It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School calls police when 6yo with Down syndrome points finger at teacher

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold
a reply to: Nyiah

shes a downs child for christ sake a real innocent

No kidding, really? I have a DS brother, tell me something I don't know. It doesn't change jack crap from the administrative perspective, though. Zero tolerance policies don't give a hoot about disabilities, they're blanket policies. You can get as upset about the disabled kids getting wrist-smacked all you want, it doesn't change the fact that it's a one-size-fits-all approach at all.

The question needs to be how do you get parents to care enough to get involved to strike these policies from districts?

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   
What on earth are you talking about???? Unmitigated access to guns? Idk what planet you’re from but that’s just an insane fantasy at best, or extreme hyperbole at worst.

Again, a 6 year old child pointed a finger at their teacher. Let’s put that on the list of normal things all children have done in their lives, and put the response of the adults in the room under extreme fear and paranoia.

Living in the real world, you need to have the cognitive skills to discern real threats and child’s play. I’ll fill you in on this one since it flew over your head. This was a child playing, not a real threat.

Shameful of the school and I bet the officer was pretty bewildered who had to take that call...

a reply to: odzeandennz

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   
There isn’t always a logical answer to people’s actions. The school behaved illogically, and responded emotionally.
The response by the school is unjustified and an extreme escalation to the situation that took place.

a reply to: Sookiechacha

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: tanstaafl
So, why do you think the school overreacted, if not to make an exqample [sic] of her behavior?

What logical reason could there be?

Let me think, ltet me think, there must be a reason I said that... hmmmmmm......

Oh - yeah, I remember now...

Because they are suffering from PC madness that has infected a huge number of leftist whack jobs in positions of power.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: proximo

Exactly. The fact people even consider school shootings to be a big problem only shows how much influence the media has over them. We are talking less than 100 killed in a year. 

So if illegal immigrants only killed 100 people a year that's no big deal .

statistically it wouldn't be... unfortunately, illegal immigrants kill way more than 100 people per year... so it is a big deal.

Next...

Um no, someone was making out a hundred kids being shot at school a year is no big deal, that is messed up.

Every death is tragic at a personal level. However, STATISTICALLY, it is not a big deal. The media makes it out to be more than it is...

Put it like this... tens of thousands of people die every year in car accidents. Something like 40,000 people a year.

We could probably reduce auto accidents to zero if we reduced speed limits to like 20 mph everywhere or prevented people from driving. Why don't we do that? Because everyone with two functioning brain cells knows the solution is impractical. We just accept that if you drive a car, there is a small statistical chance of being killed. Tragic, but the world isn't going to stop driving because 30,000 people out of 350 million in the US could die.

It is the same thing with school shootings. Maybe 100 people die in mass shootings. Tragic, but absolutely doesn't warrant all the freaking out from a statistical perspective. You have a greater chance of being struck by lightening on a Tuesday at noon on a sunny day than being shot or killed in a school shooting.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I get what your saying and yes you're right, however the number of kids killed at school should be zero. There shouldn't be a risk factor of a child being shot in a classroom .

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: odzeandennz
This is the society we live in. Kids somehow have unmitigated access to guns, and they massacre one another.

How many guns are legally owned in the US?
How many kids have gone on shooting sprees?
When you compare those numbers, you realize mass school shootings are an astronomically rare event. If you're mad about people killing each other, then go after drunk drivers, which are a significantly more dangerous threat than kids with guns.
Amen to that! I drive a wrecker and listen to the police scanner all day every day. Over the past couple years in our moderately sized county there have been maybe a few shootings and no fatal casualties by gun. More injuries occurred from stabbings than guns. There have been more wrecks than I can count including quite a large number of fatalities and life flights. Most of those are drunk driving accidents and children are definitely victims. A couple months ago or so it was a 2-year-old child. A few months before then it was a 5-year-old. Nevermind all the teenagers.

Nearly everyone around here has guns. Most people don't drink and drive. Fighting for a cause? Anti-gun activists should definitely reprioritize and fight drunk driving instead.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

our granddaughter is a downs child a funny little gem on the other hand we don't have moronic laws like that in nz well not that i know of

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join