It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
If a map is available, perhaps someone can post it where the infected are located

maphub.net...

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: EricEdert

i agree, unfortunately there's a cost to "free speech" and that cost is always going to be its openness to abuse to spread misinformation, there's just no way around it,
the only thing that can be done is educate others on how to fact check things before they blindly believe,
but at the moment that's still a new concept for a lot of people that are mid to older generation who are still used to believing things on the media ( specially facebook as information can appear to come from friends) which people naturally tend to trust, so until either the bad actors are controlled ( then they will shout about freedom of speech) or people learn to question things, there's going to be times where it needs to be controlled sadly

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 04:15 AM
link   
www.zerohedge.com...

With China's economy grinding to a halt as tens of thousands of people are infected and hundreds of millions are under quarantine from the coronavirus pandemic, a new viral hub may be emerging near Vietnam's capital, Hanoi.

According to the Bangkok Post, villages in Vietnam with 10,000 people close to the nation's capital were placed under quarantine on Thursday after six cases of the deadly new coronavirus were discovered there, authorities said.

The locking down of the commune of Son Loi, about 40 kilometres from Hanoi, is the first mass quarantine outside of China since the virus emerged from Wuhan.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Mateo96

predicting big sales of blood from them then

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...
China says 1,716 health workers infected by coronavirus, six dead

More than 87% of infected medical workers were in Hubei, the province at the epicenter of the outbreak that emerged in December and has killed some 1,380 people and infected more than 60,000.

More analysis needed to be done on how many of the medical workers were infected in hospitals, Zeng said. The figure for the number of medial workers who had died was as of Tuesday.

Chinese officials and hospitals have repeatedly spoken out over a shortage of protective equipment, including face masks, as the disease has taken hold in Hubei and spread throughout the country.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

That's great but why was that never an idea as a potential treatment for SARS, Ebola, HIV?

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Should be declared Pandemic soon. Probably already is behind the scenes. Wonder if they will just casually start referring to it as pandemic rather than announce it. Protect the markets, maintain order. That's where their priorities lie.

Local transmission in UK, Japan, likely US, France and Germany to name a few. Pandemic.
edit on 14-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: typo

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: SpartanStoic

That makes very little sense. Hmm a journalist, using an anonymous source to sensationalize. We need more data to process and other sources before I can even consider, giving that reporter credence. Rumor indeed.

You should realize, this is the news source (Epoch Times) that broke the SARS story decades ago. They are also the news source that had tons of exclusive closed-door testimony in the Mueller case that all turned out legit. Additionally they have probably the most expansive network of inside sources about China from decades of human rights reporting.

They do not typically write sensational articles, and they aren't going to dox their intel source. I wouldn't discredit what they say so readily. There are other reasons as well I would take their reporting seriously.
edit on 14-2-2020 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Village Idiot
I know nothing about if plasma would be effective with this particular virus, but I think it’s just propaganda to give people hope. Like the vaccine they keep saying hopefully is 12-18 months away. It keeps people calm and hopeful of a solution or treatment. Makes it seem like the Chinese government is working hard to find a treatment - and the propaganda machine will say it’s helping of course, whether it does or not.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Quick question. Does the virus survive on the face mask, if so is there a Possibility that it can multiply on the nose/mouth side of the mask, compounding the issue by breathing it in and recirculating the virus in and out of the lungs?

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   

ebloa and hiv i dont think the body creates antigns for ( note: "i think" im not 100% sure on that but fairly certain)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

virus will survive on the mask on the outside for sure, ( that's why how you take it off is so important!)
and if used for the correct amount of time and not reused etc then the risk of a well fitting new mask allowing that to happen although very small is minimal
edit:
( eyes, touching face, open sores or scratches etc also present risk which is why the advice is wash hands well with warm water and soap)
nothing short of a space suit put on in a sterile environment will negate all risk the objective is to minimize it as far as reasonably practical)
edit on 14-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

I agree 100% - it's time for the WHO and the world to stop mucking around and declare this thing what it is - a pandemic.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Quick question. Does the virus survive on the face mask, if so is there a Possibility that it can multiply on the nose/mouth side of the mask, compounding the issue by breathing it in and recirculating the virus in and out of the lungs?

A virus inside your body doesn't need any help. The best incubator is inside your body. The mask recirculating isn't going to matter about 'keeping it in'.

The bigger issue is the mask doesn't really do as much as it could in other circumstances since this can be transmitted by almost any normal vector (surfaces, bodily fluids, aeorosol, etc.)

This is the reason I think they are going to have a real problem with military and law enforcement over there. They have a continuous stream of these guys running around in masks, sometimes with gloves, sometimes not, pulling infected people from the streets and their homes. Some are hazmatted up, but not most and they are re-using suits anyway, so...
edit on 14-2-2020 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

Speaking of disposables. Yes. This is why they are only supposed to be used for a certain length of time.

When you remove one you should take special care not to touch the outside of the mask, since this is where infection will be concentrated. Re-using one is particularly risky since the virus will have had time to disperse through the moisture, deeper and possibly throughout the face mask contaminating the inside. You wear that, get moist from normal breathing, your whole mouth and nose are contaminated.

Front-line medics in China are running out of masks, so they are having to re-use them. You can see how the entire front-line could come crashing down very quickly in this case. If I had to reuse one, I would look into ways of sterilising it without degrading the fibres and making it useless. I'm not sure if this is possible as it may affect the electrostatic filtration.

edit: just saw you said multiply on mask. They will multiply in that you keep breathing more and trapping them there, but multiply as in reproduce, I don't think so... I believe this virus uses ACE2 cells to reproduce. There are ACE2 cells in saliva ducts, if some of this could make it into saliva and still be viable for virus reproduction after exhalation, I don't know. Best guess, no, play it safe, definitely

edit on 14-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: typos typos more bloody typos

edit on 14-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: typo....AGAIN

edit on 14-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: you guessed it.... typo

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

Sorry to correct but the thread needs to be as accurate as poss, Ebola and HIV do have antigens. Simple web search.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:23 AM
link   

That's great but why was that never an idea as a potential treatment for SARS, Ebola, HIV?

Could it crash the whole vaccination market if there was a different way to treat disease? Just get a shot of the required antigens, antibodies and other immune components that target a specific disease rather than getting the actual disease and other risk factors?

There may also be individual differences that make boosting the specific immune components tricky? I don't know.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: primalfractal

No problem, Did say I wasnt sure on that only fairly certain( wasn’t able to google was busy in between)

Source
There’s something here on Ebola and human antibodies

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
And for hiv is some info here

journals.plos.org.../journal.pmed.0030011
journals.plos.org.../journal.pmed.0030011” ( link doesn’t want to post correctly)
Another source for hiv vaccine tests ( note: IF FIND ANIMAL TESTING UPSETTING PLEASE DONT READ THE LINKS!)

www.nature.com...

Neither of those I’ve had time to read and verify info or source though

edit on 14-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: Sources

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

You could've nailed it there, threat to big pharma.

I think the problem with the transfusion idea would be completely overloaded hospitals, like China. Chances of getting a transfusion slim to sweet f a.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I've tried to keep up but there's been much dialogue and I've ignored much of what is posted.

Hate to read 10 pages just to get one post of actual data.

To add a disclaimer, I was invited to be on a Coronovirus Task-force for the Pacific North West.

They're taking it seriously.

I mean capital-budget seriously.

Will add what I know when I know, but right now, Oregon state epidemiologists are nervous.

Everyone is nervous.

I wish you luck, DB. We'd much appreciate anything you find out and are allowed to tell us.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join