It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plan To Sell Cheap Gas To China Creates Emergency For Canadian Economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The pipeline intended to take cheap gas to the coast to be shipped to China is an ecological disaster in every way.

It is not going unchallenged.

thenarwhal.ca...

Protesters disrupted the BC Legislature throne speech ceremony, stopping Agriculture Minister Lana Popham with two feathers.

Premier John Horgan finds this unacceptable.

“I respect people’s right to speak to power and to assemble peacefully at the legislature,” Horgan said Wednesday. “But yesterday was not like other days.
vancouversun.com...

The long threatened shutdown of Canada is creaking into gear.

'An emergency for the Canadian economy'

The disruption in rail service caused by anti-pipeline protesters is having a significant impact on some Canadian industries, costing millions and damaging Canada's reputation as a supplier of goods, industry leaders say.

"Every day that it goes on, the damage compounds," said Perrin Beatty, CEO of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce.

"It is damaging our international reputation as a reliable supplier. It is affecting our supply chains around the world."

www.cbc.ca...

Other related issues will be spun into the mix. Large construction projects tend to lead to an increase in assaults on women and girls. Red dresses symbolise the disproportionately high numbers of missing and murdered Indigenous women. This and other issues will be pushed to the forefront.

That cheap gas is starting to look expensive.

edit on 13 2 2020 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Fricken stupid people.

The safest way to transport oil is by pipeline.
There are literally millions of miles of oil and gas lines but this one by God will kill us all.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
100% a joke. Same thing with the XL pipeline. Damn thing was already built but the media was making out like it had not broke ground yet. The argument was over one section that Obama was holding up as a political card if he needed it because it was on the border and he had that jurisdiction.

They are making out like some potential Exxon Valdez disaster. It's a pipe with valves throughout the entire system and other safeguards. It's one of the safest systems on the entire planet.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Stopping legislation with two feathers?!?! BbbwwaaaaaaaHaaaaawwwwwww

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Don't know if you follow what's going on in our country leaded by a clown but we have an history of giving in for any vocal minority... They don't want the pipeline project to be stopped, they want millions to shut up. Just check the news for a few weeks and I assure you I'll be proven right.

Trudeau is a pussy and he willl pay, no doubt about it.

edit on 2020 2 13 by LoveSolMoonDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Native clothes are too new. Looks like it was bought in a gift shop. They are wearing makeup, wearing Nike and using plastic hangers to block the path. Total frauds. Pipleline isn't hurting anything enough to matter.
edit on 13-2-2020 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Native clothes are too new. Looks like it was bought in a gift shop. They are wearing makeup, wearing Nike and using plastic hangers to block the path. Total frauds. Pipleline isn't hurting anything enough to matter.

Are you saying that we Native Americans are not allowed to wear white people clothing?

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is a BS article.

Same nation held an election. Pro pipe won in a landslide.

Now the losers are throwing a temper tantrum.

All in all, very glad I wasted a big chunk of money ensuring I will never pay a cent of income tax in Canada again. Cut the stupid off at the source.

Get out there, and abuse your TFSA's people!

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Fricken stupid people.

The safest way to transport oil is by pipeline.
There are literally millions of miles of oil and gas lines but this one by God will kill us all.

Even stupider - building that pipeline south to the US would have been less pipeline than building one transcontinental to sell it to their commie pals in China.

But Obama shut it down when Harper would have played ball, and now when the US is game to go, Trudeau would rather kiss Xi's butt.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Are you saying that we Native Americans are not allowed to wear white people clothing?

Cultural appropriation is bad, m'kay.

At least that's what we all get told.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Lumenari

Cultural appropriation is bad, m'kay.

At least that's what we all get told.

I'm half white though....

So is mix and matching ok?

~puzzled~

edit on 13-2-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I wish we could get cheap gas here in Canada.
I'm in northern Ontario.
1.45 a litre here... And that's cheap for my area

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I wish we could get cheap gas here in Canada.
I'm in northern Ontario.
1.45 a litre here... And that's cheap for my area

This is a natural gas line. It would have no bearing on your gasoline costs, regardless of where it goes, or how it goes.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420
This is a BS article.

Same nation held an election. Pro pipe won in a landslide.

Now the losers are throwing a temper tantrum.

All in all, very glad I wasted a big chunk of money ensuring I will never pay a cent of income tax in Canada again. Cut the stupid off at the source.

Get out there, and abuse your TFSA's people!

Yes, the elected council approved with approval of a majority of bandmembers. The hereditary chiefs are making a fuss, have lost in court too. I guess if they had won, protesters could set up in front of their homes and highways.

Today they are blocking a major transit route, as well as commercial railways..they are not winning any support.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Haha I know, I was just being a jackass.

Honestly, everywhere in my town last week had "hereditary Chiefs" protesting on every street corner.
The CBC has been running the story for days.

top topics

join