It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Demonstrates Its Drone Dome Mobile Laser Defense System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Oh yay, not only has Turkey shot down a medium sized combat drone in Libya, but now Israel has incorporated a new laser for smaller drones that are frequently loved and utilized by militants the world over to drop 40mm grenades on unsuspecting targets as well as for their own aerial reconnaissance. The USA and Israel previously worked on a MTHEL system together in the early 2000's , so I guess this is not really much of a breakthrough. But hey, its new, and deployed, so yea man.. LASERS!

Rafael Drone Dome

RAFAEL's DRONE DOME™ Counter Unmanned Aircraft Systems C-UAS is a powerful, off-the-shelf, end-to-end solution that secures airspace against hostile drones.

The Challenge

Hostile drones are one of the fastest growing threats, posing serious security concerns. Incidents of terror, crime, swarm and autonomous drone attacks are dramatically increasing worldwide. These threats include drones flying near airports, endangering civilian flights and passengers’ lives.

The Solution

DRONE DOME provides a complete and comprehensive solution with a goal of enforcing effective UAV No-Fly zones. DRONE DOME is capable of identifying unknown targets, generating alerts (based on an adaptable rules generator), and operating without causing interference to non-target airborne assets by utilizing specific jammer bandwidth and an advanced directional antenna. This is a significant asset of the DRONE DOME system when operating in highly congested airspaces (civilian or military). DRONE DOME is a modular system and can be used as a stationary or mobile configuration, as well as customized per customer's request.

Benefits

Delivers an off-the-shelf system
Enables soft and hard-kill
Detects targets as small as 0.002 m2, at a distance of 3.5 km
Minimizes collateral damage
Operates in all weather conditions
Offers modular configuration, tailored to customer's requirements

Open architecture enables integration with any sensor, any shooter

Capabilities

In the DRONE DOME’s laser-based intercept phase, the laser director receives the target position from the C4I , which allocates it to the laser effector. The effector then locks and tracks the target, and within a few seconds, the laser beam is transmitted and destroys the target. The system can interface with various external systems and also supports future growth options, which includes additional sensors and effectors.
For additional specifications and information, view the Drone Dome Brochure

Well I for one am interested in owning one, and plan on getting me a brochure lol. I see something in the sky over my property that I did not authorize, its going down man!!

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 01:33 AM
link   
That's pretty cool, you can use them in a variety of scenerios.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

This is good news! Now we can cancel all our foreign aid and take care of the American people first!

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

This is good news! Now we can cancel all our foreign aid and take care of the American people first!

Foreign welfare*

Now I'll go ahead and be "that" guy:

Clearly, youre an antisemite and hate the Jews. - Ben Shapiro.

/s

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   
The Laser systems have come a long way in just the last 10 years which in my opinion was sorely needed. It never made much sense to shoot a 10 million dollar missile at something that cost 1/10 as much. Now for the cost of the power generation for the shot and the system itself multiple shots can be taken for probably 1/1000 the cost.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Say what you really mean.
What you meant to say is withdrawal foreign aid to Israel.
I'm quite sure you support sending money to third world countries that dont support us and waste OUR money

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oathkeeper73

I'm quite sure you support sending money to third world countries that dont support us and waste OUR money
I admire the Israelis and wish them well, but they don’t need our help. Israel is a rich nation (per capita GDP around $40,000) and can produce everything the IDF needs or buy it from the USA. If Israel is invaded our military can come to its assistance like it did in the Yom Kippur War. We’re running $1 trillion deficits per year. We can’t afford to be giving Israel $3 billion per year.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Phew.. Good thing you're 'quite' sure. For a moment there I thought you were just making accusations you weren't sure.
But yea he wants to help 3rd world countries as opposed to countries ready to support our wars.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I remember seeing Liberace play on TV once. He sat down at the piano and played a little introduction. Then he stopped, turned to the camera and said something to the effect, "You know, a lot has been said about my rings." He held his hands up to show the camera his big, gaudy rings and said, "Take a look at these rings. Take a good look. You paid for them." Then he smiled and went back to playing the piano.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Phew.. Good thing you're 'quite' sure. For a moment there I thought you were just making accusations you weren't sure.
But yea he wants to help 3rd world countries as opposed to countries ready to support our wars.

And what does supporting those third world countries get us in return?
Let me answer for you. Nothing

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Counter missile and UAV tech has been a high priority for just about everyone for years. Iron Dome is arguably the best counter projectile system to date, and is an excellent baseline for other systems, such as Drone Dome.
edit on 2/13/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
I like that it also has the jammer E/W feature. I read on another news site about this system that they could potentially seize control of the drone as well. Be useful so they can download everything in memory and identify the home base where they get launched from as well as any areas where they have lingered and ID the AO.

new topics

top topics

join