It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does Candidate BERNIE SANDERS Attract So Many Violent Staffers and Supporters?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

And the Alt-Right movement is a recent American phenomenon. There was no alt-right in the 1930's.

The alt-right appeared in the MSM about 24 hours after Trump descended the escalator.

Coincidence? I think not.

According to Wikipedia, Richard Spencer published a magazine called "The Alternative Right" in 2010, although I think the actual organization of it as a movement was somewhat later, on 4Chan and Daily Stormer.

I'm no real expert on it beyond what I have read online.

Good, then you acknowledge that the Alt-right was made up by left wing extremists using social media and the Main Stream Media?

About time you saw reality.

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

And the Alt-Right movement is a recent American phenomenon. There was no alt-right in the 1930's.

The alt-right appeared in the MSM about 24 hours after Trump descended the escalator.

Coincidence? I think not.

According to Wikipedia, Richard Spencer published a magazine called "The Alternative Right" in 2010, although I think the actual organization of it as a movement was somewhat later, on 4Chan and Daily Stormer.

I'm no real expert on it beyond what I have read online.

Good, then you acknowledge that the Alt-right was made up by left wing extremists using social media and the Main Stream Media?

About time you saw reality.

Why would they do so? To get organized opposition to themselves?

People now acknowledge themselves as alt-right members and meet together, both online and in person, to strategize and socialize. Take for example, the "Unite the Right" rallies. Were they made up?

edit on 15/2/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Like Antifa members?

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Gojira54

So I guess you didn't actually want to see the studies...

See this post, particularly the real clear politics article. All of those studies use questionable categorizations in order to inflate the numbers. Any anti-government extremist is labeled a right-winger, despite anti-government attitudes not being exclusive to either side of the political spectrum. Racism is also not exclusive to either side of the spectrum. Once you move past the brainwashing that all racism etc is right-wing, the underlying premise of those numbers falls apart.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

So you believe that every study, even those done by Right Wing organizations, all commit the same methodological error despite the fact that they all employ their own criteria for what constitutes a terror attack and determining the ideology behind said attack?

Furthermore, you believe that this methodological error that plagues every study, regardless of the actual methods employed, is so egregious that it shows that not only is Left Wing extremism not the biggest driving factor of terrorism in the US, it's not even close to second?

Seriously? You actually think that every single study is skewed to such a degree that Right Wing extremism is oversampled by a factor of five while Left Wing extremism is undersampled to a similar degree?

It's possible that a few cases in a few studies may be miscategorized, but there's no way it's to the extent that Right Wing extremism is suddenly no longer the biggest cause of terrorism in this country and Left Wing extremism is.

Deny Ignorance

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Bernie makes people angry
Even those who like him
Perhaps it is his unkempt eyebrows?

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
One undeniable truth is: left wing violence against those who they deem as ‘political opposition’, will increase.

I bet real money on that

Easily manipulated ignorant fools. Down to the very last one.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
P.J. O'Rourke said it best:

“At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.”

This one quote explains why people on the left are so violent. They are angry, sniveling brats who throw tantrums when they don't get their way.

#ChangeMyMind

posted on Feb, 17 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: face23785

So you believe that every study, even those done by Right Wing organizations, all commit the same methodological error despite the fact that they all employ their own criteria for what constitutes a terror attack and determining the ideology behind said attack?

Furthermore, you believe that this methodological error that plagues every study, regardless of the actual methods employed, is so egregious that it shows that not only is Left Wing extremism not the biggest driving factor of terrorism in the US, it's not even close to second?

Seriously? You actually think that every single study is skewed to such a degree that Right Wing extremism is oversampled by a factor of five while Left Wing extremism is undersampled to a similar degree?

It's possible that a few cases in a few studies may be miscategorized, but there's no way it's to the extent that Right Wing extremism is suddenly no longer the biggest cause of terrorism in this country and Left Wing extremism is.

Deny Ignorance

It's in every study that I've seen on the subject, yeah. If you have one in which those incorrect generalizations aren't made, please post it. That would require you to actually read them though, not just grab the ones in which the headline gives you confirmation bias. Flawed methodologies make the conclusions useless and incorrect. Of course, if all you're trying to do is push a political agenda, you wouldn't care about that. Since we all know that's all you're trying to do, it's no surprise you're unconcerned that the methodology is flawed.
edit on 17 2 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join