It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus: Pathogens Linger in Toilet for Hours if you Flush Without Closing lid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar
a reply to: Waterglass
..... Scrubbing bubbles Jihad, and the Allstate reference are hilarious.

I see an opportunity for a mashup commercial between Farmers Insurance and Scrubbing Bubbles brands. Oh yeah...

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Running exhaust fan for 15 minutes will remove vast majority of airborne pathogens, study leader says

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
OK...I had to look it up.

Viruses live longer on surfaces such as steel, than they do on surfaces such as cloth or paper.
Survival times vary by virus, so the times listed are NOT for corona.

healthyliving.azcentral.com...
biology.stackexchange.com...

But them bacteria.....
www.cmmonline.com...

I am getting confused...and don't know what to believe.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I've thought about this, ever since there was something on TV about putting your toothbrushes in a holder by the sink. Supposedly, flushing the toilet, mists germs over onto the toothbrushes! So I was weighing the pros & cons of closing the lid!

If you close it, the spray is concentrated onto the underside of the lid. So the next person sits down & their shirt, pajama top, touches the lid & gets contaminated! It's now going to be transferred to your couch, chairs, bed, car seat, inside your jacket...😝

I can't decide which is worse?! Spray spreading over a bigger area, seat, lid, floor...but less concentrated. Or, confined to the toilet lid, but super concentrated! First world problems!
For starters, keep the toothbrushes in the cabinet or a drawer!
Maybe, keep the lid closed & then spray it with disinfectant after flushing? I did read that diluted peroxide is one of the best things to use. Keep some in a spray bottle. It's supposed to be better than bleach or alcohol, plus it's not toxic.

Something to ponder when you get bored! 😀
WOQ

top topics

<< 1   >>

join