It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Your Eyes

page: 1

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
My dear beautiful girl. My Gigi,[pic]
[/pic] you conquered the world and the heart of every person you met in the last three years of your life. Those three short years were a gift to me.
You conquered your self.
You fulfilled my dreams from a long past youth.

Thrown into my life like a wasted rag doll to became “The Queen of Hearts”
Before “Us” you had been secluded to a large pen, with barely any stimulation.
You adored Sam, grooming his face and ears, attentive to any whimper of discomfort. He was old then but you became his “Humpty Dumpty”, his joy.

You treated the cats like royalty, nudging each one every morning. When Angel, silly old deaf white “Primadonna” would pound your big head, you would just roar into her face and walk away. Wagging at me as if to say “I just want to lick her ears”
You, who had never seen a mass of water greater than a puddle, trusted me enough to wade in after me in “Our Lake” Water became your favorite thing.
The first time it froze you were very frustrated, crushing it with a vengeance, until it became too cold, even for you.

You protected me in your own unique manner. You would become very quiet, posed and stand behind me.
One day in particular was rather funny. A salesman came to the house. Sam and you sounded the alarm, as I opened the door Sam continued yipping, while you stood behind me in my shadow a hand on your head. Silent. I could feel your tension ripple up my arm.
Through the screen I engaged the man wanting to be friendly, I told him I wasn’t interested but he persisted moving closer.
I took a step back, twitched a finger on your ear and you calmly moved in front of me. You didn’t growl or bark, you just stood there. He flung his arms in the air, smacked into my van and apologized while running away. He never came back.

You my dear friend gave me, all of us, every single sentient being we encountered, love.
You gave me so much, you forced me to grow, to understand, to listen. From the dog that growled at me and challenged me, you became my friend, never wanting to leave my side.
I miss you so much. Sam was never the same again, curled up in a ball for months

In your eyes, those deep brown dark pools of infinity, I gazed into a depth I will never be able to comprehend.
In your eyes I had a glance at eternal bliss.
In your eyes.

This was hard for me to put together, but I wanted to give her a tiny legacy. It is over four months since she passed from acute kidney and liver failure and I still mourn her as if she had been a human. I remember this pain from when my parents past.
I didn't write the whole story, it seemed too long.
edit on 13-2-2020 by WalkInSilence because: wrong picture

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing that.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have something in my eye.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
They’re family.

Hell, they’re better than family.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
My condolences.

The rottweiler looks a lot like the family dog we had for many years, he was a rottweiler golden retriever mix. Such a kind, loving, and intelligent animal. He too passed on some years ago. I still miss him.

Nice that you made this little memorial of him. Losing a loved pet can be almost as painful as losing a member of the family.
edit on 13-2-2020 by SimpleIdea because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

What a eulogy. Thank you for sharing your lives. She was amazing and wonderful, and you are too. (heart)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
What a beautiful tribute WIS.
Every single one I've had and lost, still has a place in my heart, that will never be filled by another. It's just for them. I can't imagine a life without a dog.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
DP dangit.
edit on 13-2-2020 by chiefsmom because: double post

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Thank you guys, I have stuff in my eyes too.
To journey with her, from an animal that no one dared touch to the loving being she became, changed me too.
I never forced her, I only scolded her if she was in immanent danger.
She trusted me, I don't know how but she did.
She trusted me enough to live a full life for three years.

We visited retirement homes in her last year and they adored her.
Thank You. I miss my beautiful baby.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Thank you guys, I have stuff in my eyes too.
To journey with her, from an animal that no one dared touch to the loving being she became, changed me too.
I never forced her, I only scolded her if she was in immanent danger.
She trusted me, I don't know how but she did.
She trusted me enough to live a full life for three years.

We visited retirement homes in her last year and they adored her.
Thank You. I miss my beautiful baby.

How a person feels about their animals speaks volumes to me.

It’s funny we often think we are saving these dogs.

In fact, they usually end up saving us.

RIP to your beautiful friend.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

What a beautiful tribute to Gigi. So heartbreaking when we lose a beloved fur baby.
Thank you for taking us on a little journey into your and Gigi's life together! Forever remembered and loved.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Wow, what a gift.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Thank you for sharing that.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have something in my eye.

A do I
. I need a beer.

posted on Feb, 14 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I had to wait until I could get something out of my eye. That was beautiful and reminds me I have one of my own furbabies who probably needs a cuddle ... well, *I* need the cuddle.

I am so glad you took the time and effort to let her be such a magnificent friend.

new topics

top topics

join