingsoul

Peace to all, AD

Things will speed up from today on.

Great...nice to meet you, see you on the other side... I really hope we can have internet there to remain in touch 😘

I just hope everyone is using the time that we have left to inform others to stuck up in all calmness to save their beloved ones from unnecessary hassle =]

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AngelsDecay

As the Chinese, economy crumbles, people becoming homeless, and giving their children to the orphanage, because they can’t work. This can easily become another country. I get it thou, it is hard to believe, and some people panic, more than others but you don’t have to per se, take it seriously, but it is something unprecedented happening right now. I would suggest you respect it. If you catch it, it can kill you, or really knock you on your but for about a month, also if your one of thousands that get sick all at once, finding that intensive care unit may be hard, unless your RICH.

I hear ya thou, it is getting kinda old. Like watching paint dry, or coffee brew.

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

US senators will be briefed tomorrow on coronavirus
From CNN's Manu Raju

All US senators will be briefed Tuesday morning at 8 a.m. in a classified setting on the novel coronavirus, two sources with knowledge of the plans tell CNN.

One source said that the briefing will be in a classified setting because the senators who are organizing it wanted to be prepared in case a senator asks a question that can only be answered in a classified setting.

There will be briefers from the Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Homeland Security, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institutes of Health and the State Department, one source added.

Top Secret

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Infected numbers have been struggling to break the 80,000 barrier for almost a week. Either China stopped counting or they've contained the virus through their Draconian measures. If we all just have to follow the same guidelines as this if we get bad enough outbreaks then this thing will be contained before it can even infect 1M people, which is nothing.

However the stocks are struggling and if the world uses the same isolation techniques as China we'll stop the virus but surely push the global markets into melt down.

I predict a great market crash unlike anything ever seen. It will be the fallout from this that causes society as we know it to collapse, not the virus. It's going to get very bumpy starting within the next few weeks. Get your food while it's cheap.

top topics

<< 264  265  266    268  269  270 >>

join