It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Countries Best And Worst Prepared For An Epidemic/Pandemic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
In 2019 The Global Health Security Index ranked 195 countries by their ability to deal with an epi/pandemic. They used 6 measures to rank the relative ability of a country to resist/contain/deal with an outbreak.

1. Prevention: Prevention of the emergence or release of pathogens 2. Detection and Reporting: Early detection and reporting for epidemics of potential international concern 3. Rapid Response: Rapid response to and mitigation of the spread of an epidemic 4. Health System: Sufficient and robust health system to treat the sick and protect health workers 5. Compliance with international norms: Commitments to improving national capacity, financing plans to address gaps, and adhering to global norms 6. Risk Environment: Overall risk environment and country vulnerability to biological threats. NOTE: All data are normalized to a scale of 0 to 100, where 100 = best health security conditions. www.ghsindex.org...

The Top Three

USA at 83%
U.K. at 77.9%
Netherlands at 75.6%

The Bottom

North Korea 17.5%
Somalia 16.6%
Equatorial Guinea 16.2%

China ranked 51 at 48%

www.ghsindex.org...
edit on 2/12/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT
The videos of them (Chinese) dragging reluctant people off to the quarantine are quite eye-opening to say the least. I saw videos of their soldiers deployed onto the streets also using some equipment to screen for the virus or something. They totally gone into authoritarian dystopian lockdown mode.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Interesting site. They scored the USA Healthcare Access quite low, only 25.3. Lower than China.

Well, that China overall score helps explain alot based on what we been seeing in the news the past few weeks. Plus they have virus R&D and Bio-weapons labs. Wow.
I'm thinking they bio-nuked themselves and the Pandora's box leaked out.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   
nothing to worry about the gov's have it all under controle so you can sleep well and no couse for panic reactions..
as long as you keep travveling / buying/ trading ect....
and we all can go save to the olympics in tokio this summer… imposseble to cancel that event ...would cost economic moore than the tsunami....

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I live in the Netherlands, and no, we are not top 3.

1; Prevention: Nothing done to prevent outbreak. Ohh yeah, they stopped a couple of flights now that the virus is already everywhere. They didn't care for months though.

2; Detection and Reporting: Nothing detected, nothing reported.

3; Rapid response: More like no response.

4; Healthcare system: Completely broken down. There aren't enough doctors, nurses, healthcare workers etc. There isn't enough money to pay them, thanks to the massive influx of the so called ''refugees'' for one.

5; Compliance: well... yeah, the citizens must comply.

6; Risk environment: This one is actually a bit decent, I gotta give em that at least. Still, the country has been on a downslide for years.

Now that i'm thinking about it. Is this why the EU let in so many millions of obviously no ''refugees''? The data says the Me and Africa have not been hit, and that's exactly were all the free-loaders are coming from.

posted on Feb, 13 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Yes! We’re number one as always! Eat that France!

new topics

top topics

join