It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold
a reply to: texasgirl

I know infection number from passengers is still increasing daily - up to 624 now!

And the philipino crew are infected. Which leaves me to wonder about the dead philipino crew member found in the engine room on the cruise ship in New Jersey. No updates on that one, either. He was being autopsied.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
interesting first hand account of being on the Diamond Princess

Wow. Ok, well, that explains the rapid infection rate on that ship at least... it isn't that this virus is massively infectious, it is simply that the people running the show on the ship have no clue when it comes to taking precautionary measures in a quarantine situation.

One more reason to add to a large number of reasons I never want to go on a cruise.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngelsDecay
Even if we have 10 persons trying to give some links with hope, good news and welcoming numbers, immediately we will have the same CoronApocalypse disciples trying to say its BS,

Not just that, but rabidly attacking you, claiming you said things you didn't, providing non-answers to questions you asked - or worse, answers to question you didn't ask - then attacking you when you point that out.

Good thing I have rhinoceros thick skin...
edit on 19-2-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Good evening/good morning humankind (I remember saying "mankind" years ago, but I guess it has all changed with the times)

Update: 2-19-2020 Tokyo 10 pm Wednesday -- New York 8 am -- London 1 am ? can't figure that one out, sorry Brits, need some help on that one---

But first a joke: If you want the answer PM me lol but maybe I won't pm you back if you are "humankind"
"A Japanese man walked into the currency exchange in New York City with 2000 yen and walked out with $72. The following week, he walked in with another 2000 yen, and was handed $66. He asked the teller why he got less money that week than the previous week. The teller said, "Fluctuations." The Japanese man stormed out, and just before slamming the door, turned around and shouted, "........."

Good news!
1. 443 passengers that tested positive get to sleep in their own beds tonight (yep! they got to get off the ship today)
2. expressions were many but most said "I can't wait to sleep in my own bed" tonight
3. there was a couple whose wife was infected, yet recovered on the ship /or off ship (?) both were seen walking together
4. big problem on the ship was medication shortage (many were diabetic )
5. another problem now maybe "social sigma " I've heard this often now
6. Feb 3 is when all passengers were ordered to immediately go back to their rooms. At the time everyone was enjoying themselves. ( I guess that's when they found out about being quarantine)
7. Doctors on the ship had never experience anything like this before, much confusion did set in among doctors
8. ALL PASSENGERS WILL BE DISEMBARKED BY THIS FRIDAY (ALL COMPLETED BY THEN)
9. a total of known infections on ship stands at 621 ( there were about 3711 people on the ship ) I guess you now can figure out the percent that was infected
10. some passengers that were infected but now tested negative will be allowed to disembark
11. all passengers are ask to take caution for the next 14 days (govt. follow up ? unknown by me at the present time, will try to follow up on this one and keep you all posted, be great that none show signs of infection

I guess I can call this "current events"

1. 79 new infections today brings the passengers and crew to 621
2. today 3 new infections (report may not be accurate at time of writing this) so forgive folks on this one. reason why I thought I heard something different during the news as it continued
3. 2 new cases in Okinawa today one is a taxi driver (hmm... passengers of the taxi driver ? ) probably news to follow up on this one also
4. 2 new cases in Kanagawa (but where in Kanagawa)
5. 1 new case in Sapporo (city official saying its possible that the virus could spread in the city) hey its cold up there now
6. 1 new case in Hokkaido (but where in Hokkaido)
7. 705 infected in Japan total today , this includes the cruise liner / 70 are known to be Chinese (this may not be right )
8. I think I heard this right (epidemic in Japan) maybe ? I'll follow up on this tomorrow, but its not the first time that I heard the word "epidemic"
9. Tokyo 7 new cases (hey folks, these numbers are to the best of my knowledge and they may vary in accuracy), but I am not making these number up. Its just that they were mention.
10. I believe when I heard the word "epidemic" is because this: transmission group not identified (I guess that means they don't know where the virus came from
11. tourist industry is being slowed down a bit ( 80% in some places)
12. Japanese are also canceling traveling to tourist spots
13. its so bad that one hotel suspended their business
14. tour bus operators not working (no tourist)
15. they have no clue when it will end
16. theme parks are taking a real big hit (I wonder how Disneyland in Tokyo is doing)
17. Japanese are not really traveling at the moment
18. large scale events are being postponed (no news on the Olympics, as of today its a go )
19. Mitusi and co. is asking employees not to go to events
20. Job hunting is being done on video, maybe nothing new, but I heard they don't want people to come in person at first
21. working at home is becoming more popular

This sounds about right: Can't answer about nationalities , privacy needs to be considered. (people are asking what race is infected in and where about they are hospitalized (something like that)

Time for a Sapporo beer folks

So we did have some good news today. Which is great.
So did any of you guess the answer to the joke?

Hey we got to have a cheerful heart.

またあした  see ya tomorrow take care everyone

kung fu movie time
hey what's your favorite kung fu movie, pm me, I'm run'n out of kung fu movies to watch

edit on 0200000017372020-02-19T07:37:17-06:00371702am7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

79 new cases on the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan. So far, a total of 621 infected people were found among 3,011 passengers and crew members tested (21% infection rate) out of 3,711 total people on the ship.
edit on 0200000009422020-02-19T08:42:09-06:00420902am8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Coronavirus Cases:
view by country
Deaths:
Recovered:

Where are you copying these numbers from?

It appears that the words 'view by country' should be a link, allowing you to see a breakdown by country, would love to have that as a source...

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

That is the real conundrum. How is it not affecting the world markets?

Possibly because they've been so severely corrupted since the 08 crash, that and manipulated its all utter bollocks.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

I imagine the temptation to ‘pop’ out for a bit of shopping or similar will be too great for most if they’ve only been asked to take precautions... surely anyone at risk could be another super spreader! It’s crazy, there’s a lot of angry comments on news stories from the public saying our government is hopeless and why are they letting this happen... I think it’s because they don’t want everyone to panic, we get a cm of snow here and everyone is out panic buying to the point of there being no food left.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
Gottleib: Japan is 'on the cusp' of coronavirus epidemic, could indicate pandemic is nearing:

www.cnbc.com...

You stay safe out there, Musicismagic! (I don't believe you are overhyping, either. And thank you for all the updates!)

Thank you very much
and see my update, I do mention it

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Why do I think the answer to your joke ends with "... too, Americans!"

I wonder how they're going to disinfect the ship. A lot of work in any case, and if the cleaning crew has to wear biohazard suits ... oh my.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

covid19info.live...

Everything seems to be on that dashboard

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Tracele

Definetly a degree of the gov not wanting to start panic etc, but it’s a double edged sword, by not being open with people ( and I don’t think it’s just the U.K. either think many are doing it), it’s causing the very thing they hope to avoid

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

In the end, there will be both panic AND a lack of confidence in the government.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That is the real conundrum. How is it not affecting the world markets?

Possibly because they've been so severely corrupted since the 08 crash, that and manipulated its all utter bollocks.

That's what I am pretty much getting at.

This whole ordeal is making me even more skeptical of the whole reality in which we, as in modern times, have built. The whole stability facade of "everything is fine here" is just really unbelievable and I cannot believe that people are falling for it. Especially here on the states. My coworkers just don't get it. Many people here just don't get it.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Most people probably just think if something really messed happens it will be slow and there will be plenty of time to prep, government will look after us, not realising it's t h e governments job to keep commerce flowing, a collapse would be sudden, with military on stand by to crush panickers and dissenters. If whistleblowers start disappearing it might be time to get the hell out of dodge.
edit on 19-2-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I agree... it’s a waiting game now.

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Why do I think the answer to your joke ends with "... too, Americans!"

I wonder how they're going to disinfect the ship. A lot of work in any case, and if the cleaning crew has to wear biohazard suits ... oh my.

Cheers

Hey, lol

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Ipman , although you've probably already seen it, great kunfu movies...

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
If ever there was a poster child for smart idiot that guy is it. It’s in the plumbing? Really? This is the best he has?

It’s airborne. They just can’t admit it.

Well... how do they treat their waste water? Do they have desalination plants on board? Or do they treat their sewage?

I seem to recall mention that this thing causes diarrhea, so, if they do recycle waste water, maybe it is in the plumbing? Wasn't there was also a report of this happening in some big building in China?

posted on Feb, 19 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join